If you need access to money quickly, Speedy Cash could be the right option for you
If you find yourself in a financial emergency and don’t have access to credit, Speedy Cash provides loans when you need it. Whether you’re facing a late bill or simply a shortfall in your budget, Speedy Cash can help you make it to your next payday.
How does borrowing from Speedy Cash work?
Speedy Cash is among one of the fastest growing and largest providers of financial services in the US, Canada and the UK. It’s licensed in each state they operate as a direct lender that can process your application and fund your loan.
Apart from online payday loans, they offer installment loans and lines of credit. Its in-store services include title loans, prepaid debit cards, money orders, wire transfers, check cashing and cash for gold.
The loans Speedy Cash provides don’t involve a lengthy application process, and you don’t have to worry about applying if you have bad credit–Speedy Cash will still consider you for a loan.
What you can borrow from Speedy Cash
Speedy Cash has multiple loan options to suit whatever your needs may be.
- Payday loans. A payday loan is a short-term loan (typically $500 or less) that usually must be repaid within two to four weeks. Rules and regulations for payday loans vary by state.
- Installment loan. Unlike a payday loan that you have to repay in its entirety on your next payday, an installment loan gives you the ability to spread out your payments over a period of time.
- Auto title loan. You have to visit a Speedy Cash store to apply for an auto title loan since they will need to physically appraise your car. The amount you can borrow depends on the value of your car as well as your ability to make repayments.
- Prepaid debit cards. If you live near a Speedy Cash store location, you could apply for a payday loan and have the funds loaded onto a prepaid debit card as soon as the next business day. Speedy Cash offers three types of Opt+® debit cards on which you can load funds. The Monthly Card comes with a $8.95 monthly fee. The Direct Deposit Card allows you to put your paycheck directly onto the card and comes with a $5.95 fee, which can be waived if you have direct deposit of more than $1,000 monthly. The Pay as You Go Card only costs you money when you use it. There are no ATM fees for these cards, and you can use them wherever Visa® is accepted.
- Line of credit. With an active line of credit, you don’t have to worry about the next time you need some extra money. The line of credit gives you great control over how you use funds up to an approved limit. While you have to make minimum monthly payments, you can also make extra payments at any time.
How do Speedy Cash loans compare with other loans?
Check the websites of any providers you’re interested in to confirm they operate in your state of residence.
Why should you consider taking out a Speedy Cash short-term loan?
Here’s what you should know before applying:
- Quick process. The application doesn’t take much time to complete. If you apply in-store, you can expect funding in a matter of minutes. With online applications, Speedy Cash informs you about your application’s status almost immediately and then transfers funds into your bank account as soon as the following business day.
- Flexibility to use funds. Once you get access to your approved funds, you can use this money for anything, from paying utility or medical bills to tuition fees or simple budgetary shortfalls.
- Additional services. Speedy Cash offers more than just loans. These include wire transfers, check cashing, money orders, prepaid debit cards and cash for gold.
The costs of borrowing from Speedy Cash
After Speedy Cash lets you know of your application’s approval, you’ll be provided with loan documents that detail the loan’s terms and conditions as well as all applicable fees and charges. It is in your best interest to review this document carefully before signing it so you know exactly how much you’ll be repaying before you commit.
The fees you have to pay depend on the state you live in and how much money you borrow. If you don’t pay the loan off in time, you could have to pay late charges and additional fees if you wish to refinance your loan. This may negatively affect your credit.
As with all short-term loans, make sure you have an ability to repay the full loan amount, including APR, before you borrow money. Extra fees can quickly add up, and you could find yourself in a spiral of bad debt if you don’t prepare.
If you live near a Speedy Cash store location, you could apply for a payday loan and have the funds loaded onto an Opt+® Visa® prepaid debit card as soon as the next business day. You can use this card wherever Visa®is accepted.
Is it safe to take out a Speedy Cash loan?
Speedy Cash’s website is secure to use, so you can rest assured knowing your personal information will remain safe while you fill out an online application. It is licensed in every state it operates in and is a member of the CSFA, which means it abides by certain transparency standards meant to make sure your borrowing experience is safe.
How to apply for a short-term loan from Speedy Cash
You can apply for a Speedy Cash short-term loan in-store or online as long as you meet these eligibility criteria:
- You are at least 18 years old (varies by state)
- You are an American citizen or a permanent resident of the US
- You have a steady source of income
- You should have an operational checking account (for online applicants)
In order to complete the application successfully, you’ll have to provide some basic information:
- Your name, home address, email address and phone number
- Your date of birth, Social Security number and government-issued ID
- Your employer’s name, address and phone number
- Details about your income
- Your bank account details (for online applicants)
Are payday loans available in my state?
Compare short-term loans in your state
Frequently asked questions
How quickly can I get access to approved funds?
How quickly you’ll receive your approved funds depends on when you applied and your selected method of receiving the funds. If you selected to have funds transferred into your bank account, this could be completed as soon as the next business day. If you use a prepaid debit card, you could receive funds that same day of approval. You could also visit a Speedy Cash store to collect cash immediately after approval.
How do I repay the loan?
If you apply in-store, you can provide a post-dated check for the amount in question or provide your bank account details for a direct debit. For online loans, you have to provide your checking account details for direct debit of the payment on the due date.
Can I apply if I have bad credit history?
Speedy Cash accepts applications from individuals who have bad credit and analyzes your statements to assess your ability to repay.
What is the maximum amount I can borrow?
The maximum you can borrow depends on where you live and your ability to repay. Check Speedy Cash’s website to determine what you qualify for.
What happens if I can’t pay the loan off by the due date?
You may incur additional charges and negatively impact your credit score. If you live in a state where refinancing is legal, you may be able to refinance your loan for an additional term. This means you will pay the accumulated fees on the due date but not the principal, which will rollover to a new date. You will be charged fees for this process and for the loan in general, so be careful when considering this option as it can cause a cycle of bad debt.