For immediate release
September Cryptocurrency Predictions Report: Bitcoin forecast 95 percent increase in price by end of year, while VEChain could rise by over 7000 percent
5 September 2018, LONDON –
- Price comparison site finder.com, releases September Cryptocurrency Predictions Survey, 13 coins forecast
- Bitcoin appears to stabilise with forecast price growth of fifteen percent by 1 October
- VeChain (VET) predicted to see greatest price growth by end-of-month and end-of-year, at 2,664 percent and 7,310 percent, respectively
- All 13 coins expected to rise by December 31 2018; XRP (XRP) expected to see smallest growth by end-of-year at only 25 percent
Bitcoin (BTC) continues to stabilise with forecasted price growth of 15 percent by 1 October, to US$8,089 (£6,215). This is according to price comparison site finder.com’s monthly Cryptocurrency Predictions Survey, released today.
The panellists’ predictions suggest that the bearish cryptocurrency trend may be close to over, with all 13 coins forecast to increase by December 31 2018. Bitcoin (BTC) is expected to rise by 95 percent by the end of the year to US$13,711 (£10,534). Many believe that the upcoming decision about two exchange-traded funds (ETF) by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission could hold the key to cryptocurrencies’ short-term performance.
VeChain (VET) is expected to see the greatest price growth by end-of-year, at 7,310 percent. It is also expected to see the greatest price growth by end-of-month, at 2,664 percent. The coin recently entered into a partnership with the Chinese government to improve medical standards through vaccine traceability and was chosen by Japan’s largest telecommunication company, NTT Docomo, for the 5G Open Partner Program at the beginning of August.
TRON (TRX) is expected to see the second greatest price growth by 1 October, at 333 percent, followed by Ethereum (ETH) at 72 percent.
The smallest increase for October 1 2018 comes from Monero (XMR) at only one percent. EOS (EOS), Lisk (LSK), NEO (NEO) and XRP (XRP) are even expected to take a dive in price (-20 percent, -17 percent, -10 percent and -7 percent, respectively) before picking up again come 31 December 2018.
Comparing the forecast market capitalisations** for bitcoin (BTC), Bitcoin Cash (BCH) and Ethereum (ETH) – the only three of the 13 coins with reported number of coins available – Ethereum (ETH) is predicted to see the highest growth by the end of the year (99 percent). This is followed by bitcoin (BTC) with a 47 percent increase, and Bitcoin Cash (BCH), with an increase of 27 percent.
The nine panellists in the September Cryptocurrency Predictions Report include:
- Craig Cobb: Founder of TraderCobb.com, designed to educate people on crypto trading in a way that is simple, easy and logical
- Alisa Gus: CEO of WishKnish, a blockchain gamified social market network aimed at helping communities grow, and founding member of the DC Digital Economy Hub
- Ivan Mantelli: Managing Director, ICO and Token Offering Advisory at Kapitalized, a venture advisory partner for early-stage ventures and SMEs
- Fred Schebesta: Co-founder of global comparison site finder.com and OTC cryptocurrency trading platform HiveEx.com. Award-winning entrepreneur
- Joseph Raczynski: Technologist, futurist, Joetechnologist.com and Reuters, technology consultant and manager specialising in Blockchain technology
- Sarah Bergstrand: COO of BitBull Capital, a crypto hedge fund with a research-focus, background in venture-backed tech companies
- Samson Williams: Partner of Axes and Eggs, a blockchain and cryptocurrency mining consultancy
- Joerg Molt: CEO of the Satoshi School, launched to teach people the basics of blockchain technology and how they can benefit from the speed and efficiency of the currency
- Rabbi Ahmed: Head of trading at Bit Trade, Australia’s longest-running provider of digital currency trading, background in trading and stockbroking
The full details of the survey, complete with comments from the panellists, can be found here: https://www.finder.com/uk/cryptocurrency-predictions
Jon Ostler, UK CEO at finder.com says, “After its fall at the beginning of August, Bitcoin (BTC) has started to stabilise over the past month, rising in value by over 18 percent. Our panellists are predicting this trend to continue, with the price of BTC to rise by 15 percent by 1 October. They don’t believe it will stay static either, forecasting BTC to rise 95 percent by the end of the year to US$13,711 (£10,534).
“Although three of the 13 coins are forecast to take a dive come 1 October 2018 – Lisk (LSK), NEO (NEO) and XRP (XRP) – our panel expect all coins to rise come the end of year, signalling that the bearish trend may be on its way out. However, most of our panel believe that a strong Bitcoin performance or a positive ETF decision are needed if the values are to significantly rise.
“VeChain (VET) has again made an appearance as a top trending coin, with new partnerships surrounding the coin recently announced. It appears to be one to watch as it has the highest projected growth by October 1 (2,664 percent) as well as the highest projected growth by the end of the year (7,310 percent). It will be interesting to see if this upward trend will continue through to next month, or if the coin will fall off the radar.
“When reading this report, it’s important people are aware of the risks associated with such a highly volatile market. When deciding to purchase cryptocurrency, people should always be prepared to do their own research and decide what’s right for their own personal financial circumstances.”
For more information on finder’s cryptocurrency predictions, please visit https://www.finder.com/uk/cryptocurrency-predictions
The information in this release is accurate as of the date published, but rates, fees and other product features may have changed. Please see updated product information on finder.com's review pages for the current correct values.
finder.com is a personal finance website, which helps consumers compare products online so they can make better informed decisions. Consumers can visit the website to compare utilities, mortgages, credit cards, insurance products, shopping voucher codes, and so much more before choosing the option that best suits their needs.
Best of all, finder.com is completely free to use. We’re not a bank or insurer, nor are we owned by one, and we are not a product issuer or a credit provider. We’re not affiliated with any one institution or outlet, so it’s genuine advice from a team of experts who care about helping you find better.
finder.com launched in the UK in February 2017 and is privately owned and self-funded by two Australian entrepreneurs – Fred Schebesta and Frank Restuccia – who successfully grew finder.com.au to be Australia's most visited personal finance website (Source: Experian Hitwise).