Charity Charge Nonprofit Business Mastercard® review
Earn 1% cash back on purchases and donate the rewards to a charity of your choice.
- Get this card if you want a hassle-free way of donating your credit card rewards.
- Pick something else if you want to earn a higher cashback reward.
- Apply with good to excellent credit for best chances of approval.
1% cash back automatically donated to any nonprofit
Minimum Credit Score
Kliment Dukovski is a credit cards and investments writer. He's written over 600 articles to help readers find and compare the best credit cards. Kliment has also written on money transfers, home loans and more. Previously, he ghostwrote guides and articles on foreign exchange, stock market trading and cryptocurrencies.
The Charity Charge Nonprofit Business Mastercard® — issued by Commerce Bank — lets you earn 1% cash back on every purchase you make. The rewards are then automatically donated to a nonprofit of your choice. On the donation dashboard, you can easily see your donations and access itemized receipts to simplify your taxes.
Aside from that, the rest of the card is subpar. For example, you don’t get to earn any bonus when you sign up, there’s no 0% intro APR period on purchases or balance transfers, and the 1% cash back is low compared to other cashback cards where you can earn up to 5% back on select categories.
Overall, if you want to do good without the hassle of tracking rewards, the Charity Charge Nonprofit Business Mastercard® is a decent choice. But if you’re looking to maximize rewards — and donate half of it or all — other cards may be the more prudent option.
How to apply for the Charity Charge Nonprofit Business Mastercard®
All you need to do to apply for the card is:
- Select Apply now.
- Fill out the application form.
- Review the form and submit.
What credit score do I need?
Increase your chances of approval with a good to excellent credit score of 670 or higher.
Charity Charity Charge Nonprofit Business Mastercard® benefits
- Cashback donations. Earn 1% cash back on all purchases. Rewards are automatically donated to a charity of your choice. You can choose any nonprofit organization, K-12 school or religious organization.
- Itemized tax receipt. Your donations are organized into an itemized receipt to simplify your taxes. You can access it through your donation dashboard.
- No annual fee. You won’t pay an annual fee for the card and for employee cards.
What to watch out for
- Low cashback rate. The card earns 1% back, which is low compared to other business cards where you can earn up to 5% back on select categories and then donate your earnings to whatever charity you want.
- Foreign transaction fees. There’s a 1% fee for US dollars and 2% fee for foreign currency when you make a transaction abroad or online with foreign merchants.
- No welcome offer. You won’t get to earn a welcome offer when you sign up. With other business cards, you could earn more than $1,000 in value.
Compare business credit cards
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
With an unlimited 1% cash back on all purchases sent automatically to charities, the Charity Charge Nonprofit Business Mastercard® is a decent option for companies that want to do good. But if you want to earn a higher cash back rate and then donate half or all of your rewards, other business cashback cards may be the better option.