Fifth Third Cash/Back Card review
Earn 1.67% back on all purchases with a solid balance transfer offer and no annual fee required.
- Get this card if you want rewards on your spending and an intro APR period on balance transfers.
- Pick something else if you want higher rewards and an intro APR period on purchases.
- Apply with a good to excellent credit score of 670 or higher.
Up to 1.67%
15.49% to 25.49%
Purchase APR (variable)
Intro balance transfer
for the first 12 billing cycles (then 15.49% to 25.49% variable)
Kevin Joey Chen is a credit cards, banking and investments writer whose work and analysis have appeared on CNN, U.S. News & World Report, Business.com, Lifehacker and CreditCards.com. He's passionate about helping you get your finances in order by expertly navigating cutting-edge financial tools — including credit cards, apps and budgeting software.
The Fifth Third Cash/Back Card is a straightforward unlimited cashback card from Fifth/Third Bank. It earns 1.67% back on all purchases with no cap, comes with a 12 month 0% intro APR, reverting to 15.49% to 25.49% variable, and no annual fee.
The card’s most attention-grabbing feature is the cashback rate. Most unlimited cashback cards clock in at around 1.5% cash back on all purchases. Fifth Third bumps that rate up by a tiny bit for a small, but noticeable increase to your earnings. Though the card still can’t stand up to some of the other top cashback performers on the market, such as the Citi Double Cash, this rate isn’t bad at all and made sweeter by the card’s intro APR.
All in all, the Fifth Third Cash/Back Card isn’t going to knock your socks off, but it doesn’t have to — its a solid choice if you’re looking to save money on existing debts and then use that same card to earn a higher than average cash back rate on all of your purchases.
How to apply for the Fifth Third Cash/Back Card
- Go to the Fifth Third Bank website and find the Fifth Third Cash/Back Card. Click Apply now.
- Fill out the form with your personal details.
- Review and submit your completed application.
What should I know before I apply?
To apply for this card, you must be at least 18 years old and a citizen or permanent resident of the US.
You’ll need to provide:
- Your full name and contact information.
- Your residential status.
- Your annual income and employment information.
- Your Social Security number.
- A valid driver’s license or state ID.
How long will it take to get my Fifth Third Cash/Back Card?
Due to automated preapproval, you’ll likely get a decision within a minute. In the event that more information is needed, Fifth Third Bank will send an answer within 30 days. Upon approval, you should receive your card in the mail within seven to 10 business days.
Where does Fifth Third Bank operate?
The bank operates across 10 states with more than 1,200 locations.
- North Carolina
- West Virginia
Fifth Third Cash/Back Card benefits
- Higher than average unlimited cash back. Earn 1.67% cash back on all purchases with no cap. This is higher than the average unlimited cashback card rate of 1.5%.
- Intro APR period on balance transfers. Enjoy a 0% intro APR period for the first 12 billing cycles following your account opening. After that, a variable APR of 15.49% to 25.49% applies. This is a decent balance transfer promotion, though it’s not the longest you’ll find.
- No annual fee. You’ll get all these perks without paying an annual fee.
- No foreign transaction fees. Use your card freely when you travel abroad and you won’t incur any fees. Other cards have a fee of up to 3% for each international transaction.
- No penalty APR. You won’t pay a penalty APR if you make late or returned payments. Other cards have penalty APRs of up to 30% variable that can apply once you make a single late or returned payment. What’s worse is that you could be stuck with it indefinitely.
- Cell phone protection. When you pay your cell phone bill with your card, you’ll qualify for Fifth Third Bank Cell Phone Protection. This covers costs up to $200 in case of theft or damage. Two additional phones on your cell phone bill are also covered. The Cell Phone Protection plan comes with a $50 deductible per claim.
- Digital wallets. Add your card to Fifth Third Masterpass, Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, Google Pay and Microsoft Wallet to pay faster.
- Mastercard® benefits. Receive special offers for events with Priceless® Cities and get an airport concierge to help you get through immigration quicker, assist you with baggage or get you transportation.
Fifth Third Cash/Back Card drawbacks
- No intro APR for purchases. A long intro APR period for purchases can be a fantastic deal. Unfortunately, the card doesn’t offer one.
- Potentially high APR. Without strong credit, you may be approved for a variable APR of up to 25.49%. Considering the average APR is around 16%, you might want to research other cards.
Fifth Third Cash/Back Card reviews and complaints
Users are generally happy with the card. Those who applied with a high credit score and low utilization are satisfied with the size of the credit line and the low APR they received.
The Better Business Bureau has accredited the Fifth Third Bank since 1928 and rates it with an A+.
How do I redeem my rewards points?
Log in to your Real Life Rewards® account and redeem your points for:
- Cash back. A direct deposit into your Fifth Third checking or savings account.
- Gift cards. Select from a range of restaurants and retailers.
- Merchandise. Shop from fashion and beauty products to electronics and sporting goods.
- Travel. Arrange flights, hotels or car rentals with the Fifth Third Bank self-booking tool.
- Loan and mortgage credit. Set up automatic redemption to help you pay off your loan or mortgage.
- Experiences. Redeem points for culinary, entertainment and sporting events.
Compare similar cashback credit cards
To see how the Fifth Third Cash/Back Card stacks up against other cashback cards, select up to 4 cards and click “Compare.”
With higher than average cashback rewards, a solid intro APR period on balance transfers and no annual fee, this card has quite a bit going for it. It stacks up well with its competitors and even overshadows some of them with the variety of rewards you can get.