Plans start at $25 with more speed and data than your average carrier.
Simple Mobile plans are designed to give you more speed and more data without the higher price tags of the “big four” carriers. Plans come with no contracts, credit checks or the hidden fees made famous by others in the industry. Yet Simple Mobile’s website lacks information that’s pretty important to someone looking for the best price and quality for wireless service.
- No contracts
- No credit check
- Unlimited international calling
- No contract. If you’re looking for true pay as you go, Simple Mobile can help.
- No credit check. A benefit of prepaying is that you don’t need good credit.
- Data pricing. While we question the quality of Simple Mobile’s data, the price makes it worthwhile to research what you’re getting.
- Data network confusion. Simple Mobile should have kept things a little more simple online. As it is, we can’t tell if we’re buying 4G LTE or 3G service.
- Limited features. Compared with other carriers, Simple Mobile’s add-ons are thin.
- SIM card confusion. Users complain about SIM cards for purchase without the pin required to activate them.
What is Simple Mobile?
Simple Mobile provides nationwide coverage on a 4G LTE network with coast-to-coast coverage and no roaming or long-distance charges.
Or does it? The company lists coast-to-coast 4G LTE network coverage in multiple places on its site, but you’ll find conflicting information in its FAQ. Sadly, the company’s name may not indicate how your transactions or service will be handled.
What services does Simple Mobile offer?
Simple Mobile’s unlimited wireless plans come with no contract, no credit check and no hidden fees. Instead, the price you pay includes unlimited nationwide talk and text, unlimited international text and no roaming charges in the US and Mexico. You even get unlimited international calling to up to 15 unique numbers across 64 countries.
Simple Mobile Plans
- 1 GB Plan — $25 a month for 1GB 4G LTE speed data (drops to 2G after)
- 4 GB Plan — $40 a month for 4GB 4G LTE speed data (drops to 2G after)
- Truly Unlimited — $50 a month for unlimited data at 4G LTE speeds
- Truly Unlimited with mobile hotspot — $60 a month unlimited data at 4G LTE speeds plus 8GB mobile hotspot
Take 5% off any plan’s pricing by enrolling in autopay or Auto ReUp.
Are there any other features I should know about?
Simple Mobile might not keep everything simple, but its plans and features are pretty clear-cut.
- Unlimited international calling. While limited to select destinations and up to 15 unique numbers, it’s an advantage over the competition.
- Decent phone selection. Simple Mobile offers a fairly admirable smartphone selection with most of the hottest brands in attendance.
- Monthly payment plans. Low monthly pricing for those who want to start with a new phone in hand that’s not picked up at full price.
- Bring your own device. If you’re a new user with a compatible phones your already love, purchase a Simple Mobile SIM card to switch it over.
What to watch out for
The biggest issue with Simple Mobile appears to be knowing what you’re getting when you sign up. But that’s not the only thing to keep in mind.
- Conflicting service info. Simple Mobile boasts 4G LTE network coverage, but its FAQ advises that it does not offer 4G LTE. It’s a tad confusing.
- SIM card confusion. Multiple users complain that the required SIM card frustraingly did not come with the necessary activation PIN. Beware a wasted purchase by asking beforehand.
Compare cell phone plan providers
How do I sign up for Simple Mobile?
Simple Mobile claims to offer solid service at low prices. Still, we can’t be wholly sure. Conflicting information online about its data network will require some questions before signing up. That said, competitive pricing makes this an ideal option to explore.
Promo codes & deals for Simple Mobile
Popular SIMPLE Mobile coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|6 Feb 2019||Free LG L413 when you switch to simple mobile||********|
|17 Apr 2018||Free standard shipping||********|