With the right card, you’ll easily earn travel rewards, gift cards, cash back and more.
Most business rewards credit cards let you redeem your points for similar products and services. But the main difference between them is how you earn your points and their redemption value. Some credit cards are great for those who spend heavily on office supply purchases, while others are ideal for travel bookings — with some focused on specific airlines or hotels. And even branded cards often let you redeem your points for gift cards and merchandise.
Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card
Compare business credit cards
Best business rewards credit cards
Jump to …
- Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card: Best business card for travel
- Business Platinum Card® from American Express: Best business card for luxurious travel
- SimplyCash® Plus Business Credit Card: Best business card for office supply purchases
- Gold Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card: Best business card for airline rewards
- Marriott Rewards® Premier Business credit card: Best business card for hotel rewards
Best business card for travel: Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card
Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit CardRead more
Small businesses that spend on travel, shipping, advertising and communications purchases up to $150,000 per year would likely find this card useful. Points can be redeemed for a variety of rewards, but the highest value comes by using them for travel purchases through the Chase Ultimate Rewards program — where you get 25% more redemption value.
The Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card lets you earn more points with free employee cards and by combining your points with other Chase credit cards that have the Ultimate Rewards program. A good addition to this card is the no-annual-fee Ink Business Unlimited℠ Credit Card from Chase, where you get unlimited 1.5x points on all purchases. By using the Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card for categories that earn 3x points and the Ink Business Unlimited℠ Credit Card for everything else, you can maximize your point earnings.
Best business card for luxurious travel: Business Platinum Card® from American Express
Business owners who want to enjoy luxury and comfort while traveling could benefit from this card. You get to earn an increased number of points on travel purchases through Amex travel and up to 5% back in redemption value. You also get complimentary access to more lounges worldwide — a feature that can save you up to $708 if you visit one lounge per month.
Furthermore, you get complimentary benefits at Starwood, Hilton and American Express Fine hotels, as well as concierge service, travel insurance and more.
Best business credit card for office supply purchases: SimplyCash® Plus Business Credit Card
Businesses that spend up to $50,000 per year on office supplies or any of the eight categories that you can choose from will find this card useful. You also get a long intro APR period on balance transfers and purchases, and you can buy above your credit limit — a feature that not many cards have.
Best business card for airline rewards: Gold Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card
Business owners who frequently travel with Delta Air Lines will find this card to be more than rewarding. You’ll get an easy-to-earn welcome offer and you’ll earn the same amount of Delta miles as the more expensive Delta cards. In addition, you’ll get several flight-related benefits.
Best business card for hotel rewards: Marriott Rewards® Premier Business credit card
If you’re looking for a decent hotel card with reward points — redeemable at more than 6,500 properties — then this could be the card for your business. The great thing is: You earn and can redeem points not just at Marriott hotels, but at Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) hotels, The Ritz-Carlton and more.
How to compare business rewards credit cards
Our top picks for business rewards credit cards come in many forms, each with a different value for your business. To make the right choice, consider the following:
- Does your business spend a lot of money on travel? If it does, then the Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card from Chase could be a good choice. But if you want the ultimate travel experience, the Business Platinum Card® from American Express would likely be the better choice.
- Does your business spend a lot on office supplies? In that case, the SimplyCash® Plus Business Credit Card can help you, offering increased cash back on office supplies and another category of your choice for up to $50,000 in purchases each year.
- Do you often fly on a single airline? The Gold Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card can save you a lot of money if you do. You’ll score free first checked bags, discounted Delta SkyClub access and free priority boarding. You’ll also earn miles that you can redeem for Delta and partner flights, seat upgrades, gift cards and more.
- Do you often stay at hotels? The Marriott Rewards® Premier Business credit card could be a great choice if you do. You’ll earn and redeem points for stays at more than 6,500 properties of Marriott, SPG, The Ritz-Carlton and other hotels.
The highest value you can get with most business rewards cards usually requires using them for travel purchases. Even the cards that earn cash back usually have higher value if you redeem your earnings for travel instead of cash. But that shouldn’t prevent you from using your points and miles for other types of rewards if you want to. You can still redeem your hotel points and airline miles for gift cards, cash back, shopping and more.