This is a premier card for Mercedes Benz enthusiasts who still want all the standard benefits that come with Amex. In addition to generous Mercedes-themed rebates, you can enjoy a welcome bonus, a point rebate system and the perks of premium membership.
- 0% intro APR for 6 months. After the intro period, the APR reverts to a variable rate (currently 16.49%).
- Many perks for the Mercedes-Benz enthusiast. This includes 5x Membership Rewards points on eligible Mercedes-Benz purchases, a $500 annual certificate toward a new Mercedes-Benz and up to 1,000 miles waived at the end of your lease through Mercedes-Benz Financial Services.
You’ll also like …
- $50 certificate at card renewal, good toward Mercedes-Benz accessories.
- 3x points for gas purchases.
- x points at restaurants.
- Return protection, roadside assistance hotline and express shipping through third parties.
What to watch out for
Take care with American Express’ aggressive credit offerings. While the card is a good deal if used responsibly, it comes with severe penalties and interest rates for late or returned payments.
- Annual fee. You’ll pay $95 a year to use this card.
- It hurts to pay late. Making late or returned payments could saddle you with a penalty APR as high as 29.99% fixed. You could also pay late and returned-payment fees as high as $38.
Compare other American Express credit cards
What should I know before I apply?
To apply for the Mercedes-Benz Credit Card by American Express, you must be:
- At least 18 years old.
- A legal resident of the US.
You’ll need to submit personal and financial information that includes:
- Your full name and personal contact information.
- Proof of stable employment.
- Your date of birth and Social Security number.
What credit score do I need?
You’ll have a better chance of being approved for the Mercedes-Benz Credit Card by American Express if you apply with an excellent credit score of 670 or higher. The average approved credit score is 715.
How to apply for the card
1. Locate the Mercedes-Benz Credit Card on the American Express website and click Apply Now.
2. Complete the application and click Continue.
3. Agree to the terms by clicking Agree & Submit Application.
How long will it take to be approved?
Because conditional credit approval is automated on the website, you may get a decision on your application within 60 seconds.
I got the card. Now what?
- Making payments. Register your account with American Express to pay your balance online.
- Setting up automatic payments. Never miss another payment again by enrolling in autopay.
- Avoiding interest payments. At the close of each billing cycle, you have a grace period of 25 days to pay your balance. If you do, you won’t pay interest on your purchases.
- Avoiding fees. Late and returned payments come with hefty fees of up to $38. Balance transfers and cash advances also come with fees.
- Customer service. According to J.D. Power, cardholders give American Express high marks in customer service. Contact them my using the online chat or call at
Leah Fallon is an editor for Finder. With 10 years of teaching English under her belt, it was a natural progression to move into editorial. She's written feature pieces for regional print and digital media and today helps fix annoying apostrophes, elusive infinitives and the muddled em and en dash. When she's not helping people with their finances, you can find her exploring the trails of Loudoun County, Virginia and wrangling her two sprightly girls.
Do you see yourself driving a Mercedes-Benz someday? The car company and American Express have partnered up to offer a credit card designed with you in mind.
This card offers premium rewards that could expand your current ownership experience or help you acquire a new Mercedes.
Unlike other cobranded cards, the Mercedes-Benz card’s points can also be used toward travel and shopping.