Apply online with no paperwork, and you could have a beSavvi personal loan of £2,000 to £10,000 in your bank within 48 hours.
If you are approved for a personal loan with beSavvi, it will act as a lender.
beSavvi is a trading name of Hitachi Capital (UK) PLC, a subsidiary of the Japanese manufacturing giant, and is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. While Hitachi will only offer finance to those with a spotless credit file, beSavvi will consider those who have a less-than-perfect credit score. However, if you have had a County Court Judgement (CCJ) or default registered against you in the last three years, you’re unlikely to be accepted.
Unlike many personal loan providers, beSavvi will not charge a fee if you decide to repay your loan early. However, there are a number of fees that will be added to your account if you fail to pay on time and these can accumulate. So it’s crucial that you make sure you can comfortably afford to meet the payments before you apply.
Key features of beSavvi personal loans
- Spread your loan over 2 to 5 years. The interest rate you pay may differ according to how much you borrow and your loan term.
- Borrow £2,000 to £10,000. The amount you can borrow will be determined by your credit score and what you can afford.
- Price promise. The beSavvi Price Promise means it will guarantee the maximum you will pay each month on your loan amount.
- Get a quick quote. beSavvi aims to give you an instant decision on a loan.
- Eligibility checker. beSavvi provides an online checker so you can see the sort of loan you could receive without your credit rating being affected.
- No arrangement fee. beSavvi will not charge a fee for arranging your loan.
- Quick access to funds. You could have the money in your bank account within 48 hours.
- Fixed monthly repayments. You’ll pay the same amount each month, helping you to budget. This also means that the overall cost of the loan will be clear from the start.
- Repay your loan early at any time. If you repay early, you will pay back both the outstanding capital and any accrued interest. Unlike many lenders, beSavvi will not charge you a fee for early repayment.
What is APR?If you’re comparing any credit-based products, it won’t be long before you’ll come across the Annual Percentage Rate (APR). This figure is designed to provide an annual summary of the cost of a loan. It takes into account both interest and any mandatory charges to be paid (for example an arrangement fee) over the duration of a loan.
All lenders must calculate the APR of their products in the same way, and must tell you the APR before you sign an agreement, so for consumers it can be a handy tool for comparison.
Bear in mind, however, that lenders are only obliged to award this rate to 51% of those who take out the loan – the other 49% could pay more. That’s why it’s often referred to as the representative APR.
How do beSavvi’s personal loans compare with the competition’s?
Before you take out a personal loan, it’s smart to read up and shop around. You can use the tool below to check the actual rates you’d be likely to be offered from a range of popular lenders, and the monthly/overall costs.
Want to quickly see which lenders can offer you a loan?
Warning: late repayments can cause you serious money problems. See our debt help guides.
Am I eligible for a beSavvi personal loan?
You should only apply for a beSavvi personal loan if you’re certain you can meet the repayment terms. You must also:
beSavvi will consider applications from those who don’t have a great credit rating. However, if you have had a CCJ or default registered against your name in the last 3 years, you are unlikely to be accepted.
How can I apply?
Fill out the online application form, which should take about 10 minutes.
You will need:
- Address details for last 3 years.
- Employment details.
- Annual income.
- Bank account details.
beSavvi will perform a credit check and you will usually be given a decision instantly. beSavvi aims to have the money in your bank account within 2 working days.
Frequently asked questions