Applied Bank® VISA® Business review
Please note: This card has been discontinued, and it is not available on our site.
- You’re eligible if you have bad credit.Most business cards require at least good credit. However, you can apply for the Applied Bank® VISA® Business even with a less-than-stellar credit score.
You’ll also like …
- Payment history reporting to major credit bureaus. If you need help building or rebuilding your credit, the Applied Bank® VISA® Business could ultimately help increase your overall creditworthiness.
What to watch out for
- No balance transfers. You can’t move debt to your Applied Bank® VISA® Business.
- No grace period on interest. You’ll accrue interest as soon as you make a purchase. This is a significant weakness, as most credit cards offer grace periods.
- Penalty APR for late payments. If you make a late payment, you’re subject to an APR as high as 29.99%.
- Account origination fee. You’ll pay a one-time $125 to open your account.
- Monthly maintenance fee. At $9.95 a month, you’re looking at $119.40 annual maintenance.
- Payment fees. Mailed payments are free, but online payments costs $6.95 each, credit or debit card payments cost a steep $10.95 each and ACH payments costs $6.95 each.
- Other random fees. Watch out for fees for account dormancy ($10 monthly), expedited payments ($2 per transaction), stopped payments ($2 per transaction) and more.
What should I know before I apply?
To apply for the Applied Bank® VISA® Business, you must be at least 18 years old.
Information you’ll need
- Your business name and details
- Your full name and contact information
- Your residential status and address
- Your annual income and source of income
- Your Social Security number and date of birth
What credit score do I need?
You’re welcome to apply for the Applied Bank® VISA® Business with any credit score — even if you have bad credit.
How to apply for the Applied Bank® VISA® Business
To apply for the Applied Bank® VISA® Business, go to Applied Bank’s site. Complete the form with information like your business name, annual income and Social Security number and submit your application.
How long will it take to be approved?
You’ll know whether you’re approved about 60 seconds after you apply.
I got the card. Now what?
- Make timely payments. Consider paying your card bill well before your statement due date to avoid a steep penalty APR and high late fees. Factor in a potential wait before your payment posts.
- Avoid interest. The Applied Bank® VISA® Business doesn’t come with a grace period on interest. To avoid racking up unnecessary interest, consider paying off your purchases as soon as you make them.
- Avoid fees. Late and returned payments come with hefty $38 fees. Cash advances also come with fees. Read your cardholder agreement to understand the various other fees you may encounter.
- Customer service. If you have questions, contact Applied Bank’s Customer Service Department at 1-800-947-1090.
Compare other business credit cards
The Applied Bank® VISA® Business brings few notable features. It’s open to consumers with poor credit, but it’s incredibly expensive. It also doesn’t offer significant perks or rewards for business expenses.
If you’re looking for a card to build or rebuild your creditworthiness, you can find stronger secured cards offering low APR, minimal fees and budget-friendly deposits.
Frequently asked questions
Kevin Joey Chen is a credit cards, banking and investments writer whose work and analysis have appeared on CNN, U.S. News & World Report, Business.com, Lifehacker and CreditCards.com. He's passionate about helping you get your finances in order by expertly navigating cutting-edge financial tools — including credit cards, apps and budgeting software.
Unfortunately, glaring downsides include a one-time $125 fee for merely opening an account. You’ll also pay a monthly maintenance fee of $9.95, which comes out to $119.40 a year. Add in fees for online bill payments and other nickel-and-dime charges, and the Applied Bank® VISA® Business could cost more than you anticipate.
Finally, the card lacks an interest grace period, meaning you’ll start accruing interest as soon as you make any purchase. This is a significant weakness, as most cards offer grace periods of 21 and 25 days.