A no-annual-fee rewards card that offers double points on AT&T purchases and online retail and travel purchases.
The AT&T Access Card from Citi has no annual fee, and is catered to AT&T customers and big online shoppers. This AT&T card acts as a way to earn rewards, and is known for helping cardholders earn ThankYou points that can be redeemed for gift cards, travel rewards, electronics and more. The card also includes a number of purchase, travel and security benefits.
|Product Name||AT&T Access Card from Citi|
|APR (Annual Percentage Rate) for Purchases||15.74% to 24.74% variable|
|Balance Transfer Fee||$5 or 3% of the transaction, whichever is greater|
|Cash Advance Rate||26.99% variable|
|Cash Advance Fee||$10 or 5% of the cash advance amount, whichever is greater|
|Foreign Transaction Fee||3% of the transaction value|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 23 days|
|Late Payment Fee||$35|
|Returned Payment Fee||$35|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Welcome Bonus||Earn 10,000 points after spending $1,000 in the first 3 months|
|Reward Value per Dollar||2 points|
|Rewards Points Expiry||Never|
All of Citi’s cards offer a diverse range of perks and benefits. Each credit card is unique in meeting your needs, and has a number of features. With the AT&T Access Card from Citi, you can earn ThankYou points and rewards with every dollar you spend. It is important to weigh the APR and annual fee of any card you’re considering against the card’s rewards. Make sure the benefits outweigh the costs. Fortunately, this card does not have an annual fee, and the APR is in line with most rewards cards.
The biggest selling point for the AT&T Access Card from Citi is the easy way to earn points. You can earn 10,000 bonus ThankYou points after you spend $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of the account opening. Plus receive 2x points on purchases made online at retail and travel websites, as well as 1 point for every dollar you spend.
- APR. For purchases, you will have an APR of 15.74% to 24.74% variable , depending on your creditworthiness.
- Transaction fees. The balance transfer APR also ranges from 15.74% to 24.74% variable . Cash advances carry a higher APR of 26.99%. All APR rates vary with the market, and are based on the Prime Rate. Foreign purchase transactions will incur a fee that is 3% of each purchase transaction.
- Penalty APR. If you make a late payment or one of your payments is returned, a penalty APR of up to 29.99% will be applied to your account, which may be indefinite.
- Credit limit. Your credit limit will be determined by your income and any debts. Some credit limits may be as low as $500.
- Balance transfer limit. Though you can transfer any amount, the total amount of your balance transfers and balance transfer fees must be lower than than your available credit limit amount.
- Minimum interest charge. You can expect a minimum interest charge of at least $0.5.
Compare other Citi credit cards
How to apply for the AT&T Access Card from Citi
You can apply online at Citigroup’s website.
Applying for this card is easy, and requires applicants to meet the following eligibility requirements:
- At least 18 years old
- A U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Offer is for new accounts only
Application requirements checklist:
The following information and documentation is required:
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Date of birth
- Social Security number
- Security word for your account
- Financial information
- AT&T information
- Authorized user information
- Electronic disclosure agreement
Fees & payments
With the AT&T Access Card from Citi, there is no annual fee.
Balance transfer fees are either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer (whichever is greater). Cash advances will set you back either $10 or 5% of the cash advance amount, whichever is greater . For late and returned payments, you will receive a fee of up to $35.
- Rewards. For purchases made online at retail and travel websites, you will earn 2 points for every $1 you spend. You can also earn 2 points for every $1 you spend on products and services purchased directly from AT&T. For all other purchases, like at the gas station or grocery store, you will earn 1 point per $1 spent. Your ThankYou points can be redeemed online or by phone to get gift cards, travel rewards, electronics, etc.
- Travel protection. The card includes many travel protections, including Worldwide Travel Accident Insurance in case a tragic accident occurs. As well as Worldwide Car Rental Insurance, which covers your rental car from theft or damage. And Trip Cancellation and Interruption Protection: If your trip plans go awry, Trip Cancellation and Interruption Protection can possibly reimburse you for non-refundable trip expenses, like change fees, provided you paid for the trip with your Citi card.
- Purchase protection. As a cardholder, your purchases are protected, and you are never liable for unauthorized purchases. The AT&T Access Card from Citi extends the manufacturer’s warranty on your purchases made with the card. Additionally, the card includes Damage and Theft Purchase Protection. If items you purchased with your card are damaged or stolen within 120 days (90 days for New York residents), this feature may cover a repair or refund for the items.
- Not especially a standout. Though this card has many positive attributes, it does not especially stand out in any one way. Customers often classify this as an average card that can act as a bonus for AT&T customers. For those who are not AT&T customers, it may not be as beneficial as another rewards card would be. It is best and most useful for someone who doesn’t just shop a lot during certain months, but instead is a big online shopper throughout the year.
- Unclear cash redemption option. The card does not advertise that points can be redeemed for cash. However, if you are looking to redeem points on gift cards, travel rewards, etc, it could be what you are looking for.
AT&T customers who are searching for a card with no annual fee, a straightforward rewards structure and added protections like Worldwide Travel Accident Insurance and extended warranty are likely going to be pleased to have this piece of plastic in their pocket.
However, if you’re looking for other perks in a card or are interested to see if there’s a better rewards credit card suited toward your spending, you should hold off on any applications until you’re on credit cloud nine.