Rewards for active or retired U.S. military members and their family.
USAA hosts a wide array of credit cards that provide rewards for your everyday purchases. Cash back, rewards points, low rate offerings, credit building, and military affiliation cards are all available, each with their own unique set of perks to match your needs. Any card in the USAA family of reward credit cards will come with safety and security that you can rely on. These cards allow you to set text alerts or transactions, balance alerts, and more.
USAA Cashback Rewards Plus American Express®
USAA proudly serves millions of military members and their families with competitive rates on insurance, banking and investment services.
- Earn cash back on everyday purchases.
- Enjoy no foreign transaction fees when you travel outside of the United States.
- Concierge services to assist with whatever you need, whenever you need it.
- Collision damage waiver coverage pays for physical damage and theft to most rental vehicles.
Get Valuable rewards with USAA Credit Cards Review
Rewards points allow you to earn up to twice as many on select purchases, cash rewards that can be donated to support the military charity of your choosing, and the ability to build credit are just a few of the rewards you can get with USAA credit cards. Worldwide brands such as Visa and American Express make up these cards, each with a unique offering. With so many choices, it is simple for military members, veterans, and their family members to find a credit card that may fit their needs.
Benefits of the Valuable rewards with USAA Credit Cards
With these cards you will find a whole host of benefits, and below you can find just a few:
- Proudly serve. These cards give additional benefits for members of the U.S. Armed Services including rates and fees consideration, Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA), and military campaign benefits.
- Go mobile. By choosing one of these cards you’re choosing a host of services available at your fingertips, on the go. View account details, request a cash advance, order a replacement card, and more online or on your phone.
- Safety first. It’s no fun to be rewarded if it ends up getting taken away. With these cards you’ll pay $0 for unauthorized charges, can manage your account anywhere at anytime, and set up text alerts for charges made.
- New ways to pay. Apple Pay is available for all of these cards, meaning when it comes time to checkout you have more options at hand to get your purchase through faster.
- Freedom to travel. If you’re one to get outside the country, these cards will allow you to do so and make purchases without encountering any of those pesky foreign transaction fees outside of the U.S.
- Go mobile. With USAA you’re able to manage your account online or on your phone.
- Double points. Get 2X points per dollar on gas and grocery purchases with no caps when you choose the Rewards Points American Express with USAA.
- Every dollar, every day. Choosing the USAA Rewards™ American Express® Card or USAA Rewards™ Visa Signature® means getting one point for every dollar you spend on your everyday purchases.
- Cash back. You can earn 1.5% on every purchase with the USAA Preferred Cash Rewards Visa Signature® through USAA or 2.5% on gas and grocery purchases with the USAA Cash Rewards® American Express®.
- Foreign transaction fees. All of these cards come without any foreign transaction fees outside of the U.S.
- Penalty free. Any of the USAA Credit Cards you choose sport an APR that is penalty-free.
- Build credit. The USAA Classic American Express®, USAA Classic Platinum Visa®, USAA Secured Cards® American Express® Card, and USAA Secured Card® Platinum Visa® are four cards designed to help you establish or build credit back up.
- Military benefits. Members of the U.S. Armed Services receive special benefits, including lower rates, special 4% APR during active duty and one year after, and a 100% rebate of finance charges while deployed or during a PCS.
- Safety you can count on. You are liable for $0 of any unauthorized transactions made with your card. Text alerts can also be set up for changes made and more to keep you in the know about activity on your card.
- Low APR rate. The USAA Rate Advantage Platinum Visa® is available with no annual fee and a low variable APR rate.
- Annual fee. Of the cards available only the USAA Classic American Express®, USAA Classic Platinum Visa®, USAA Secured Cards® American Express® Card, and USAA Secured Card® Platinum Visa® have annual fees, and even those are a low $35 per year.
How to apply for Valuable rewards with USAA Credit Cards
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be a military member, veteran who has honorably served, or an eligible family member.
- Have a valid social security number
- Full name
- Street address
- Email address and phone number
- Social security number
Whether you are looking to build credit or just give back a little, USAA has a wide variety of cards to reward you for spending. Choosing a credit card is a big financial decision, and it’s important to review all of your options before selecting one. Be sure to check out credit cards similar to these before taking the next step and applying.Back to top
Frequently asked questions
How do I find out which USAA card has what I need?
External review sites such as finder.com exist to help outline the benefits of each card. We encourage that you analyse the list above to see which card is best for you.
How do I download my monthly statement?
Your monthly billing statement is available trough the USAA website and through the mobile app.
How is interest calculated for my USAA credit card?
The interest on your purchases, cash advances, and balance transfers is calculated using the Daily Periodic Rate and the number of days in the billing cycle. These are multiplied together and then multiplied by the average of your daily balances. You can avoid paying interest by paying off the entire amount owed before the end of a billing cycle.
Are there fees associated with my USAA credit card?
Yes. Depending on the card there are annual, balance transfer, late payment fee and cash advance fees. There are also certain cards that charge a foreign currency conversion fee. Have this in mind before you take a decision.
What types of rewards do USAA cards offer?
Several types of rewards are offered, depending on the card.
- Price protection
- Extended warranties on products you purchase
- Cash back on groceries and gas and on most purchases
- Car rental insurance
- Travel benefits
- Identity theft protection
How can I increase my USAA card credit limit?
Credit limit increases may be available to you as your credit score increases. To successfully apply for an increase, it is suggested that you first develop a history of paying bills in a timely fashion and for more than the minimum amount required.
How do I report a lost or stolen USAA card?
It is important to contact USAA as soon as you realize you’ve lost a card or had it stolen. You can call 210-531-8722 or 800-531-8722.
Make sure to have pertinent card information available when you call including your card number and account number.
Can my APR change?
The APR for purchases, balance transfers, cash advances, and penalty APRs will all vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.
How can I earn rewards with my USAA card?
Rewards are earned through spending. Depending on the card you have and the terms of the reward program, you may earn different rewards.
How do I cancel my USAA account?
Most cards can be cancelled by calling the phone number listed on the back. In the event that you don’t have the number available, you can call 210-531-8722 or 800-531-8722.