Yahoo web hosting review
Get your website online in only 30 minutes with Yahoo Small Business web hosting.
Yahoo’s marketing perks are better than average, with free automatic site submission to Yahoo, Google and Bing. Getting-started guides and video tutorials are online, plus 24/7 phone and email support.
What is Yahoo Small Business?
Since the Internet’s early days, Yahoo provides everything you need to quickly get your website up and running. Yahoo runs your website and email on a Unix operating system that it claims has a 99.9% uptime. All plans come with SpamGuard Plus and Norton AntiVirus, to protect you from online threats.
How much does Yahoo web hosting cost?
|Domain price||Monthly plan price|
|Yahoo Web Hosting||Free for first year||$2.59 - 4.89|
What types of web hosting plans are available?
Yahoo offers three shared web hosting plans: Basic, Advanced and Premier. All Yahoo hosting plans come with a free domain name, over 10 site pages, more than 250 email addresses and over 100 subdomains. Additional features such as unlimited site pages, WordPress and backups are available with the Advanced plan. The Premier plan offers unlimited storage and data transfer.
For a fee, Yahoo can host and manage your website for you. Yahoo has three e-commerce plans to sell goods online with unlimited listing. Plan add-ons include: Localworks local marketing, Yahoo Mail for business and other tools that help with engagement and retention, conversion, advertising, customer contact and financing.
What hosting types does Yahoo not offer?
What content management systems (CMS) does Yahoo support?
- WordPress is available with Advanced and Premier hosting plans.
- Joomla is not supported by Yahoo Small Business web hosting but it is still possible to install Joomla on your website.
Pros and cons
- Free domain name
- Many easy-to-use tools and free templates
- 24/7 customer support
- Free marketing credit and perks
- 30-day satisfaction guarantee
- No VPS, cloud, dedicated or reseller hosting plans are available
- Limited number of pages, traffic, storage and email accounts
- Basic plan has no WordPress access
- No free site builder in the Basic plan — only a selection of templates
- Free website comes with ads
Compare web hosting services
How to sign up for a Yahoo website
- Choose a domain name. Yahoo provides a free domain name or domain transfer. You can also shield your name and contact information with private domain registration for an additional fee.
- Select your plan. Unlike a number of other web hosting services, Yahoo’s advertised price doesn’t require a multiyear commitment. You can pay as little as one month or one year at a time, or get cheaper rates per month by choosing to commit to five years up front.
- Set up a profile. Set up a Yahoo Small Business account and profile — different from Yahoo Mail or any other company service.
- Design your website. Have your website online in as little as 30 minutes. Remember, every Yahoo website comes with a 30-day satisfaction guarantee.
Yahoo web hosting offers shared hosting plans are useful for small- to medium-sized businesses, personal blogs and websites with relatively low traffic. But its free features and intuitive design are overshadowed by its limited reach and lack of hosting plans. The 30-day money-back guarantee is a good way to test out the waters, keeping in mind that only your plan price is refundable — taxes, fees, add-ons or domain registration costs are excluded.