Put cash in your pocket and check your credit score with this no-fee card.
- Get this card if… you want to earn cash back without paying an annual fee.
- Pick something else if…you want a card with a lower variable APR.
- Good to excellent credit score of 690 to 850 recommended.
A no-fee card with an intro 0% APR for 14 months from date of account opening, the Discover it Credit Card offers 5% cash back in specific categories and 1% cash back on everything else.
|Product Name||Discover it® Card|
|Intro APR for Balance Transfer||0% Intro APR for 14 months from date of first transfer (with per transfer, 3% balance transfer fee)|
|Balance Transfer Rate (not intro)||12.24% to 24.24% variable|
|APR for Purchases ( Purchase Rate )||12.24% to 24.24% variable|
|Cash Advance Rate||26.24% variable|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 25 days|
|Returned Payment Fee||$37|
|Minimum Credit Score||Fair (660-699)|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Returned Payment Fee||$37|
|Late Payment Fee||$37|
|Cash Advance Fee||$10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater|
- No annual fee. Use this card for everyday spending with no annual fee.
- 5% cash back in select categories. Cash back categories rotate quarterly and include Amazon, restaurants, wholesale clubs and more. Plus, you’ll earn 1% cash back on everyday purchases.
- Free FICO Credit Score.It’s easy to keep track of your credit score with monthly updates on your statement.
You’ll also like…
- Intro 0% APR. Pay no interest on your purchases for a full 14 months from date of account opening.
- Late payment leniency. You won’t suffer fees or a penalty APR for your first late payment.
- Fraud protection. Sign up for alerts when any new card, mortgage, loan or other account shows up on your Experian credit report. Plus, you won’t be held responsible for any fraudulent charges if your card is stolen.
What to watch out for
- Card limits. Users complain that they’ve found their credit limit lowered without reasonable justification — and that once it’s lowered, it’s hard to revert it.
Consider other cards if…
- You want more cash back. Discover’s cash back is ideal when you spend in its select quarterly categories. If you don’t eat out, buy from Amazon or spend at wholesalers often, you might not save as much as you wish.
What to know before you apply
Consider applying for the Discover it Card if you’re.
- At least 18 years old.
- A resident of the US.
Always consider your options and your financial situation before you apply for a credit card.
What credit score do I need?
You have a better chance of application approval with a credit score of 680 or higher.
How to apply for the card
1. Go to Discover’s site. Hover over the Credit Cards tab, and click Discover it Card.
2. Click Apply Now.
3. Complete the application with your name, address, income and employer.
4. Continue through the rest of the application, confirm your information and submit.
How long will it take to be approved?
It can take up to 30 days for Discover to come to an application decision. Some customers report hearing back after a couple of weeks. Expect 7 to 10 days for you to receive the card once you’re approved.
I got the card. Now what?
- Avoid interest. Take full advantage of the 0% APR by paying off all outstanding balances from purchases and balance transfers before before it expires in 14 months from date of account opening.
- Customer service. For support, call 1-800-347-2683 or chat with a representative online. Or connect on Twitter @Discover or on Facebook @Discover.
If you spend within the rotating quarterly 5% cash back categories, the no-fee Discover it credit card could be well worth your time.