Club Lloyds current account review
- Account fee
- £3 per month (Account fee waived if account credit with at least £2000 per month)
- Interest (AER)
- 1.5% AER
- Overseas card transactions
- Europe: 2.99% plus flat fee of £0.50.
Elsewhere: 2.99% plus flat fee of £0.50
The Club Lloyds current account is a competitive offering for anyone looking to get a little extra from their everyday bank account. Providing you can pay in at least £1,500 a month and pay out 2 direct debits, you'll benefit from interest on your in-credit balance, plus various rewards and cashback – and you'll avoid the monthly fee.
Interest paid on balances up to £5,000
Selected rewards and cashback offers
Preferential exchange rates
Exclusive banking offers available
Choose 1 "lifestyle benefit" each year, such as a TV, coffee or magazine subscription
You’ll need to pay in at least £2,000 each month or pay £3 a month
You must pay out 2 direct debits each month to qualify for interest
Highest interest rate only paid on balances between £4,000 and £5,000
Overdraft rates are 27.5% EAR (£50 buffer)
|Account name||Club Lloyds|
|Account fee||£3 per month (Account fee waived if account credit with at least £2000 per month)|
|ATM withdrawal limit||£500|
|Card type||Cash / Debit|
|Minimum eligibility age||18 Years|
|Minimum operating balance||£1|
|Minimum opening balance||£1|
|Current account switch guarantee|
|Foreign cash currency fee in Europe||2.99%|
|Foreign cash currency fee in rest of world||2.99%|
|Foreign cash transaction fee in Europe||£1.50.|
|Foreign cash transaction fee in rest of world||£1.50|
|Arranged overdraft available|
|Overdraft Grace Period||14:30 same day|
Founded in 1765, Lloyds Bank is a British retail and commercial bank. It is part of Lloyds Banking Group which includes Halifax, Bank of Scotland and Scottish Widows.
Lloyds Bank offers a suite of financial products, including a range of current accounts.
What is the Club Lloyds current account?
The Club Lloyds current account works in the same way as a standard bank account, but lets you earn rewards and cashback as well as interest on balances up to £5,000. In return, you’ll need to meet certain conditions or pay a monthly fee of £3.
You can open the account individually or jointly and it comes with a contactless Visa debit card.
How does it work?
As well as being able to set up direct debits and standing orders, and apply for an arranged overdraft, the Club Lloyds current account offers the following features:
- Monthly credit interest. Earn up to 3.00% AER on the part of your balance between £4,000 and £5,000, and 1.50% AER on balances between £1 and £3,999.99, providing you pay out 2 different direct debits each month.
- Choose a reward each year. Choose from 12 months of Disney+, 6 x cinema tickets at ODEON or Vue cinemas, 1 x annual digital Gourmet Society membership, or an annual magazine subscription.
- Get up to 15% cashback. With Everyday Offers when you pay by credit card, debit card or direct debit with selected retailers.
- Exclusive banking offers. Access to offers on a range of Lloyds Bank products such as mortgages and savings accounts.
- Save the Change. Round up your card payments to the nearest pound to save as you spend.
Who is it for?
The Club Lloyds account suits anyone looking to gain a little extra from their everyday bank account. In return, you’ll need to pay at least £1,500 into your account each month or pay a fee of £3 a month. To earn interest, you’ll also need to pay out at least 2 different direct debits each month.
To be eligible to apply, you’ll need to be at least 18 years old, a UK resident and either an EU national or have permission to stay in the UK for at least 12 months.
What are the benefits?
One of the biggest benefits of the Club Lloyds account is that you can earn interest on your in-credit balance at a competitive rate. On top of this, the account offers a host of rewards and cashback offers.
How to apply
If you’re a new customer, the easiest way to apply for the Club Lloyds account is by filling in a form online. You should get a decision within 10 minutes. If you’re an existing customer, you can open a new current account or upgrade through Internet banking.
Alternatively, you can open an account by phone or by booking an appointment at your nearest Lloyds Bank branch.