Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Luxury Card Mastercard® Black Card™ vs The Platinum Card® from American Express
Both are premium travel cards, but one is far and away the better choice.
Updated . What changed?
Summary of card features
Luxury Card Mastercard® Black Card™
- Global Entry application fee credit.
- Luxury gifts.
- Rewards program.
- Airline credit.
The Platinum Card® from American Express
- Membership reward points. Earn 5x points on flights and prepaid hotels booked directly through Amex Travel. Starting January 1, 2021, your 5x points on flights will be capped on up to $500,000 annually (then 1x points).
- You can use your points toward gift cards, travel rewards, statement credit and more. If you redeem these points for the highest valued rewards, you'll get 5% back. On all other eligible purchases, you'll earn 1x points.
- Welcome offer. Get 60,000 membership rewards points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of card membership. That's up to $1,200 worth of rewards when transferred to travel partners.
- Airline fee credit. Select a qualifying airline and receive a $200 airline fee credit each year to cover incidental charges, such as checked bags or in-flight purchases.
Compare premium credit cards
More guides on Finder
Bellwether Smart Cash Card review
Earn flat 1.5% cashback on all purchases or save money with balance transfers.
Applied Bank® Unsecured Classic Visa® Card review
Build your credit with this unsecured credit card.
Wyndham Rewards® Earner℠ Plus Card review
Earn rewards on your Wyndham purchases and get complimentary elite status.
Bask Bank Savings review
American Airlines loyals can earn free miles with this savings account.
Sally Beauty Rewards Credit Card review
Earn rewards on your Sally Beauty purchases and redeem them for store coupons.
cred.ai Visa card review
A no-annual-fee card with tools to protect your funds and build credit.
Bellwether Smart Rate Card review
Get a balance transfer offer and potentially low-interest rates with this credit-builder card.
Nationwide Direct Checking account review
Get free online banking if you use direct deposit, but with debit card transaction limits.
Which credit cards have gotten better during COVID-19?
Earn more rewards on select categories or get an extension of some travel perks.
BMW MINI Card review
A decent rewards card for MINI and BMW fans.
Ask an Expert