Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express vs Capital One® Quicksilver® Cash Rewards Credit Card
These are two excellent cashback credit cards that may complement each other.
The Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express has a $95 annual fee, compared to the $0 annual fee of the Capital One® Quicksilver® Cash Rewards Credit Card. However, it’s superior for grocery spending: At US supermarkets, you’ll earn 6% cash back on up to $6,000 annually in purchases, then 1%. Capital One’s card is the better choice if you want simple rewards, as you’ll earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on all purchases.
Which card should you choose?
Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express
- Earn cash back. Earn 6% cash back at US supermarkets on up to $6,000 per year. After that, you'll earn 1% back. You'll also earn 6% on select US streaming services and 3% on transit purchases. At US gas stations you'll earn 3% back. For everything else you buy, you'll get 1% back.
- Welcome offer. Get $250 in statement credit after spending $1,000 on purchases in the first three months of card membership.
- Intro APR period. Enjoy a 0% intro APR period on balance transfers and purchases for the first 12 months of account opening. After that, a variable APR of 12.99% to 23.99% applies.
Capital One® Quicksilver® Cash Rewards Credit Card
- No annual fee
- $150 cash bonus when you spend $500 on purchases in the first 3 months
- 1.5% cash back on all purchases
- Long intro APR for purchases
Compare similar credit cards
Ask an Expert