E.ON | Electricity, gas and dual fuel tariffs
Find out more about E.ON with our useful guide.
One of the Big Six suppliers, E.ON supplies energy to around five million homes and businesses in the UK, much of it from renewable sources.
Currently the company owns wind farms, biomass plants and a tidal power generator, and aims to increase their production of green energy in future. Their reach isn’t limited to the UK, either – as a subsidiary of the E.ON group they are also one of the largest energy companies worldwide.
Compare the latest tariffs from E.ON
Click on the button below and take a look at the tariffs on offer in your area. See how E.ON fares against the competition, and find the right energy deal for your home.
Is E.ON cheap?
Something to remember
There is no single cheapest energy supplier out there, only the cheapest provider for you and your usage requirements. If it gets confusing, you can always come back and consult finder.com’s energy pages and guides!
How do customers rate E.ON?
Ofgem, the UK energy regulator, publish facts and figures surrounding energy usage throughout the year. According to E.ON’s 2016 Annual Complaints Report, of all complaints lodged in 2016, 63% were resolved by the end of the next working day.
Here we have the number of complaints per 100,000 ‘Big Six’ customers throughout 2016:
Is E.ON green?
Can I get a smart meter with E.ON?
Yes. As part of the Government’s goal to have smart meters installed in every home by 2020, E.ON is working hard to ensure older meters are phased out as soon as possible.
To get a smart meter with E.ON all you need to do is pop a few details into this form to find out if you’re eligible.
How do I contact E.ON?
Depending on your requirements, there’s a whole load of numbers to call. Save yourself time by picking the right one, instead of getting redirected around different call centres. Here are E.ON’s contact numbers:
- Prepayment meters: 0345 303 3040
- Smart pay as you go: 0345 366 5996
- Business enquiries: 0333 202 4586
If you’re moving or have moved home:
- Prepayment meter (card key/top up): 0345 303 3040
- Credit meter (you receive a bill): 0345 303 3020
- Smart meter (you have a separate display inside your home): 0345 366 5976
If you’ve just changed supplier:
- Prepayment Meter (card/key top up): 0345 302 3473
- Credit meter (you receive a bill): 0345 301 4905
- You have a complaint: 0345 052 0000
- You have a feed-in tariff: 0345 301 4884
- To make a payment, give meter readings or discuss your bill: 0345 059 9905
- To receive letters or bills in braille: 0333 202 4762
- For the hearing impaired and to contact by textphone: 0800 056 6560
- If you’re overseas and need to contact E.ON: +44(0) 115 843 4373
How do I make a complaint to E.ON?
It comes with the territory. If a boiler breaks or the electricity goes out, people don’t tend to be too happy!
With E.ON, you have the following options for registering a complaint:
- If you have a general complaint you can call 0345 052 0000
- If your complaint is about a smart meter account, call 0345 366 5973
- If you have a moving home complaint you can call 0345 303 3020
- If you’re a prepayment customer and have a complaint call 0345 303 3040
- You can send an email via an online form on the E.ON website
- Send a complaint by mail to: Customer Service Centre, E.ON, PO Box 7750, Nottingham NG1 6WR
- If you are deaf you can lodge a complaint by textphone on: 0800 056 6560.
Of course, make sure to Google around or visit E.ON’s website to see if someone might have already had the same problem you’re having!
What is a 'dual fuel' tariff?
With one of these tariffs you’ll get both your gas and electricity from the same supplier. This makes life a lot easier. There’s one bill, one direct debit, one number to call if you need to speak to someone. A dual fuel tariff could save you money, but it’s not necessarily the cheapest option.
In some cases, it’s still cheaper to have your gas and electricity provided by separate suppliers.
Read more on this topic
How do Brits plan on helping out the environment? 90% of Brits recycle plastic and glass, making this the most popular method used by Brits to reduce their impact on the environment.
British Gas promo codes 2020 Looking for a way to save on services from British Gas? See our discounts and promo codes and pay less for your energy.
Bulb promo codes 2020 Want to pay less for your energy services from Bulb? See our hand-tested vouchers and discount codes and save today.
EDF Energy promo codes 2020 Looking for a way to save on services from EDF Energy? See our discounts and promo codes and pay less for energy.
Boiler warranties explained Discover how boiler warranties work and the terms you need to be aware of.
Replacing your boiler: What you need to know How much does it cost to replace a boiler and how long does it take?
Boiler flues: What are they and how do they work? Discover how boiler flues work, what regulations you have to follow and whether you'll have to pay for one to be installed.
How to fix a boiler that is losing pressure Learn how to fix a boiler with this problem.
Free boiler grants: Learn if you are eligible Discover whether you're eligible for a grant to get a free boiler for your home.
Business energy suppliers Discover how to find the best business energy supplier for your company.
Ask an Expert