Disclaimer: We value our editorial independence, basing our comparison results, content and reviews on objective analysis without bias. But we may receive compensation when you click links on our site. Learn more about how we make money from our partners.
Best credit card for restaurants
Earn rewards on dining and get additional perks.
Consider a credit card with restaurant rewards if you spend a lot of money on dining. In addition to getting rewards for dining purchases, you may get perks such as an intro APR period, travel credit, a generous signup bonus and more.
Best credit cards for restaurants
Best restaurant credit cards
Best restaurant credit card with no annual fee: Uber Visa Card
- Cash back. Earn 4% cash back on dining, including restaurants, bars, takeouts and UBER Eats; 3% back on hotels, vacation home rentals and airfare; 2% back on Uber and online purchases, such as shopping and streaming services; and 1% back on everything else you buy.
- Signup bonus. Earn $100 once you spend $500 in the first 90 days.
- Streaming credit. Spend $5,000 in a calendar year to earn up to $50 credit for online streaming services.
Best restaurant credit card for balance transfers: Capital One® SavorOne℠ Cash Rewards Credit Card
- Intro APR period. Enjoy a 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for the first 15 months. After that, a variable APR of 16.24% to 26.24% applies.
- Cash back. Earn 3% back on dining and entertainment, 2% back at grocery stores and 1% back on everything else.
- Signup bonus. Spend $500 during your first 3 months to earn $150.
Best restaurant credit card for travel within the US: Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card
- Reward points. Earn 3x points on eating out or ordering in; on fuel, rideshares and transit; on flights, hotels, homestays and car rentals; and on popular streaming services. Everything else earns you 1x points.
- Signup bonus. Spend $3,000 within your first 3 months to earn 30,000 bonus points.
- Intro APR period. Enjoy a 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for the first 12 months. After that, your rate reverts to a variable 16.24% to 28.24%.
Best restaurant credit card for international travel: Citi Prestige® Credit Card
- ThankYou points. Earn 5x points on air travel and restaurants, 5x points on hotels and cruise lines and 1x points on all other purchases you make.
- Signup bonus. Earn 50,000 ThankYou points once you spend $4,000 in the first 3 months.
- Travel credit. You’ll get $250 in travel credit every calendar year.
How we picked our best cards
We compared all credit cards that earn rewards on dining purchases. And then we chose the best according to the rewards rate on dining and the additional perks they offered, such as no annual fee, intro APR period and other reward categories.
How to compare restaurant credit cards
When looking for the best restaurant credit card, consider:
- Do you want a no-annual-fee card? The Uber Visa Card, the Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card or the Capital One® SavorOne℠ Cash Rewards Credit Card will let you earn rewards on your restaurant purchases without paying an annual fee.
- Do you want to make balance transfers? The Capital One® SavorOne℠ Cash Rewards Credit Card and the Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card offer an intro APR period on balance transfers. If you’re looking to save money on interest, both of these cards can be worth considering.
- Do you travel often? The Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card and the Citi Prestige® Credit Card can both be an excellent choice for traveling. You won’t pay any foreign transaction fees if you travel abroad, but keep in mind that Amex cards aren’t as popular abroad as Mastercard or Visa.
Restaurant credit cards can help you earn rewards on your dining purchases. But the best of these cards will offer additional perks such as an intro APR period, a solid signup bonus, no annual fee and more.
However, if you’re not sure whether these cards are what you’re looking for, check out other rewards credit cards and compare your options.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert