Earn more rewards on rideshares or get monthly ride credits.
With Uber and Lyft gaining in popularity, some credit cards now offer rideshares and limousines as an accelerated rewards category. Depending on the card, you can earn high cash back on rideshares, redeem your points for Uber credits or receive up to $200 annually in Uber credits.
Our pick for use with Uber and Lyft
The Platinum Card® from American ExpressRead more
Compare Best cards for Uber or Lyft
Jump to …
- Best credit card for Uber credits: The Platinum Card® from American Express
- Best rideshares credit card with no annual fee: Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card
- Best Uber credit card for dining: Uber Visa Card
- Best for earning accelerated rewards on rideshares: U.S. Bank Cash+™ Visa Signature® Card
Best credit cards for Uber and Lyft
Best credit card for Uber credits: The Platinum Card® from American Express
Best rideshares credit card with no annual fee: Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card
Best Uber credit card for dining: Uber Visa Card
Best for earning accelerated rewards on rideshares: U.S. Bank Cash+™ Visa Signature® Card
What you need to know about the Capital One Uber partnership.
Starting from 2015, Capital One credit card users enjoyed special benefits and discounts on their Uber rides. But in April 2017, this promotional offer ended. Today if you use your Capital One credit card to pay for Uber rides, you won’t get any exclusive extras.
You can earn 5% back on Uber rides with an Amazon credit cardWith the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card credit card, you can purchase Uber gift cards on Amazon and earn 5% back on your purchases.
How to compare credit cards for Uber and Lyft
When choosing a card with perks and features for your Uber or Lyft purchases, look for:
- Accelerated rewards on rideshares. If you’re looking to earn points or cash back on your Uber or Lyft purchases, look for a card that has rideshares as an accelerated rewards category. Rideshares are sometimes hidden under travel or ground transportation categories. If you can’t find such category, look for limousines.
- Uber credits. Only the Platinum Card® from American Express offers Uber credits, a total value of $200 annually.
If you frequently use Uber and Lyft, getting a credit card with accelerated rewards on rideshares could be a great choice. Your options include several credit cards that offer points for rideshares and one ultimate travel card with annual Uber credits and Uber gift card redemption options.
Ebates Cash Back Visa® Credit Card review