Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
The Business Platinum Card® from American Express vs. The Platinum Card® from American Express
Two premium travel options, one for businesses and one for individuals.
These are two versions of the same card with mostly similar features. The main difference is that The Business Platinum Card® from American Express costs $595 annually, offers a slightly more robust welcome offer and business expense management tools. On the other hand, The Platinum Card® from American Express costs $550 annually and the welcome offer is easier to earn.
Read more about these cards perks and features in the table below.
Summary of card features
The Business Platinum Card® from American Express
- Welcome offer. Spend $15,000 on purchases in your first 3 months of card membership and get 75,000 bonus points.
- Membership rewards. Get 5x points on prepaid hotels and flights through Amex Travel and 1x points on everything else you buy. For purchases of 5,000 and more, you’ll get 1.5x points — up to 1 million points per year.
- Global Lounge Collection. Get access to more than 1,200 airport lounges worldwide, including the Centurion Lounge, International American Express lounges and Delta Sky Club when flying Delta. To get access to Priority Pass Select, Airspace and Escape lounges, you’ll need to enroll first.
The Platinum Card® from American Express
- Membership reward points. Earn 5x points on flights and prepaid hotels booked directly through Amex Travel. Starting January 1, 2021, your 5x points on flights will be capped on up to $500,000 annually (then 1x points).
- You can use your points toward gift cards, travel rewards, statement credit and more. If you redeem these points for the highest valued rewards, you'll get 5% back. On all other eligible purchases, you'll earn 1x points.
- Welcome offer. Get 60,000 membership rewards points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of card membership. That's up to $1,200 worth of rewards when transferred to travel partners.
- Airline fee credit. Select a qualifying airline and receive a $200 airline fee credit each year to cover incidental charges, such as checked bags or in-flight purchases.
Compare credit cards
Ask an Expert