Earn 30,000 bonus points as well as strong rewards on gas and travel.
- Get this card if you want to pay no annual or foreign transaction fees while earning rewards.
- Pick something else if you want access to airport lounges or a bigger signup bonus.
- Good to excellent credit score of 680 to 850 recommended.
|Product Name||Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card|
|Card Type||American Express|
|APR (Annual Percentage Rate) for Purchases||14.24% to 26.74% variable|
|Introductory Purchase APR||0% for the first 12 months (then 14.24% to 26.74% variable)|
|Introductory Balance Transfer APR||0% for the first 12 months (then 14.24% to 26.74% variable)|
|Balance Transfer Fee||3% or $5 (whichever is greater)|
|Cash Advance Rate||25.74% to 27.74% variable|
|Cash Advance Fee||$10 or 5% of the cash advance amount, whichever is greater|
|Foreign Transaction Fee|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 25 days|
|Late Payment Fee||$37|
|Returned Payment Fee||$37|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Welcome Bonus||Earn 30,000 points after spending $3,000 in the first 3 months|
|Reward Value per Dollar||1 points|
|Rewards Points Expiry||Never|
If you’re always on the road, the Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card could be for you. You’ll earn 3x points on gas, dining, eligible travel and select streaming services and 1x points on all other purchases. You won’t pay foreign transaction fees, and you’ll have lots of travel-friendly options to choose from when you redeem your points — though you can always stick with good old cash.
Spend $3,000 in the first three months, and you’ll earn 30,000 bonus points. On top of this, get 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 12 months (after that, a 14.24% to 26.74% variable purchase and balance transfer APR). Lastly, you’ll never pay an annual fee to use the card.
- Signup bonus.
Earn 30,000 bonus points when you spend $3,000 in the first three months after opening your account.
- Earn reward points.
Earn 3x points on gas, dining, eligible travel and select streaming services and 1x points on all other purchases.
- Multiple ways to redeem rewards.
Redeem your points for travel, cash rewards, gift cards and more.
- Intro APR.
Get 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 12 months. After that, your purchase and balance transfer APR will be 14.24% to 26.74% variable.
You’ll also like…
- No annual fees.
You’ll never pay an annual fee to use this card.
- No foreign transaction fees.
You won’t pay transaction fees when you use this card outside of the US.
- Travel benefits.
Enjoy perks like lost luggage reimbursement, rental car insurance, roadside assistance, and travel and emergency assistance.
- Enhanced security.
Get peace of mind through retail protection and extended warranties on eligible purchases.
What to watch out for
- Balance transfer fees.
For the first 12 months, you’ll pay a fee on balance transfers of 3% or $5, whichever is greater. After 12 months, that fee increases to $5 or 5%, whichever is greater.
- End of intro APR.
The intro APR offer expires in 12 months, when you’ll begin paying interest on your outstanding purchase balances or transfers.
- Other fees and penalties.
For every late or returned payment, you’ll pay up to $37. Cash advances and overdraft protection advances also come with fees.
Consider other cards if…
- You want better airline rewards.
You’ll find airline reward cards that come with lounge access, free checked bags, priority boarding and complimentary companion tickets.
- You don’t spend much on gas or dining out.
Consider a rewards card that offers a better points-to-dollar ratio with no category restrictions, like the Barclaycard Arrival Plus® World Elite Mastercard® which offers 2x miles on all purchases.
What to know before you apply
Apply for the Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card if you’re:
- At least 18 years old.
- A US resident.
Always consider your options and your financial situation before you apply for a credit card.
Information you’ll need
When completing your application, you’ll need to supply your:
- Full name, personal contact information and Social Security number.
- Housing status and monthly rent or mortgage payments.
- Employment status and gross annual income from all sources.
What credit score do I need?
You have a better chance of application approval with a credit score of 680 or higher.
How to apply for the card
1. On the Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card site, click Apply Now.
2. If you’re a Wells Fargo customer, sign in to your online account. If you’re not yet a customer, click Continue.
3. Provide the required personal and financial information, confirm that you understand the terms and conditions and click Submit.
How long will it take to be approved?
If you apply online, you’ll receive conditional approval almost as soon as you submit your application.
I got the card. Now what?
- Avoid unnecessary interest. You’ll accrue interest on purchases and balance transfers after the first 12 months. Avoid interest by paying off your outstanding balances by then.
- Contact Wells Fargo. For support, call 1-800-642-4720. Or connect with the bank through Twitter @WellsFargo or Facebook @wellsfargo.
Unless you’re looking for a card with a stronger points-to-dollar ratio across categories or high-end travel perks, this no-fee card’s array of benefits could work well for you.