Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express vs Chase Freedom Unlimited®
Earn accelerated cash back on select categories or earn flat cashback rate on all purchases.
Summary of card features
Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express
- Intro APR period on purchases. You'll get a 0% intro APR period on purchases for the first 15 months from account opening. After that, your rate reverts to 13.99% to 23.99% variable.
- Earn cash back. Earn 3% cash back on up to $6,000 per year, then 1% after that. You also get to earn 2% cash back at US gas stations and department stores, and 1% cash back on everything else you buy.
- Welcome offer. Get $100 bonus after you spend $1,000 on purchases in the first 6 months following your account opening. You'll also earn 20% back at Amazon.com up to $200 back in the same timeframe.
Chase Freedom Unlimited®
- Earn 5% on travel purchased through Chase, 3% on dining at restaurants and drugstores, and an impressive 1.5% on all other purchases.
- Get a signup bonus of $200 after you spend $500 within your first 3 months of account opening.
- You'll also earn 5% cash back at grocery stores on up to $12,000 in the first year (then 1.5%).
- Don't pay an annual fee.
Compare credit cards
More guides on Finder
OakStone Gold Secured Mastercard® review
Build credit with this secured credit card.
Merrick Bank Double Your Line® Secured Visa® Credit Card review
Build your credit with this secured credit card.
What is trip cancellation insurance and how do I get it?
A safety net for interrupted or canceled trips.
Grand Reserve™ World Mastercard® review
Earn accelerated rewards at wineries and enjoy special benefits.
Applied Bank® Unsecured Classic Visa® Card review
Build your credit with this unsecured credit card.
Which credit cards have gotten better during COVID-19?
Earn more rewards on select categories or get an extension of some travel perks.
Chase credit cards with no foreign transaction fee
Find out which Chase credit cards have no foreign transaction fee.
United® Credit Card from First Hawaiian Bank review
A select few have access to this United card.
FordPass™ Rewards Visa® Review
A decent rewards card for Ford fans.
Karat Black Card Review
A card for influencers who can’t find the right traditional card.
Ask an Expert