Hyundai Tucson insurance rates
Find out how much it could cost you to insure your Hyundai Tucson, and how to save on your premiums.
The Hyundai Tucson is a fairly popular car on UK roads. The South Korean car firm first launched its compact crossover SUV in 2004, with the current third generation Tucson coming out in 2016.
The Tucson is the most popular Hyundai car in the UK, outselling the Kona and Santa Fe. Hyundai sold 25,363 Tucsons in the UK in 2017.
If you want to know about Hyundai Tucson car insurance costs, keep reading and find out how you could save on your premiums.
Average Hyundai Tucson insurance rates
To give you an indication about how much it would cost to insure your Hyundai Tucson, we ran several quotes in order to obtain an average figure. Our results estimate that you could, on average, insure your Hyundai Tucson with comprehensive cover for monthly payments of £119.24 or an annual sum of £912.05.
Which factors affect my Hyundai Tucson insurance rate?
There are lots of factors that could impact the price of your premiums. These include but are not limited to the following:
- Your age, marital status and where you live
- Your credit history and job
- Your car’s safety rating, security and anti-theft precautions
- The model and age of your car
- Annual miles driven
- The size of your car’s engine
- Your driving history
- No claims discount
How can I save on my Hyundai Tucson premiums?
Car insurance costs can sometimes be a bit of a headache, so it’s understandable that you would want to find the best deal at an affordable price. For your Hyundai Tucson premiums, there are a number of things that you could try in order to lower your costs. These include the following:
- Avoid any driving convictions. It may sound obvious, but having convictions on your record will hike up your premium.
- Be economical about your car usage. You could save money on your insurance by being more sparing with your car usage. Opting for public transport or walking when you can will help keep your mileage, and premiums, lower.
- Pay annually rather than monthly. By paying annually, you could save £518.88 on average – a year!
- Install extra safety precautions. The safer you make your car, the better your premium will be. By investing in extra safety features, your vehicle will be more secure and less of a risk to insure.
- Don’t just accept your renewal quote. When it’s time to renew your policy, make sure you shop around – don’t just settle for the renewal price given to you!
How safe is the Hyundai Tucson?
The Hyundai Tucson was awarded a five-star safety rating by Euro NCAP when tested in 2015. The car scored 86% for adult protection and 85% for child protection.
The Tucson also scored well for its various safety systems on board, including autonomous emergency braking, lane-keeping assistance system and static-bending lights. As standard, the Hyundai Tucson comes with airbags for the driver and front passenger.
As previously mentioned, the safer your car is, the better your premium will be. You have the option to add blind-spot detection or choose one of the Tucsons with Smart Cruise Control. Ask your insurer which safety features could result in lower premiums.
Hyundai Tucson facts
- The Hyundai Tucson is named after the US city of Tucson in Arizona. The name Tucson derives from the American indigenous O’odham language and translates as “at the base of the black hill”.
- Hyundai launched in South Korea in 1967 and started exporting its cars to Europe in 1978. It is the third largest vehicle manufacturer in the world.
Ask an Expert