Citizens Bank Cash Back Plus® World Mastercard® review
Earn a generous cashback rate on all purchases.
- Get this card if you want to earn cash back on everything you buy.
- Pick something else if you want to earn accelerated cash back on select categories.
- Apply with a good to an excellent credit score of 670 or higher.
Up to 1.8%
15.99%, 19.99%, or 23.99%
Purchase APR (variable)
Intro balance transfer
for the first 15 billing cycles (then 15.99%, 19.99%, or 23.99% variable)
Kliment Dukovski is a credit cards and investments writer. He's written over 600 articles to help readers find and compare the best credit cards. Kliment has also written on money transfers, home loans and more. Previously, he ghostwrote guides and articles on foreign exchange, stock market trading and cryptocurrencies.
The Citizens Bank Cash Back Plus® World Mastercard® can be an excellent cashback credit card if you don’t spend much on a particular category of purchases. Its cashback rate beats most similar cards and as a bonus, you get a long intro APR period on balance transfers.
However, don’t expect to earn a signup bonus of any kind.
How to apply for Citizens Bank Cash Back Plus® World Mastercard®
To apply for the card, you must be a US resident and at least 18 years old. Here’s how to apply:
- Visit the Citizens Bank website, locate the card under For You and then Banking & Credit Cards.
- Click Get started.
- Fill out the application form using your contact and residential information, your Social Security number and date of birth, your employment information and annual income and your monthly housing payment.
- Request a balance transfer or add an authorized user if you want to.
- Review the application form and submit.
Arm yourself with patience. Unlike other card providers where you can get an instant decision on your card application, here you could wait up to 10 business days to get an approval. If Citizens Bank needs additional information, it may take up to 30 days.
What credit score do I need?
It’s best to apply with a good to an excellent credit score of 670 or higher.
- Cash back.
Earn unlimited 1.8% cash back on everything you buy. This is a solid rewards rate considering most similar credit cards offer a 1.5% cashback rate.
- Intro APR period.
Use your first 15 billing cycles to make 0% intro APR balance transfers. Once the intro period expires, your rate reverts to variable 15.99%, 19.99%, or 23.99%.
- No foreign transaction fees.
Incur no fees when you use your card abroad or when you use it to make online purchases with foreign merchants.
- No annual fee.
Earn cash back and save money on interest without paying an annual fee.
What to watch out for
- No signup bonus.
Don’t expect to earn a signup bonus of any kind using this card. Compare best credit card offers if that’s what you’re looking for.
Compare cashback credit cards
Consider this card if you want to earn a generous cashback rate on all purchases. In addition, you get one of the longest intro APR periods on balance transfers and purchases. But you won’t earn any signup bonuses.
If you think there could be a better option for you, compare credit cards until you find the right card for your needs.