Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
USAA credit card extended warranty: How does it work?
Get an additional warranty of up to one year.
USAA usually offers purchase and travel benefits across all of its cards. In addition, you’ll get extended warranties. Extended warranties can come in handy if something happens to your purchase.
Do USAA credit cards have extended warranties?
All USAA credit cards offer extended warranties for up to one additional year on the original manufacturer’s warranties of three years or less. The USAA policy sets a maximum of $15,000 per claim and a maximum of $50,000 per account.
How to use USAA credit card extended warranties
- Buy an eligible item with your USAA credit card or rewards.
- In the event of a product failure, call the USAA benefit administrator at 844-288-2141 within 60 days. A representative will point you to a claim form and, if applicable, where you can get your item repaired.
- Sign, complete and submit the claim form and additional documentation to the benefit administrator within 90 days.
Additional information to include with your claim form
- Your credit card statement proving you made the purchase with your USAA card.
- If applicable, documentation proving you used an alternative payment method.
- The itemized receipt for the item.
- The original manufacturer’s US warranty.
- Other warranties you bought or received with your item.
- Description and serial number of the item.
- A repair bill or estimate that lists the cause of product failure.
- Other information to support your claim.
What happens after I submit my claim?
Wait for a decision from your benefit administrator. If the administrator accepts your claim, your item will be repaired or replaced.
What’s not eligible for USAA extended warranties?
Certain items don’t qualify for extended warranties, including:
- Motorized vehicles such as cars, aircraft and boats, as well as their equipment.
- Costs that aren’t covered under the original manufacturer’s US warranty.
- Items you buy for resale, or for professional or commercial use.
- Real estate and items that are meant to be added to real estate.
- Items you’ve rented or leased.
- Computer software.
- Medical equipment.
- Used or pre-owned items.
Compare USAA credit cards with extended warranties
Who gets to use USAA credit card extended warranties?
You qualify for extended warranties if your name is on an eligible USAA card issued in the US. You must charge at least a portion of the eligible purchase to your USAA card account or rewards.
You’ll find extended warranties with all USAA credit cards. To take advantage of this benefit, charge at least a portion of an eligible item to your card. Compare USAA credit cards to find one that’s right for you.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Guardian vision insurance review May 2021
Get a generous allowance to put towards contact lenses or frames with this plan.
Texas disaster assistance for the 2021 Winter Storm
Here’s where to get financial help for yourself and your business if you’ve been affected by the storm in February 2021.
How can you use your health savings account (HSA) as a retirement investment?
A health savings account (HSA) can help you get prepared for your retirement. Learn more.
Best 0% APR credit cards
Our top picks for cards with zero intro APR in 2021.
How do CVS rewards work?
Learn how to get up to 10% in rewards with the loyalty program at CVS.
Best store credit cards of 2021
Here are our picks for the best store cards of the year.
DasherDirect prepaid card review
Dashers can get instant access to earnings, plus 2% cash back at gas stations with this prepaid card.
How do Best Buy rewards work?
Earn up to 2.5% back in rewards and get free shipping.
How do Staples rewards work?
Get up to 5% back in rewards cash and free shipping.
How do Office Depot and Office Max rewards work?
Get 2% back in rewards when you shop for office supplies.
Ask an Expert