Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
The Business Platinum Card® from American Express vs. The Platinum Card® from American Express
Two premium travel options, one for businesses and one for individuals.
Read more about these cards perks and features in the table below.
Summary of card features
The Business Platinum Card® from American Express
- Welcome offer. Spend $15,000 on purchases in your first 3 months of card membership and get 85,000 bonus points.
- Membership rewards. Get 5x points on prepaid hotels and flights through Amex Travel and 1x points on everything else you buy. For purchases of 5,000 and more, you’ll get 1.5x points — up to 1 million points per year.
- Global Lounge Collection. Get access to more than 1,200 airport lounges worldwide, including the Centurion Lounge, International American Express lounges and Delta Sky Club when flying Delta. To get access to Priority Pass Select, Airspace and Escape lounges, you’ll need to enroll first.
The Platinum Card® from American Express
- Membership reward points. Earn 5x points on flights and prepaid hotels booked directly through Amex Travel. Starting January 1, 2021, your 5x points on flights will be capped on up to $500,000 annually (then 1x points).
- You can use your points toward gift cards, travel rewards, statement credit and more. If you redeem these points for the highest valued rewards, you'll get 10% back. On all other eligible purchases, you'll earn 1x points.
- Welcome offer. Get 75,000 membership rewards points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 6 months of card membership. You'll also earn 10x points at US gas stations and US supermarkets on up to $15,000 in combined purchases for the first 6 months. These two welcome offers combined can earn you up to $4,500 worth of rewards when transferred to travel partners.
- Airline fee credit. Select a qualifying airline and receive a $200 airline fee credit each year to cover incidental charges, such as checked bags or in-flight purchases.
Compare The Business Platinum Card® from American Express vs. The Platinum Card® from American Express
More guides on Finder
Compare credit cards with return protection
Return eligible items within 90 days of purchase even when the retailer won’t take them back.
IHG® Rewards Club Traveler Credit Card review
A no-annual-fee card with attractive rewards on IHG spending.
Discover it® Student Cash Back vs. Discover it® Chrome for Students
Here’s how to choose between two excellent Discover cards, Discover it Student Cash Back vs. Student Chrome.
The Business Platinum Card® from American Express vs. Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card
Both cards are great business cards — but they don’t offer the same rewards, and each has unique benefits. Here’s how to choose between the two cards.
JP Morgan Reserve Card vs. The Platinum Card® from American Express
Which of these credit cards would you choose to better fit your budget?
Bank of America® Cash Rewards Credit Card vs. Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express
Looking for a cashback credit cards? Here’s how to choose between two excellent cashback cards: Bank of America® Cash Rewards credit card and Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express
Credit cards with a luxury hotel and resort collection
There are four major luxury hotel collections from credit card companies.
What is the Amex International Airline Program?
Get discounts on premium fares through Amex Travel.
Do credit cards offer American Express travel medical insurance?
Consider buying travel insurance directly from Amex instead.
Ask an Expert