Paragon Financial Group invoice factoring review
Short-term financing available in less than 24 hours for businesses of all credit types.
- Best for B2B and B2G businesses with poor credit that need fast access to working capital.
- Pick something else if your company earns less than $30,000 per month.
Kathryn Pomroy was a writer for Finder, specializing in loans. She has written for dozens of major publications, small businesses and many well-known personal finance companies, including LendingTree, Money Crashers, Quickbooks/Intuit, BankRate, LendEDU and more. Kathryn holds a BA in Journalism and drinks super bold coffee while eating peanut butter and honey toast.
Paragon Financial Group offers nonrecourse invoice factoring of up to 90% of your unpaid invoices. It can fund a minimum monthly factoring amount of $20,000, though you must bring in at least $30,000 in monthly revenue to qualify. The fee for factoring with Paragon starts low at 1.25%, but the exact terms you get will depend on how much you’re factoring and your clients’ credit histories.
Because invoice factoring is dependent on your customer paying, Paragon Finance doesn’t have strict eligibility requirements. It works with companies that have poor credit, tax problems and startups in most B2B and B2G industries, with the exception of third-party medical billing and consumer support services companies.
First, do I qualify?
The only eligibility requirement is your business must bring in at least $30,000 per month. Other than that, Paragon Financial doesn’t care about your business’s credit history or time in operation. That’s because nonrecourse invoice factoring is dependent on your customers paying, not you.
What makes Paragon Financial Group unique?
Paragon funds up to 90% of your invoices — usually within 24 hours of purchasing them. That’s a fairly decent rate for the industry. It’s willing to work with startups, as well as companies with poor credit or tax problems. And since it offers nonrecourse factoring, you’re not required to pay back the invoice if your customer never pays up.
On top of nonrecourse factoring, Paragon also offers purchase order financing, government invoice factoring and accounts receivable factoring, along with other services.
- Funds up to 90% of your invoices within 24 hours of purchasing them
- Fully online application
- No credit score requirements
- Works with most B2B and B2G businesses
- You don’t have to pay back the invoice, even if your customer doesn’t
- Fees are 1.25% to 2% of invoice amount — due every 30 days until the invoice is paid
- Invoices can be no more than 60 days delinquent
- Your company must earn at least $30,000 a month to qualify
Find other business loan options
How do I apply?
You can apply for invoice factoring with Paragon Financial Group online or by calling 888-400-5931. Follow these steps to get started online:
- Go to the Paragon Financial Group website.
- Click Funding application on the right side of the homepage.
- Fill in your company's name, tax ID number, number of employees and address. Describe your business and background. Click Next.
- Enter your personal information, including your Social Security number and date of birth.
- Provide your average monthly billing, average invoice size and desired factoring amount.
- Enter the requested information for each of your customers.
What documents do I need to apply?
Have the following documents on hand to help you fill out the application:
- Business information, including number of employees and monthly revenue
- Most recent payable aging and accounts receivable reports
- DBA filing or articles of incorporation
- Customer list
- Company’s sample invoice
How do repayments work?
Paragon Financial doesn't offer loans, so there are no repayments. Once your client pays the invoices you sell to Paragon Financial, it will return the remaining percentage due, minus its fees.
Unlike other factoring companies, you aren't tied to a lengthy contract with Paragon and can cancel its service at any time.