American Express’ concierge service is a type of personal assistant you gain access to when you become an eligible cardmember. By calling the concierge number or emailing the Amex concierge email address, you can ask your concierge assistant to perform a variety of tasks. Think Siri, but in the flesh and blood.
- Call 800-525-3355 or international call collect number 617-622-6756.
- Depending on your needs, use:
- Event tickets. Option 1
- Dining. Option 2
- Gifts. Option 3
- Travel. Option 4
- Card services. Option 5
- Make your request.
Note: As an alternative, you can make your request at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the number on the back of your card and say, Concierge.
While Amex’s concierge service is separated into five different options when you call them up, they’re quite flexible within these categories! Here are a few examples of what Amex concierge can whip up for you:
- Event and dining booking. A rather traditional use of concierge services, you can request Amex nab a seating at your favorite restaurant or purchase tickets for an event, even if the event isn’t happening the same day.
- Gifts. Need some surprise flowers delivered? Or need an idea on what chocolates are hottest in town? Ask your concierge service and they can find a suitable gift for the recipient.
- Travel. If you need some flights booked for your next business trip, Amex concierge can help you find the perfect flight based on your specifications and preferences. This extends to other travel plans, including hotels and transportation needs. In fact, your concierge service can book your entire itinerary.
- Recommendations. One of the most useful parts of the Amex concierge service is the time and research they can perform on your behalf. Whether it’s a cheap flight or a great place for birdwatching, you can assign your needs out to the concierge service like homework (thought you might want to double check their work before jumping in).
American Express concierge service policy
American Express concierge service is a complimentary feature on your credit card and you pay nothing extra to use it. But you have to pay for any purchases, fees and shipping charges that you authorize to be charged to your card.
Also, don’t expect your concierge to inform the restaurant of any food allergies or dietary restrictions when they make reservations in your name. Make sure you notify the restaurant yourself if needed.
American Express concierge service is only available to a handful of premium cards.
Based on user experiences on social media sites such as Reddit, cardholders who used the Amex concierge service seem split on how useful the service proves.
Some users mentioned that the concierge service did a great job in very specific requests, such as tracking down tickets on the cheap or nabbing reservations or experiences that seemed impossible to grab otherwise. Other users were disappointed that the concierge service couldn’t pull through in tough situations, such as purchasing a pair of shoes that were largely sold out.
On the whole, users praised the service as a “convenience play,” albeit one with great (and sometimes surprising) results.
Functionally, a personal digital assistant like Siri or Alexa can perform many similar tasks as a concierge service, such as booking travel or finding cheap flights. The main difference with Amex concierge is you have access to a real live person.
This makes a big difference when you need certain tasks done, such as tracking down a hard to find item or need to describe the types of gifts your mom loves most. That human touch offers an extra level of personalization and can net results much more tailored to your needs.
Concierge service is one of the most useful features you can get without paying extra. Your concierge can help get you a seat in a famous restaurant, tickets to concerts or sporting events and more.
Remember, to get this perk you need a premium American Express credit card. Other cards also offer this perk, so make sure you compare credit cards with top-notch concierge services before you apply.
Amex’s concierge service comes complimentary with several of it’s travel cards. But expect to pay a hefty annual fee for the perk since it is a feature of premium American Express credit cards. Here’s how the concierge service works.