Hyundai Tucson insurance rates
Find out how much it could cost you to insure your Hyundai Tucson, and how to save on your premiums.
The Hyundai Tucson is a fairly popular car on UK roads. The South Korean car firm first launched its compact crossover SUV in 2004, with the current third generation Tucson coming out in 2016.
The Tucson is the most popular Hyundai car in the UK, outselling the Kona and Santa Fe. Hyundai sold 25,363 Tucsons in the UK in 2017.
If you want to know about Hyundai Tucson car insurance costs, keep reading and find out how you could save on your premiums.
What insurance group does the Hyundai Tucson fall under?
All vehicles are assigned a specific insurance group that ranges from 1 (cheapest) to 50 (most expensive), which helps to determine the cost of your premium. Hyundai Tucson models can be found in insurance groups ranging from 1 to 7, meaning costs will typically be a cheap price for car insurance. As an example, a 30-year-old driver in an average postcode could pay around £556 for cover on a Hyundai Tucson 1.0 S Air 5d that is in insurance group 1 or around £688 for a Hyundai Tucson Premium SE 1.2 87PS auto 5d that is in insurance group 7. This shows the impact on premium pricing that occurs when one car is in a much higher insurance group.
Average Hyundai Tucson insurance rates
To give you an indication about how much it would cost to insure your Hyundai Tucson, we ran several quotes in order to obtain an average figure. Our results estimate that you could, on average, insure your Hyundai Tucson with comprehensive cover for monthly payments of £119.24 or an annual sum of £912.05.
Which factors affect my Hyundai Tucson insurance rate?
There are lots of factors that could impact the price of your premiums. These include but are not limited to the following:
- Your age, marital status and where you live
- Your credit history and job
- Your car’s safety rating, security and anti-theft precautions
- The model and age of your car
- Annual miles driven
- The size of your car’s engine
- Your car usage
- No claims discount
How can I save on my Hyundai Tucson premiums?
Car insurance costs can sometimes be a bit of a headache, so it’s understandable that you would want to find the best deal at an affordable price. For your Hyundai Tucson premiums, there are a number of things that you could try in order to lower your costs. These include the following:
- Avoid any driving convictions. It may sound obvious, but having convictions on your record will hike up your premium.
- Be economical about your car usage. You could save money on your insurance by being more sparing with your car usage. Opting for public transport or walking when you can will help keep your mileage, and premiums, lower.
- Pay annually rather than monthly. By paying annually, you could save £518.88 on average – a year!
- Install extra safety precautions. The safer you make your car, the better your premium will be. By investing in extra safety features, your vehicle will be more secure and less of a risk to insure.
- Don’t just accept your renewal quote. When it’s time to renew your policy, make sure you shop around – don’t just settle for the renewal price given to you!
Hyundai Tucson facts
- The Hyundai Tucson is named after the US city of Tucson in Arizona. The name Tucson derives from the American indigenous O’odham language and translates as “at the base of the black hill”.
- Hyundai launched in South Korea in 1967 and started exporting its cars to Europe in 1978. It is the third largest vehicle manufacturer in the world.
The Hyundai Tucson is incredibly cheap to insure, especially when you consider its a compact crossover SUV. Better yet, the tips in this guide will help you to reduce your premiums even further.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Hyundai i40 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Hyundai i40 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Hyundai Amica insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Hyundai Amica falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Hyundai ix35 insurance group
Find out the average cost of car insurance for the Hyundai ix35.
Hyundai Getz insurance group and cost
Find out which insurance group the Hyundai Getz falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Hyundai Coupe insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Hyundai Coupe falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Hyundai Santa Fe insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Hyundai Santa Fe falls under and how much it might cost to insure.
Hyundai i20 insurance group and cost
Find out the average cost of car insurance for a Hyundai i20 based on the specific model version, the driver’s age and their location.
Hyundai i30 insurance group and cost
Find out the average cost of car insurance for a Hyundai i30 based on the insurance group the model falls within, the driver’s age and their location.
Hyundai i10 insurance group and cost
Read our comprehensive guide and find out how much it may cost you to insure a Hyundai i10 and how to save on your car insurance premiums.