Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Promo Codes FAQ | What you need to know to save money shopping online
Your guide on how to use promo codes to save you the big bucks.
Looking for a bargain? You’ve come to the right place. We’re experts in saving you heaps when you shop online, and one of our biggest tips to doing that is by using promo codes. If you’ve never used them before, here’s a quick overview of what you need to know to start getting more bang for your buck.
What are promo codes?
Promo codes are codes that you can use to get a discount on a certain item or on your order. They can also be called:
- Promotional codes
- Coupon codes
- Discount codes
- Discount vouchers
How do I use my promo code?
How you can redeem your promo code will be different for every retailer. Usually you’ll find an option to ‘use’ or ‘redeem’ your code during the payment process. You will usually be asked to enter your coupon code during the checkout stage. Keep an eye out for it – some stores will try to hide this step! There will usually be a box that looks like this:
If you can’t find where to enter your promotion code, take a look at our coupon code page for that particular brand. We’ve provided step by step instructions on how to use your code with each retailer.
Why isn’t my promo code working?
Is your promo code coming back as ‘invalid’? It might just be a simple typing error. Other reasons why your code might not be working include:
- It’s expired: Many promo codes are only valid for a limited time period. These dates are usually stated in their terms and conditions, so if you’re trying to redeem them past their due, they won’t work.
- Exclusions apply: Some codes won’t work for certain brands or for sale stock. The details on what is excluded are usually stated in the terms and conditions.
- It’s case sensitive: Although usually not a problem, some codes may be case sensitive. To avoid this, always copy and paste the codes from us before using them.
- Your location: Some merchants geo-restrict their codes, which means it might only be valid in a certain country.
- The code hasn’t been activated properly: If in doubt, it’s always good to call the retailer up if a code isn’t working. Sometimes they haven’t properly activated the code on their end, and they’re usually quite nice about fixing it up for you then and there. After all, they want you to shop with them!
Are there any active codes at the moment?
If you see a code on our of our pages, the answer is: yes! We offer the best promo codes for your shopping needs that actually WORK. If there are no active codes, we will tell you there are none at the moment. Simple as that. (But rest assured, we’ll be working to rectify that situation.)
Want to see what codes and deals are available RIGHT NOW? Click here to find out:
Where can I find coupon codes?
Right at finder.com! As your expert coupon code hunters, we source the best codes and deals available to you online. Aside from us, you can also find coupon codes on the merchant’s website.
Can I use two promotional codes on the same order?
Sometimes you find two amazing deals, for example: 60% off your order and free shipping. Some retailers will allow you to use both. Most, however, will limit you to using only one promotional code per order. Our advice? Test them all and choose the one that saves you the most.
What types of promo codes are there?
Promo codes fall into four basic categories:
- A percentage offer: This is where codes offer you a certain percentage off your shop.
- A $$ off offer: This is where the code will snip a specific dollar amount off your shop.
- A delivery offer: Where a code throws in delivery of your item/s for free.
- Free products: Sometimes you’ll get something extra thrown in with your order
What are your best codes currently available?
Glad you asked! They’re all right here.
Popular US - Top Deals - US Shopping coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|27 Aug 2020||20% off orders totaling $600 or more||GOO****|
|21 Aug 2020||Save 10% on your entire order of masks and PPE||FIN****|
|25 Aug 2020||Save 10% on your next PPE order||FIN****|
|19 Aug 2020||Save 25% on best-selling flowers and gifts||FLW****|
|4 Mar 2020||$25 off sitewide||EYE****|
More guides on Finder
How to shop safely and securely online
Here’s what you need to know when it comes to safe online shopping – from picking secure websites to avoiding possible ripoffs.
How does Mr. Rebates work?
Earn cashback at stores you likely already purchase from.
PatPat promo codes
Promo codes, deals and discounts on PatPat clothes for kids and moms, home goods and more.
Lululemon Boxing Day sales 2020
Score savings on the season’s hottest athleisure trends with the Boxing Day sales from Lululemon.
What is DeFi? Beginner’s guide to decentralized finance
Confused about DeFi? Find out how it works in this easy-to-read guide.
What you need to know about loan forbearance during COVID-19
This financial hardship option can help when deferment isn’t an option, but it will cost you.
You can now shop Sephora directly through Instagram — here’s what to know
You can now shop from your feed — but Beauty Insiders may want to stick to their browser.
Debt solutions network debt relief review
Debt Solutions Network claims to save you up to 70% — but limited information is available online.
What you need to know before you defer your loan repayments during COVID-19
Deferring repayments can ease financial strain right now, but it will cost you in the long run.
Face masks: Everything you need to know
Face mask news and where to buy during COVID-19. Find in stock sellers, state requirements, how to make them, wear them and more.
Ask an Expert