Get a Prosper personal loan through a transparent online application process with no hidden fees.
Prosper is the pioneer of peer-to-peer lending in the US. It has over two million members and has funded loans in excess of $5 billion. Like other peer-to-peer lenders, Prosper lets individuals invest in others looking for loans. Borrowers can take out loans for amounts between $2,000 to $35,000.
|Product Name||Prosper Personal Loan|
|Min Loan Amount||$2,000|
|Max. Loan Amount||$35,000|
|Min APR||From 5.99%|
|Minimum Loan Term||3 years|
|Maximum Loan Term||5 years|
|Requirements||Must be 18+ years old, an American citizen or US permanent resident and have a 640+ credit score.|
Do you qualify?
Prosper requires applicants to have a minimum credit score of 640, be age 18 or older and a US citizen or permanent resident.
What can you use a Prosper personal loan for?
- Debt consolidation. If you have existing loans that charge high interest rates you can consider getting them under a single umbrella through a fixed-rate Prosper debt consolidation loan. This can lead to savings on interest charges, and you no longer have to worry about keeping track of multiple payments. You can use this loan to consolidate debts from other loans as well as credit cards.
- Small business. Personal loans that Prosper provides to small business owners are not traditional business loans, as they are issued to you as an individual, and not in the name of your business. You can apply for this kind of loan for a new business or one that’s already established.
- Home improvement. A home equity loan is not always an option when it comes to funding home improvements. Luckily, home equity loans aren’t your only option, you can also consider getting an unsecured Prosper home improvement loan. You can use proceeds from this loan for repairs, remodeling, adding new furniture or buying new appliances.
- Special occasion. Prosper provides personal loans for special occasions such as milestone birthdays, graduation celebrations, weddings and retirement parties. By taking out a loan with Prosper instead of using a credit card, you could potentially avoid much higher interest rates.
- Much more. Prosper also provides loans for a variety of other purposes, including medical bills and other large purchases.
What are the benefits of a Prosper personal loan?
If you’re considering getting a Prosper personal loan, these are the main features:
- Two loan terms to choose from. Prosper offers both a three and five-year fixed loan term.
- Credit score based APR. The annual percentage rate (APR) you have to pay depends on your credit score, so if you have an excellent credit score you can expect to pay a low APR. The APRs of Prosper personal loans vary from 5.99% to .
- Varied loan amount. Prosper lets you borrow any amount from $2,000 to $35,000. You start the process by creating a borrower listing that lenders can then invest in. You’ll need to get enough lenders to invest in your listing to receive 100% of the required money.
- Get money for different purposes. You can get a personal loan through Prosper for different reasons including debt consolidation, home improvement, buying a car, buying a motorcycle, paying for medical or dental treatment, making a large purchase, getting married or going on a vacation.
- Making additional payments. You can choose to make additional payments at any time, and you don’t have to pay any extra fees for doing this. Paying off your loan ahead of time does not attract any penalties.
- Online account management. You can track the progress of your loan at any time by logging into the Prosper online account management system.
- Account security. Prosper stores all its borrowers’ sensitive personal and financial information in highly secure state-of-the-art data centers that make use of the latest in web filtering, anti-spam, antivirus, VPN and firewall technologies. The website makes use of automatic session timeouts to minimize the risk of unauthorized access to your account.
What consumers are saying about Prosper on Trustpilot
Prosper has received a rating of “Great” on Trustpilot with 7.3 out of 10, across 49 reviews.
How can you apply for a personal loan from Prosper?
You can apply for a Prosper personal loan by clicking the “Go to Site” button on this page to be directed to Prosper’s website. The application is completely transparent, and you can check your rate with a simple one-page form.
Completing the application requires you to provide the following information:
- Your name, home address and email address
- Your date of birth and tax file number
- A valid form of ID like a driver’s license or a passport
- Your employment status, employer’s name and employer’s contact details
- Details about your income
Are you eligible for a Prosper loan?
To apply, you have to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You have a FICO credit score of at least 640
- You are over 18 years of age
- You are an American citizen or a permanent resident of the US
Investing in loans through Prosper
If you’re interested in investing, funding loans through peer-to-peer lending may be a viable option. With Prosper you can invest as little as $25 in a loan, allowing you to diversify your investments further.
When you invest with Prosper, you get to choose the loans you want to invest in. There is a clear rating system provided, which ranges from AA (low risk) to HR (higher risk). The lower risk loans will have lower returns, and vice versa.
With estimated returns of 8.04% on average, Prosper has a platform with successful investors and an easy-to-use system that puts you in control. If you’re ready to invest with Prosper, simply click “Go to Site”, head over to the “Invest” tab, and sign up. Any monthly returns you earn will be deposited directly into your account.
Frequently asked questions
What exactly is peer-to-peer lending?
Peer-to-peer lending is a system of lending in which borrowers are matched with individuals who are willing to invest in their loan. Rather than getting money from a bank or other traditional financial institution, you’re being funded by your peers.
Can I repay a Prosper loan early?
Yes. You can make early repayments without any penalties or fees.
Can I use a Prosper loan to start my business?
Because loans from Prosper are personal loans, issued to you as an individual, they can potentially be used to start your own business. As an unsecured personal loan, it doesn’t need to use your business assets (or potential business assets) as collateral, and instead relies upon your ability to repay, credit score and other factors to determine if you’re eligible.
What types of institutions can become lenders on Prosper?
Pension funds, hedge funds, nonprofit and for-profit corporations, trusts and many more can all become lenders on prosper.
Are Notes originated on Prosper transferable?
Yes, Prosper partners with FOLIOfn Investments, Inc. to allow investors to buy and sell Notes.
How can our company track and account for a loan portfolio on Prosper?
Prosper provides monthly and yearly electronic statements so investors always have access to their complete payment history.