Earn more rewards on rideshares or get monthly ride credits.
With Uber and Lyft gaining in popularity, some credit cards now offer rideshares and limousines as an accelerated rewards category. Depending on the card, you can earn strong cash back, redeem your points for Uber credits or receive up to $200 annually toward rides with Uber.
Our pick for use with Uber and Lyft
The Platinum Card® from American ExpressRead more
Compare best cards for Uber or Lyft
Jump to …
- Best credit card for Uber credits: The Platinum Card® from American Express
- Best rideshares credit card with no annual fee: Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card
- Best Uber credit card for dining: Uber Visa Card
- Best for earning accelerated rewards on rideshares: U.S. Bank Cash+™ Visa Signature® Card
Best credit cards for Uber and Lyft
We looked at a few factors among eligible cards when selecting our top picks, including the presence of Uber or Lyft specific programs, the points earned per dollar spent on ridesharing, statement credits or other bonuses available for rideshares, welcome offer values and other reward earning possibilities a consumer might look at when choosing a rideshare rewards card. The cards we chose stood out among the competition in one or several of these areas, earning recognition on our list.
Best credit card for Uber credits: The Platinum Card® from American Express
Best rideshares credit card with no annual fee: Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card
Best Uber credit card for dining: Uber Visa Card
Best for earning accelerated rewards on rideshares: U.S. Bank Cash+™ Visa Signature® Card
What you need to know about the Capital One Uber partnership.
In 2015, Capital One introduced to cardholders special benefits and discounts on their Uber rides. But in April 2017, it ended this promotional offer. Today, if you use your Capital One credit card to pay for Uber rides, you won’t earn exclusive extras.
Earn 5% back on Uber rides with an Amazon credit cardWith the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card credit card, you can purchase Uber gift cards on Amazon and earn 5% back on your purchases.
How to compare credit cards for Uber and Lyft
When choosing a card with perks and features for your Uber or Lyft purchases, look for:
- Accelerated rewards on rideshares. To earn points or cash back on your Uber or Lyft purchases, look for a card that includes rideshares as an accelerated rewards category. Rideshares are sometimes hidden under travel or ground transportation categories. If you can’t find such a category, look for limousines.
- Uber credits. Only the Platinum Card® from American Express offers Uber credits — a total $200 annually.
If you frequently hail Uber and Lyft, a credit card with accelerated rewards on rideshares can help you earn cash and perks on your rides. Your options include several credit cards that offer points for rideshares and one ultimate travel card with annual Uber credits and Uber gift card redemption options.