We value our editorial independence, basing our comparison results, content and reviews on objective analysis without bias. But we may receive compensation when you click links on our site. Learn more about how we make money from our partners.
Best credit cards for Uber and Lyft
Earn rewards on Uber and Lyft rides or get monthly ride credits.
With Uber and Lyft gaining in popularity, some credit cards now offer rideshares and limousines as an accelerated rewards category. Depending on the card, you can earn strong cash back, redeem your points for Uber credits or receive up to $200 annually toward rides with Uber.
Best credit cards for Uber and Lyft
There’s only one cobranded Uber credit card, but you can get Uber and Lyft benefits with other credit cards. If you frequently use these ridesharing services, consider the options listed below.
Jump to …
- Best credit card for Uber: The Platinum Card® from American Express
- Best Uber or Lyft credit card for families: Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express
- Best no-annual-fee credit card for Uber and Lyft: Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card
- Best credit card for Uber Eats: Uber Visa Card
- Best for earning accelerated rewards on Uber and Lyft: U.S. Bank Cash+™ Visa Signature® Card
Best credit card for Uber: The Platinum Card® from American Express
Best credit card for Lyft: Chase Sapphire Reserve®
Best Uber or Lyft credit card for families: Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express
Best no-annual-fee credit card for Uber and Lyft: Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card
Best credit card for Uber Eats: Uber Visa Card
Best for earning accelerated rewards on Uber and Lyft: U.S. Bank Cash+™ Visa Signature® Card
How we selected our top cards
We looked at a few factors when selecting our top picks, including the presence of Uber or Lyft specific programs, the points earned per dollar spent on ridesharing, statement credits or other bonuses available for rideshares, welcome offer values and other reward earning possibilities a consumer might look at when choosing a rideshare rewards card. The cards we chose stood out among the competition in one or several of these areas, earning a spot on our list.
What’s changed in 2020
Now, your Amex Uber credits aren’t applied automatically — they’re directed to your Uber Cash balance. To use them, select Uber Cash as your payment option for each ride.
Keep an eye out for U.S. Bank’s announcements on cashback categories, which might change quarterly.
What you need to know about the Capital One Uber partnership
In 2015, Capital One introduced to cardholders special benefits and discounts on their Uber rides. But in April 2017, it ended this promotional offer. Today, if you use your Capital One credit card to pay for Uber rides, you won’t earn exclusive extras.
Earn 5% back on Uber rides with an Amazon credit card
With the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card credit card, you can purchase Uber gift cards on Amazon and earn 5% back on your purchases.
Earn 3% cash back on Uber and Lyft
Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express
Compare best cards for Uber or Lyft
How to compare credit cards for Uber and Lyft
When choosing a card with perks and features for your Uber or Lyft purchases, look for:
- Accelerated rewards on rideshares. To earn points or cash back on your Uber or Lyft purchases, look for a card that includes rideshares as an accelerated rewards category. Rideshares are sometimes hidden under travel or ground transportation categories. If you can’t find such a category, look for limousines. Note that while taxis do accept credit cards, they don’t necessarily count as rideshares.
- Uber credits. Only The Platinum Card® from American Express offers Uber credits — a total $200 annually.
- Other rewards. Consider cards with perks in addition to points on Uber and Lyft. There are several cards that offer top-of-the-market rewards for millennials.
If you frequently hail Uber and Lyft, a credit card with accelerated rewards on rideshares can help you earn cash and perks on your rides. Your options include several credit cards that offer points for rideshares and one ultimate travel card with annual Uber credits and Uber gift card redemption options.
However, if you find that none of these cards are appealing enough to your financial situation, check out other credit cards and compare your options.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert