Rewards for active or retired US military members and their family.
USAA hosts a wide array of credit cards that met the needs of military families. Any card in the USAA family comes with safety and security that you can rely on. These cards allow you to set text alerts or transactions, balance alerts and more.
If you’re affiliated with the military, USAA credit cards is here to support you and your family with your unique needs. If you’re looking to build your credit, check out the secured credit card. If you want to earn rewards points, you can earn up to 2X on select purchases. Use those points for yourself or donate to support the military charity of your choice. These are just a few of the benefits of USAA credit cards. With so many options, you’re sure to find a credit card that meets your needs.
Here are a few of the benefits of the USAA cards:
- Military benefits. Get additional benefits for members of the US Armed Services including rates and fees consideration, Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA) and military campaign benefits.
- Safety you can count on. You are liable for $0 of any unauthorized transactions made with your card. Text alerts can also be set up for changes made and more to keep you in the know about activity on your card.
- New ways to pay. Use Apple Pay when it’s time to pay to make your transactions faster and easier.
- Freedom to travel. If you travel abroad, you’ll won’t pay foreign transaction fees.
- Go mobile. With USAA you’re able to manage your account online or on your phone.
- Every dollar, every day. Choosing the USAA Rewards™ American Express® Card or USAA Rewards™ Visa Signature® means getting one point for every dollar you spend on your everyday purchases.
- Cash back. You can earn 1.5% on every purchase with the USAA Preferred Cash Rewards Visa Signature® through USAA or 2.5% on gas and grocery purchases with the USAA Cash Rewards® American Express®.
- Build credit. The USAA Classic American Express®, USAA Classic Platinum Visa®, USAA Secured Cards® American Express® Card, and USAA Secured Card® Platinum Visa® are four cards designed to help you establish or build credit.
- Low APRs. The USAA Rate Advantage Platinum Visa® is available with no annual fee and a low variable APR rate.
- Annual fee. Of the cards available only the USAA Classic American Express®, USAA Classic Platinum Visa®, USAA Secured Cards® American Express® Card, and USAA Secured Card® Platinum Visa® have annual fees, and even those are a low $35 per year.
What do I need to know before I apply?
In order to apply for the USAA credit cards, you must be a member of the military, a veteran who was honorably discharged or an eligible family member of military personnel. You also must be:
- A US citizen or permanent resident
- At least 18 years old
Always consider your options and your financial situation before you apply for a credit card.
Required documents & information
- Full name and address
- Marital status
- Contact information
- Proof of employment and income
Whether you’re looking to build your credit or earn rewards, USAA has a wide variety of cards. Choosing a credit card is a big financial decision, and it’s important to review all of your options before selecting one. Be sure to compare other credit cards before you make a final decision.Back to top