The UNITY Visa Secured Credit Card is designed to help get your credit back on track.
It’s hard to buy a car or house with poor or no credit. If you’re looking to improve your credit, the Unity Visa Secured Card can help. By staying on top of your monthly payments, and spend responsibly, you can see your credit score go up.
Often called the “Comeback Card,” the Unity is accepted anywhere that takes Visa.
|Product Name||UNITY Visa Secured Credit Card|
|Intro APR for Balance Transfer||9.95% Intro APR for 6 months (with $10 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater% balance transfer fee)|
|Balance Transfer Rate (not intro)||17.99% fixed|
|APR for Purchases ( Purchase Rate )||17.99% fixed|
|Cash Advance Rate||17.99% fixed|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 25 days|
|Returned Payment Fee||$25|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|2% of each transaction in U.S. dollars.% of transaction value|
|Minimum Credit Score||Poor (Below 660)|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Max credit limit|
This credit limit may not be issued to you immediately on application. This is the maximum credit limit for this card which must be applied for or offered to you after you are approved and have already opened the account.
|Returned Payment Fee||$25|
|Over The Credit Line Fee||$0|
|Late Payment Fee||$10|
|Cash Advance Fee||$10 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater (maximum fee: $150)|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$10|
The UNITY Visa Secured Credit Card reports to three major credit bureaus, and can help you build your credit. You’ll get a secure line of credit with an equal deposit — which means if you deposit $500 you’ll get a credit line of $500. With a fixed interest rate of 17.99% fixed and a minimum of $250 security deposit, UNITY Visa is a solid choice for secured cards.
- Builds your credit. Unlike a prepaid card or debit card, UNITY Visa secured card can help you build your credit.
- Quick application process. The application is quick, easy and online, and there’s no application fee.
- Anyone can apply. No minimum credit score required.
- Credit reporting. Monthly reporting to the three major credit bureaus — Equifax, Experian and TransUnion.
- Secure. Your security deposit is FDIC insured.
Watch out for…
To avoid paying interest, you must pay your balance at least 25 days after the close of your billing cycle. If you pay your balance by the monthly due date, you won’t accrue interest charges. Periodic interest charges will always be more than 25. Before applying, also consider:
- Security deposits. Even though there’s no application fee, you’re required to pay a $250 security deposit.
- No intro APR. Once you’re approved, you’ll pay the 17.99% fixed APR.
- Fees. You’ll pay an annual fee of $39 p.a., for late payments there’s a $10 fee, and returned payments will cost you $25.00.
The UNITY Visa Secured vs. Discover it Secured
How to apply for the UNITY Visa Secured Credit Card
Apply for the UNITY Visa Secured Card online. One you’ve submitted your information, you’ll hear back right away.
To be eligible for the card you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have a Social Security number.
- Have a US address.
- Have a US bank account.
Required documents & information:
- Bank routing number.
- Bank account number to provide a minimum security deposit of $250.
- Full name and physical address (PO boxes are not accepted).
- Contact information — email address and telephone number.
- Social Security number and date of birth.
- Employment status and total annual gross income.
- Total available assets.
- Monthly housing payment
The The UNITY Visa Secured vs. Capital One Secured
If you’re looking for a credit card to help rebuild and strengthen your credit, the UNITY Visa Secured Credit Card could be a helpful solution. Before choosing this card, be sure to compare it with other credit card options.Back to top