We know that everyone's situation is unique and we aim to help you find the right product for you. We may receive compensation when you visit our partners' sites or are approved for their products. You can read more about how we maintain editorial independence and how we make money here.
An impressive product with cash back and 0% intro APR on balance transfers.
|Product Name||TRIO® Credit Card|
|Intro APR for Balance Transfer||0% Intro APR for 12 months (with whichever is greater: $5 or 4% balance transfer fee)|
|Balance Transfer Rate (not intro)||15.49% to 24.49% variable|
|APR for Purchases ( Purchase Rate )||15.49% to 24.49% variable|
|Cash Advance Rate||26.49% variable|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 23 days|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (MC)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|0% of transaction value|
|Minimum Credit Score||Fair (660-699)|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Late Payment Fee||$38|
|Cash Advance Fee||$5 or 4% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater|
The TRIO® Credit Card is a great pick with strong perks: $0 annual fee, 0% APR for 12 months on balance transfers, a signup bonus and cash back.
There are cards that offer better cash back than the TRIO® Credit Card. However, there are very few cards that offer exactly what the TRIO® Credit Card does. For example:
- The Uber Visa offers better cash back at 4% at restaurants, but it doesn’t offer a special cashback rate for gas.
- The BankAmericard Cash Rewards offers better cash back: 3% on gas and 2% on groceries. But it doesn’t offer more cash back at restaurants.
Ultimately, choosing the right card comes down to your specific needs. There are many cashback cards that’ll bring you loads of benefits, and the TRIO® Credit Card is a worthy contender.
Should you get the TRIO® Credit Card?
- If you want a card with no annual fee, an intro APR on balance transfers and cash back, the TRIO® Credit Card is a fine pick.
- If you want 0% APR on purchases, check out cards like the Capital One Savor and Discover it Card.
- ANNUAL FEE: $0A $0 annual fee makes it easy to keep the TRIO® Credit Card long term.
- INTRO APR: 0% on balance transfers for 12 months.
- REWARDS: Up to 3% cash back.
Here’s the cash back you’ll earn from the TRIO® Credit Card:
- 3% at restaurants.
- 2% on gas and at grocery and drug stores.
These rewards are valid on up to $1,500 in combined purchases each quarter.
You’ll earn 1% on all other purchases.
The TRIO® Credit Card offers good cashback rates, but you’ll wish your earnings weren’t capped. For a card with strong, unlimited cash back, try the Uber Visa or Capital One Savor.
- SIGNUP BONUS:: Earn Real Life Rewards points.
When you spend $1,000 within the first 90 days, you’ll earn 10,000 Real Life Rewards points that are good for $100 cash back.
You’ll also like …
- Cell phone protection.
When you pay your wireless phone bill with your card, you’ll qualify for Fifth Third Bank Cell Phone Protection. This covers costs of your damaged or stolen phone, up to $200. The first two additional phones on your wireless phone bill are also covered.
The Cell Phone Protection plan comes with a $50 deductible per claim.
- No penalty APR.
- No foreign transaction fees.
- No over-the-credit-limit fee.
- Price protection.Receive partial reimbursement if you find a lower price on an item you purchased with your card.
- Extended warranties on items you purchase with your card.
- Mastercard Priceless Cities. Receive special offers like private event invitations and tickets to exclusive events.
- Mastercard Airport Concierge. Helps you get through immigration quicker, assists with baggage, provides transportation and more.
- Mastercard Global Services. Emergency card replacement, emergency cash advances and more.
- Mastercard Travel Services. Your personal travel advisor will help you plan your next vacation.
- Rental car coverage.
- Access to TPC Network golf courses.
Compare cash back credit cards
How does a balance transfer work with this card?
What to watch out for
- No intro APR for purchases.
A 0% APR period for purchases would be a fantastic deal. Unfortunately, the TRIO® Credit Card doesn’t offer it. For a cashback card that has an intro APR on purchases, try the Discover it Card.
- Potentially high APR.
The card’s APR spans from 15.49% to 24.49% variable. If you have a weaker credit history, you may be given an interest rate toward the higher end of that range.
With APRs averaging around 16%, 24.49% is high.
What to know before you apply
To apply for the TRIO® Credit Card, you must be at least 18 years old. You must also be a citizen or permanent resident of the US.
Always consider your options and your financial situation before you apply for a credit card.
Information you’ll need
- Your full name and contact information.
- Your residential status.
- Your annual income, source of income and employment information.
- Your Social Security number.
- A valid driver’s license or state ID.
What credit score do I need?
You’ll have a better chance of approval for this card if you apply with a good to excellent credit score of 680 to 850.
What’s a good credit score?
How to apply for the TRIO® Credit Card
1. Go to the Fifth Third Bank website and click Apply Now.
2. Select if you’re an existing Fifth Third customer. Also, select whether you’re a citizen or permanent resident of the US.
3. Complete the application with details like your name, address, annual income and Social Security number.
4. Review and submit your completed application.
How long will it take to be approved?
Fifth Third Bank will send you a decision within 30 days.
I got the card. Now what?
- Make timely payments. Pay your card bill online at the Fifth Third Bank website.
- Avoid interest. After the close of each billing cycle, you have a grace period of 23 days to pay your balance. If you do, you won’t pay interest on your purchases.
- Avoid fees. Late payments come with fees of up to $38. Balance transfers and cash advances also come with fees.
- Customer service. If you have questions, contact Fifth Third Bank support at 800-972-3030.
You may not have heard of the TRIO® Credit Card, but it could be a sleeper hit. Not only does it offer 0% APR on balance transfers for 12 months, it also lets you earn strong cash back in various categories. Ultimately, It holds up well against other cashback cards.
Still not sold on the TRIO® Credit Card? Compare your other options with our comprehensive guide to credit cards.
Frequently asked questions