Staples Business More Account™ review
A small business credit card that gives you rewards and shopping benefits at Staples.
- Get this card if your preferred office supply shop is Staples.
- Pick something else if you want a more universally accepted credit card.
- Apply with a fair to good credit score of 580 or higher.
All information about this card has been collected independently by Finder.
Up to 5x
14.99%, 19.99% or 23.99%
Purchase APR (fixed)
Recommended credit score
Kliment Dukovski is a credit cards and investments writer. He's written over 600 articles to help readers find and compare the best credit cards. Kliment has also written on money transfers, home loans and more. Previously, he ghostwrote guides and articles on foreign exchange, stock market trading and cryptocurrencies.
With over 1,000 locations across the US, Staples is one of the largest office supply stores in the country. Whether you’re a regular or you only occasionally buy office supplies, you may find the Staples Business More Account™ helpful — especially when it’s free to own.
Enjoy earning 5% back in Staples Rewards for every purchase. Plus, you’ll enjoy free next-day delivery for every transaction over $49.99. The largest benefit you may get as a card member is the deferred payment option: For purchases over $299, you could qualify to pay off your balance interest-free for 6 to 18 months.
How to apply for the Staples Business More Account™
- Visit the Staples website, scroll down to the footer of the page and click Staples more credit.
- Click Apply now.
- Complete the application form with all the required information about yourself and your business.
- Review your application and hit Submit application.
How long will it take to get my Staples Business More Account™?
It usually takes one to two days to receive a decision on an application. It could take longer if more information is needed. Once approved, your card should arrive within 7 to 10 business days.
- Signup bonus. Save $50 on your first purchase of $150 or more during your first 45 days of account opening. This may not seem like a generous bonus, but it’s easy to earn.
- Staples Rewards. You earn 5% back in Staples Rewards for every Staples purchase you make either in-store or online. This is one of the highest returns that you can get on office supply purchases when compared to other business credit cards.
- Free delivery. For every purchase over $49.99, you get free next-day delivery if you order by 5 p.m. local time, except on weekends and holidays. If you work from home or need to make a large order for the office, this perk could be useful.
- Deferred interest payments. As a Staples cardholder, you may be offered special promotions, such as interest-free payments for 6, 12 or 18 months. If you haven’t paid off your balance by the end of the promotional period, you’ll incur interest charges at a fixed APR rate of 14.99%, 19.99% or 23.99% from the date you made your purchase.
How does deferred interest payment work?
If you need to make a large purchase for your business and you want to stretch out your payments over a few months, Staples may offer you a special promotion to do that.
The flexible financing options you could be offered include:
- 6-month financing. For purchases of $299 or more, you could get six months to pay off your balance without paying interest.
- 12-month financing. For purchases of $499 or more, you could get a year to pay off your balance — interest-free.
- 18-month financing. For purchases of $799 or more, you could get 18 months to pay off your balance without paying interest.
If your purchase balance isn’t paid off by the time your promotional offer ends, you’ll be charged interest at a fixed APR of 14.99%, 19.99% or 23.99% from the date you made your purchase. You could also incur a fixed penalty APR of 29.99% if you make a late payment.
You’ll also like …
- $0 annual fee. Owning this card costs you nothing. This makes the Staples Business More Account™ a good complimentary card for any company that needs to buy office supplies.
- Ink cartridge recycling. You get $2 back for every ink or toner cartridge you recycle — up to $40 per month. If you print a lot, this can save you up to $480 per year. However, the $2 back per cartridge only applies when you’ve spent at least $30 on ink or toner over the past 180 days.
- Printing and tech discounts. As a card member, you’ll get $25 off print and marketing services and $20 off tech services each year.
- Itemized billing details. You’ll get a monthly itemized statement to see exactly how much your business is spending on office supplies.
What to watch out for
- Not universally accepted. This card isn’t a Visa or Mastercard, and it only works at Staples stores.
- Late payment fees and interest. Try to make your payments on time. Otherwise, you’ll pay fees up to $39 and you may incur a fixed penalty APR of 29.99%
Compare business credit cards
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
What size business is the Staples Business More Account™ good for?
Both small businesses that spend thousands of dollars on office supplies at Staples or sole proprietors that need to make occasional purchases could find this card useful. It has no annual fee, so basically you can keep it in your wallet until you need to make a Staples purchase.
What should I know before I apply?
To apply for the Staples Business More Account™, you’ll need to provide information about you and your business, including:
- Business name and address
- Years in business and type of business
- Revenue and monthly purchase volume
- Personal information and income of the company owner
What credit score do I need?
You can apply with a 580 business credit score or higher. Businesses in good standing have a better chance of being approved.
What do customers say about the Staples Business More Account™?
Cardholders loyal to the Staples brand love this card. They praise the 5% back in Staples Rewards and low prices on office supplies, and they especially love the deferred interest payment feature.
However, others complained about the high APR on purchases, as well as sale items that were inaccurately priced and canceled orders. Some cardholders were also unhappy with the low credit line they received, but that wasn’t the case for everyone.
I got the card. Now what?
- Make timely payments. Avoid late fees up to $39 and a fixed penalty APR of 29.99% by making your payments on time.
- Set spending controls. Set up spending limits and billing options for every card on your account.
- Use online account management. Monitor your spending with the online tools available to you on the Staples website.
- Contact customer service. For any questions, call Staples at 1-800-333-3330 or chat with a customer service representative on the Staples website.
The Staples Business More Account™ can be useful for small businesses — whether you spend thousands of dollars a month or hundreds of dollars a year on office supplies. It has $0 annual fee, which makes it an ideal card to add to your suite of business credit cards.
But if you’re looking for a more generally accepted no-annual-fee card that has cash back, you may want to consider the American Express Blue Business Cash™ Card (Terms apply, see rates & fees) or the Bank of America® Business Advantage Cash Rewards by Bank of America.
Before applying for a credit card, consider your options to find the best one that complements your business.
Frequently asked questions