Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi vs Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express
Get accelerated cashback rewards on select categories.
The Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi comes with a $0 annual fee and accelerated cash back at gas stations, restaurants, on travel and at Costco. The Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express comes with a $95 annual fee and one of the highest cashback rates on US streaming services, at US supermarkets, and on transit and US gas stations. You’ll also earn a solid welcome offer, unlike with the Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi, which has no welcome offer.
Compare all other perks in the table below.
Summary of card features
Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi
- You won't pay an annual fee to own the card.
- Earn 4% cash back on gas for the first $7,000 spent annually, 1% after that. Earn 3% cash back on restaurants and travel, 2% cash back on purchases from Costco and Costco.com. Earn 1% cash back on everything else.
- Use your Costco credit card to enter Costco.
Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express
- Earn cash back. Earn 6% cash back at US supermarkets on up to $6,000 per year. After that, you'll earn 1% back. You'll also earn 6% on select US streaming services and 3% on transit purchases. At US gas stations you'll earn 3% back. For everything else you buy, you'll get 1% back.
- Welcome offer. Get $250 in statement credit after spending $1,000 on purchases in the first three months of card membership.
- Intro APR period. Enjoy a 0% intro APR period on purchases for the first 12 months of account opening. After that, a variable APR of 13.99% to 23.99% applies.
Compare credit cards
Ask an Expert