If you need access to money quickly, Speedy Cash could be the right option for you.
If you find yourself in a financial emergency and don’t have access to credit, Speedy Cash provides loans when you need it. Whether you’re facing a late bill or simply a shortfall in your budget, Speedy Cash can help you make it to your next payday.
- Product name: Speedy Cash Short-term Loans
- Min amount: $100 (depending on your state of residency)
- Max amount: $5,000 (depending on your state of residency)
- Turnaround time: 1 day
- State availability: AL, AK, AZ, CA, CO, DE, HI, IL, ID, KS, LA, MO, MS, ND, NV, OH, OK, RI, TN, TX, UT, WI, WY.
- Requirements: Must be 18+ years old (19+ in AL) and have valid ID, proof of steady income, an open checking account and working phone number.
How does borrowing from Speedy Cash work?
Speedy Cash is among one of the fastest growing and largest providers of short-term loans in the US, Canada and the UK. It’s licensed in each state in which it operates as a direct lender.
Apart from online payday loans, it also offers installment loans and lines of credit for larger amounts. Its in-store services include title loans, prepaid debit cards, money orders, wire transfers, check cashing and cash for gold. The loans Speedy Cash provides don’t involve a lengthy application process, and you don’t have to worry about credit score requirements — Speedy Cash will still consider you for a loan.
How do Speedy Cash loans compare with other providers?
Check the websites of any providers you’re interested in to confirm they operate in your state of residence.
This short-term form of credit can get you cash quickly, even if you have bad credit or a low income.
These services compare your application against a network of lenders to see which can best fit your needs and situation.
Here are some providers that offer online installment loans, a type of short-term loan payed off in installments over a period of time.
How much could you borrow with Speedy Cash?
|California||$255 (payday); $5,000 (installment)|
|Nevada||$2,500 (payday); $1,500 (installment)|
What loan products does Speedy Cash offer?
Speedy Cash has multiple loan options to suit whatever your needs may be.
- Payday loans. A payday loan is a short-term loan (typically $500 or less) that usually must be repaid within two to four weeks. Rules and regulations for payday loans vary by state.
- Installment loan. Unlike a payday loan that you have to repay in its entirety on your next payday, an installment loan gives you the ability to spread out your payments over a period of time.
- Auto title loan. You have to visit a Speedy Cash store to apply for an auto title loan since they will need to physically appraise your car. The amount you can borrow depends on the value of your car as well as your ability to make repayments.
- Prepaid debit cards. If you live near a Speedy Cash store location, you could apply for a payday loan and have the funds loaded onto a prepaid debit card as soon as the next business day. Speedy Cash offers three types of Opt+® debit cards on which you can load funds. The Monthly Card is best for day-to-day purchases and comes with a monthly fee. The Direct Deposit Card is similar to the Monthly Card but allows you to receive your paycheck directly onto the card. The monthly fee for this card can be waived if you have direct deposit of more than $1,000 monthly. The Pay as You Go Card only costs you money when you use it. There are no ATM fees when you withdraw at a Speedy Cash location, and you can use them wherever Visa® is accepted.
- Line of credit. With an active line of credit, you don’t have to worry about the next time you need some extra money. The line of credit gives you great control over how you use funds up to an approved limit. While you have to make minimum monthly payments, you can also make extra payments at any time.
Benefits of taking out a Speedy Cash short-term loan
Here’s what you should know before applying:
- Quick process. The application doesn’t take much time to complete. If you apply in-store, you can expect funding in a matter of minutes. With online applications, Speedy Cash informs you about your application’s status almost immediately and then transfers funds into your bank account as soon as the following business day.
- Flexibility to use funds. Once you get access to your approved funds, you can use this money for anything, from paying utility or medical bills to tuition fees or simple budgetary shortfalls.
- Additional services. Speedy Cash offers more than just loans. These include wire transfers, check cashing, money orders, prepaid debit cards and cash for gold.
The costs of borrowing from Speedy Cash
After Speedy Cash lets you know of your application’s approval, you’ll be provided with loan documents that detail the loan’s terms and conditions as well as all applicable fees and charges. It’s in your best interest to review this document carefully before signing it so you know exactly how much you’ll be repaying before you commit.
The fees you have to pay depend on the state you live in and how much money you borrow. If you don’t pay the loan off in time, you could have to pay late charges and additional fees if you wish to refinance your loan. This may negatively affect your credit.
As with all short-term loans, make sure you have an ability to repay the full loan amount, including APR, before you borrow money. Extra fees can quickly add up, and you could find yourself in a spiral of bad debt if you don’t prepare.
- Speedy Cash charges additional fees for borrowers in Texas because it operates as a Credit Access Business (CAB) rather than a direct lender there. CAB fees vary depending on the type of loan you get.
Did you know? Speedy Cash offers prepaid debit card loans
If you live near a Speedy Cash store location, you could apply for a payday loan and have the funds loaded onto an Opt+® Visa® prepaid debit card as soon as the next business day. In some cases, you could see same-day funding for approved loans. You can use this card wherever Visa® is accepted.
Is it safe to take out a Speedy Cash loan?
Yes. Speedy Cash’s website is encrypted for security, so you can rest assured knowing that your personal information will have industry-level protection while you fill out an application. It is a member of the Community Financial Services Association of America (CFSA), which means it abides by certain transparency standards meant to make sure your borrowing experience is safe.
How to apply for a short-term loan from Speedy Cash
You can apply for a short-term loan by visiting a Speedy Cash location near you or online.
- You are at least 18 years old (varies by state)
- You are an American citizen or a permanent resident of the US
- You have a steady source of income
- You should have an operational checking account (for online applicants)
What information do I need to apply?
- Your name, home address, email address and phone number
- Your date of birth, Social Security number and government-issued ID
- Your employer’s name, address and phone number
- Details about your income
- Your bank account details (for online applicants)
Are payday loans available in my state?
Speedy Cash offers a variety of short-term loan options for borrowers, but that doesn’t mean it’s always the right decision. When you’re looking to take out a short-term loan, it might be best to see which lenders are most like Speedy Cash and browse our guide to short-term loans so you can make the right decision for your finances.