Here is the loan that offers you more than you need. Exceed your expectations.
When you join SoFi, you’re joining a community of over 275,000 members, and the company has collectively saved borrowers around $1.45 billion. SoFi’s personal loans are targeted toward recent college graduates with a decent income. As a whole, SoFi offers a variety of loan services, community events and professional guidance, in addition to personal loans.
|Product Name||SoFi Personal Loan Fixed Rate (with Autopay)|
|Min Loan Amount||$5,000|
|Max. Loan Amount||$100,000|
|Interest Rate Type||Fixed|
|Minimum Loan Term||3 years|
|Maximum Loan Term||7 years|
|Requirements||You must be a US citizen or permanent resident, and 18 years or older.|
- You must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- You must be at least the age of majority in your state.
- You must be employed, have sufficient income from other sources, or have an offer of employment to start within the next 90 days.
First, do I qualify?
You should have a good to excellent credit score when applying for a SoFi loan. In addition, you must be a US citizen or permanent resident, at least the age of majority in your state and be employed (or have pending employment starting within 90 days).
How does a personal loan through SoFi work?
SoFi provides a way to get personal loans without fees or hassle. The process is simple. You first find your rate, and get pre-approved online. From there, you apply and select the loan that works best for your financial situation. Then, you simply sign electronically, talk with a SoFi agent over the phone and your funds are wired to your account within a few days.
When you enroll in SoFi’s AutoPay program, you will qualify for a discounted APR, and your monthly interest and principal payments will be automatically deducted from your savings or checking account. If you don’t want to pay automatically, or online, you can also mail a paper check or use bill pay through your bank.
Why should I consider SoFi for a personal loan?
- No fees. You don’t have to worry about late fees, origination, closing or prepayment fees when you get a personal loan with SoFi.
- Online application. Applying is simple, and only takes minutes. SoFi conducts a soft credit pull when you apply. Once your application is processed and you are approved for a loan, you can get funding in as soon as a few days.
- Coapplicants allowed. As of April 2018, you can apply jointly with another member of your household to help you up your chances of getting approved for a competitive rate. You’ll both share the responsibility of paying it back.
- Online calculator. You can utilize the estimation calculators on SoFi’s website to see how different rates could affect your monthly payment.
- Customer service. If you have questions, you can call SoFi or ping them on social media, 7 days a week.
- State availability. Services are available in 48 states plus the District of Columbia. You cannot get a personal loan with SoFi if you are a resident of Nevada or Mississippi.
- Career coaching. The company wants you to financially succeed, and provides free career coaching and unemployment protection.
- Community events. SoFi organizes member events and happy hours so you can meet and get to know other members.
Compare SoFi to other top online loan providers
How much will I pay for a personal loan with SoFi?
The APR you are offered will be based on a variety of factors including your income, credit history and professional experience. Make sure to confirm that the rate offered fits your needs. These rates can be fixed or variable, and deciding on an interest type is completely up to you.
If you enroll in AutoPay, you can receive a discount on your interest rate. With the discount, fixed rates run from 6.199%-15.365%, whereas variable rates are from 6.145%-14.685%.
Origination, early repayment and closing are all without additional cost.
Pros and cons of a SoFi personal loan
- Offers credit counseling.
- No fees.
- Fast and easy application.
- Requires a higher credit score.
How to apply for a SoFi personal loan
- You must be a US citizen, a permanent resident or in the US.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must have a valid bank account.
Personal loans are not available to residents of Mississippi.
You’ll want to have the following information on-hand before you apply:
- Your name, contact information and date of birth.
- How much you want to borrow and the purpose of the loan.
- Your credit score range.
- Your annual individual income.
If you are looking for a personal loan that has low rates, and fixed monthly payments to help you pay off high-interest debt, SoFi Personal Loan may be an ideal solution. Before choosing SoFi, be sure to explore other personal loan options.