Stanford FCU Visa® Platinum Cash Back Rewards Credit Card review
Earn unlimited 1% cash back on everything you buy and save money on fees.
- Get this card if you want to earn flat cash back on all purchases.
- Pick something else if you want an intro APR period or a signup bonus.
- Apply with a good to excellent credit score of 670 or higher.
Up to 1%
8.99% to 17.99%
Purchase APR (variable)
Intro balance transfer
for the first 6 months (then 8.99% to 17.99% variable)
Kliment Dukovski is a credit cards and investments writer. He's written over 600 articles to help readers find and compare the best credit cards. Kliment has also written on money transfers, home loans and more. Previously, he ghostwrote guides and articles on foreign exchange, stock market trading and cryptocurrencies.
Aside from earning unlimited cash back on all purchases, the Stanford FCU Visa® Platinum Cash Back Rewards Credit Card comes with a low APR and fewer fees than similar bank-issued cards. But don’t expect to earn a signup bonus or get a 0% intro APR period on purchases and balance transfers.
How to apply for the Stanford FCU Visa® Platinum Cash Back Rewards Credit Card
- Visit the Stanford FCU website and locate the card.
- Members click Members apply now, non-members click Non-members apply now.
- Fill out the application form.
- Review the form and submit.
What credit score do I need?
Increase your chances of approval with a good credit score of 670 or higher.
- Cash back. Earn unlimited 1% cash back on all purchases. Though, most other credit cards with a flat cashback rate offer 1.5%.
- Fewer fees. You won’t pay fees to keep the account open, for cash advances or balance transfers. And if you want to use your card overseas, you won’t pay foreign transaction fees. You’re only fees are $7 for late payments, and up to a $20 for returned payments. Similar cards charge up to $38 for late payments.
- Potentially low APR. Depending on your creditworthiness, you can get an APR of 8.99% to 17.99% variable.
What to watch out for
- No signup bonus. You won’t find cash or reward incentives to sign up for this card. Compare credit cards with bonus offers if you want this perk.
- No 0% intro APR period. Despite having a low APR, a 0% intro APR can help you save more money on interest.
Compare cash back credit cards
If you’re looking to earn cash back on all purchases and save money with a low APR and fewer fees, the Stanford FCU Visa® Platinum Cash Back Rewards Credit Card could be an option.
But if you don’t find this card appealing, compare other credit card until you find the right fit for your wallet.