Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Capital One® Quicksilver® Cash Rewards Credit Card vs. Citi® Double Cash Card
Two excellent credit cards with unlimited cash back on all purchases.
Capital One and Citi both have excellent flat-rate cashback cards, but these products differ in important respects.
While both have a $0 annual fee, the Citi® Double Cash Card offers higher potential rewards: 1% cash back on all purchases and another 1% as you pay them off. Meanwhile, the Capital One® Quicksilver® Cash Rewards Credit Card offers 1.5% cash back on all purchases. Capital One’s card is superior for a signup bonus — its competitor doesn’t have one — and Citi’s product wins for balance transfers.
Which card should you choose?
Capital One® Quicksilver® Cash Rewards Credit Card
- No annual fee
- $150 cash bonus when you spend $500 on purchases in the first 3 months
- 1.5% cash back on all purchases
- Long intro APR for purchases and balance transfers
The Capital One® Quicksilver® Cash Rewards Credit Card is a strong cashback card, offering 1.5% back on all purchases. That’s less than you’ll earn with the Citi® Double Cash Card. However, you’ll earn a $150 signup bonus if you spend $500 on purchases within the first 3 months of card membership — a benefit its counterpart doesn’t offer.
Citi® Double Cash Card
- Earn cash back. Earn cash back twice on everything you buy — 1% when you make the purchase and 1% when you pay your balance. Similar cards let you earn 1.5% back. That's up to a $100 difference if you spend $20,000 a year with your card.
- Intro APR on balance transfers. Enjoy 18 months of a 0% intro APR period for balance transfers. Compared to similar cards, this is one of the longest intro periods you can get. After that, a variable APR of 13.99% to 23.99% applies.
- Citi Entertainment℠. Get special access when buying presale tickets or VIP packages for concerts, sports events, dining and more.
The Citi® Double Cash Card is one of the very best cashback products you’ll find, with an excellent rewards rate on all purchases. As long as you pay off your purchases, you’ll earn a better cashback rate than you would with the Quicksilver® from Capital One®. The card doesn’t come with a signup bonus. However, Citi periodically offers a strong balance transfer intro APR.
If you value a signup bonus, the Capital One® Quicksilver® Cash Rewards Credit Card might be the right choice. But if you want stronger rewards over time — and a balance transfer intro APR — consider the Citi® Double Cash Card.
Not sure about either product? There are many other cashback cards to choose from that you can compare below.
Compare cashback credit cards
Ask an Expert