ARCO Business Solutions Mastercard review
There are no out-of-network fees, but you won’t earn rebates.
- Get this card if you want a card you can use at ARCO and other stations
- Pick something else if you want volume rebates.
- Apply with a fair credit score of 580 or higher.
How to apply for the ARCO Business Solutions Mastercard
- Select Apply now.
- Complete the form with information such as your business contact details, number of vehicles and business annual income.
- Review your application and submit it.
What credit score do I need?
You may qualify for this card with at least a fair credit score of 580. But approval is never guaranteed, and you typically have better odds with a higher credit score.
ARCO Business Solutions Mastercard benefits
- Use at any fuel location that accepts Mastercard. This is an open-loop, Mastercard-branded product, which means you’re not limited to ARCO stations.
- Card controls. Set spending limits, such as by gallons purchased. Also, control which purchases are made, such as with fuel-only restrictions.You can use the ARCO Business Solutions Mastercard for maintenance purchases.
- Card management. Through your online account, you can add and remove driver IDs. Also, you can view transaction reports, including exception reporting.
- Security. You can set cards to require driver ID prompts and odometer readings before purchasing fuel. Set PIN codes for individual cards. And if cards are lost or stolen, you can deactivate them right away.
ARCO Business Solutions Mastercard drawbacks
- Your account may be revolving or non-revolving.
When you open your account, FLEETCOR will decide whether your credit is revolving or non-revolving.
If you have a revolving account, you can carry a balance between billing cycles as long as you make at least the minimum payment. If you have a non-revolving account, you must pay off your entire balance each billing cycle.
- Late fees.
- Revolving accounts:
If you don’t make at least the minimum payment before the due date, you’ll pay a late fee of $75 or 5% of the new balance, whichever is greater. If applicable, you’ll pay the maximum amount allowed under law. If your account is high-risk, you’ll pay $75 or 9.99% of the new balance, whichever is greater, or the maximum amount allowed under law.
- Non-revolving accounts:
If you don’t pay the entire balance by the due date, you’ll incur a late fee of $75 or 7.25% of the new balance, whichever is greater, or the maximum amount allowed under law. If your account is high-risk, you’ll pay $75 or 12.25% of the new balance, whichever is greater, or the maximum amount allowed under law.
- Additional fee for high-risk accounts. If your account is high-risk, FLEETCOR may charge an additional fee of 2% of your account’s spend limit per billing cycle.
- Other fees. Any charges you incur with a non-revolving account may be subject to an additional 1% to 2% fee.Below, you’ll find other fees you may encounter while using the card.
|Fee||Purpose/When it applies||Amount|
|Program fees||Membership, tax processing, enhanced reporting or other benefits.||Subject to FLEETCOR’s discretion.|
|Check-by-phone fee||Making a payment by calling a customer service rep.||Up to $15.|
|EFT setup||If FLEETCOR offers an EFT payment option and you want to use it.||Up to $50 (one time).|
|EFT bank handling fee||When FLEETCOR debits your bank account via EFT.||Up to $5 per debit.|
|Non-standard payment fee||Paying via ACH or wire.||Up to $50 per payment.|
|Card fee for paper statements||Receiving paper statements through US mail.||$1.50 per activated card per month (maximum of $15 per month per account).|
|Card fee for electronic statements||Receiving electronic statements through email.||$1 per activated card per month (maximum of $15 per month per account).|
|Returned payment fee||If your bank doesn’t honor a payment.||Up to $50.|
|Research request fee||If you request copies of checks, billing statements, memoranda of transactions or sales slips for purposes other than investigating billing errors.||$5 per copy.|
|High-risk credit fee||If your account is deemed high-risk.||Up to 2% of your account’s spend limit per billing cycle.|
- Interest for revolving accounts.
If you carry a balance on your card, it’ll accrue interest at an Index prime rate plus 14.99% to 23.99%, making this a variable rate. Based on the current prime Index, your interest rate will be 18.24% to 27.24% variable.
The minimum finance charge is $2.
When is my account considered high-risk?
You may be subject to higher fees if FLEETCOR designates your account as high-risk. FLEETCOR may designate your account as high-risk if:
- Your commercial credit score is below 530.
- Your personal credit score is below 670.
- Your credit score drops 51 or more points within a three-month period.
- Your account receives more than one late fee within a 12-month period.
- Your account is more than 30 days late within a 12-month rolling period.
- You make a payment that isn’t honored by your bank.
What does FLEETCOR define as the Index?
The Index is the highest prime rate published in the Wall Street Journal’s “Money Rates” section in the 90 calendar days right before the first day of each billing period.
Compare other business cards for gas rewards
This card doesn’t offer rebates at this time, and its fees can be steep — especially if your account is high-risk. However, it might be useful if your drivers often fill up at ARCO. And because it’s a Mastercard, you can use it at other stations too.
If you’re not sure a fleet card is right for you, consider a small-business gas card.
Kevin Joey Chen is a credit cards, banking and investments writer whose work and analysis have appeared on CNN, U.S. News & World Report, Business.com, Lifehacker and CreditCards.com. He's passionate about helping you get your finances in order by expertly navigating cutting-edge financial tools — including credit cards, apps and budgeting software.
The ARCO Business Solutions Mastercard is a fleet card valid at over 1,500 ARCO stations and anywhere Mastercard is accepted. It offers features such as individual spending controls and easy card management. Unfortunately, it offers no volume rebates, which is unusual. Additionally, Fleetcor — the card issuer — may charge unspecified administrative fees.
Unlike other fleet cards, the ARCO Business Solutions Mastercard doesn’t seem to have fees for use at non-ARCO locations. This is subject to change according to fleetcor’s discretion.
When you open your account, Fleetcor will decide whether your card is revolving or non-revolving. If you have a revolving account, you can carry a balance from month to month. With a non-revolving account, you must pay off your entire balance by each statement due date.