An impressive product with cash back and 0% intro APR on balance transfers.
|Product Name||TRIO® Credit Card|
|APR (Annual Percentage Rate) for Purchases||15.74% to 24.74% variable|
|Introductory Balance Transfer APR||0% for the first 12 billing cycles (then 15.74% to 24.74% variable)|
|Balance Transfer Fee||4% or $5 (whichever is greater)|
|Cash Advance Rate||26.74% variable|
|Cash Advance Fee||$5 or 4% of the cash advance amount, whichever is greater|
|Foreign Transaction Fee||None|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 23 days|
|Late Payment Fee||$38|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Welcome Bonus||Earn 10,000 points after spending $1,000 in the first 90 days|
|Reward Value per Dollar||1 points|
|Rewards Points Expiry||Never|
The TRIO® Credit Card is a great pick with strong perks: $0 annual fee, 0% APR for 12 billing cycles on balance transfers, a signup bonus and cash back.
There are cards that offer better cash back than the TRIO® Credit Card. However, there are very few cards that offer exactly what the TRIO® Credit Card does. For example:
- The Uber Visa Card offers better cash back at at restaurants, but it doesn’t offer a special cashback rate for gas.
- The Bank of America® Cash Rewards credit card offers better cash back: 2% on gas and 2% on groceries. But it doesn’t offer more cash back at restaurants.
Ultimately, choosing the right card comes down to your specific needs. There are many cashback cards that’ll bring you loads of benefits, and the TRIO® Credit Card is a worthy contender.
Should you get the TRIO® Credit Card?
- If you want a card with no annual fee, an intro APR on balance transfers and cash back, the TRIO® Credit Card is a fine pick.
- If you want 0% APR on purchases, check out cards like the Savor® from Capital One® and Discover it® Cash Back.
- ANNUAL FEE: $0
A $0 annual fee makes it easy to keep the TRIO® Credit Card long term.
- INTRO APR: 0% on balance transfers for 12 billing cycles.
- REWARDS: Up to 3% cash back.
Here’s the cash back you’ll earn from the TRIO® Credit Card:
- 3% at restaurants.
- 2% on gas and at grocery and drug stores.These rewards are valid on up to $1,500 in combined purchases each quarter.
- You’ll earn 1% on all other purchases.
The TRIO® Credit Card offers good cashback rates, but you’ll wish your earnings weren’t capped. For a card with strong, unlimited cash back, try the Uber Visa Card or Savor® from Capital One®.
When you spend $1,000 within the first 90 days, you’ll earn 10,000 Real Life Rewards points that are good for $100 cash back.
You’ll also like …
- Cell phone protection.
When you pay your wireless phone bill with your card, you’ll qualify for Fifth Third Bank Cell Phone Protection. This covers costs of your damaged or stolen phone, up to $200. The first two additional phones on your wireless phone bill are also covered.The Cell Phone Protection plan comes with a $50 deductible per claim.
- No penalty APR.
- No foreign transaction fees.
- No over-the-credit-limit fee.
- Price protection.Receive partial reimbursement if you find a lower price on an item you purchased with your card.
- Extended warranties on items you purchase with your card.
- Mastercard Priceless Cities. Receive special offers like private event invitations and tickets to exclusive events.
- Mastercard Airport Concierge. Helps you get through immigration quicker, assists with baggage, provides transportation and more.
- Mastercard Global Services. Emergency card replacement, emergency cash advances and more.
- Mastercard Travel Services. Your personal travel advisor will help you plan your next vacation.
- Rental car coverage.
- Access to TPC Network golf courses.
Compare cash back credit cards
How does a balance transfer work with this card?
What to watch out for
- No intro APR for purchases.
A 0% APR period for purchases would be a fantastic deal. Unfortunately, the TRIO® Credit Card doesn’t offer it. For a cashback card that has an intro APR on purchases, try the Discover it® Cash Back.
- Potentially high APR.
The card’s APR spans from 15.74% to 24.74% variable. If you have a weaker credit history, you may be given an interest rate toward the higher end of that range. With APRs averaging around 16%, 24.74% is high.
What to know before you apply
To apply for the TRIO® Credit Card, you must be at least 18 years old. You must also be a citizen or permanent resident of the US.
Always consider your options and your financial situation before you apply for a credit card.
Information you’ll need
- Your full name and contact information.
- Your residential status.
- Your annual income, source of income and employment information.
- Your Social Security number.
- A valid driver’s license or state ID.
What credit score do I need?
You’ll have a better chance of approval for this card if you apply with a good to excellent credit score of 680 to 850.
What’s a good credit score?
How to apply for the TRIO® Credit Card
1. Go to the Fifth Third Bank website and click Apply Now.
2. Select if you’re an existing Fifth Third customer. Also, select whether you’re a citizen or permanent resident of the US.
3. Complete the application with details like your name, address, annual income and Social Security number.
4. Review and submit your completed application.
How long will it take to be approved?
Fifth Third Bank will send you a decision within 30 days.
I got the card. Now what?
- Make timely payments. Pay your card bill online at the Fifth Third Bank website.
- Avoid interest. After the close of each billing cycle, you have a grace period of 23 days to pay your balance. If you do, you won’t pay interest on your purchases.
- Avoid fees. Late payments come with fees of up to $38. Balance transfers and cash advances also come with fees.
- Customer service. If you have questions, contact Fifth Third Bank support at 800-972-3030.
You may not have heard of the TRIO® Credit Card, but it could be a sleeper hit. Not only does it offer 0% APR on balance transfers for 12 billing cycles, it also lets you earn strong cash back in various categories. Ultimately, It holds up well against other cashback cards.
Still not sold on the TRIO® Credit Card? Compare your other options with our comprehensive guide to credit cards.
Frequently asked questions