We value our editorial independence, basing our comparison results, content and reviews on objective analysis without bias. But we may receive compensation when you click links on our site. Learn more about how we make money from our partners.
How to cancel Netflix
A step-by-step guide to canceling your account.
Streaming services don’t always make their cancellation procedures clear. Thankfully, you can cancel your Netflix subscription with little hassle.
Canceling your Netflix account
- Sign in to Netflix.
- Click the down arrow at the top right of the page, next to your profile name.
- Select the Account section.
- Under Membership and billing, click the gray Cancel membership box.
- Click Finish cancellation to confirm you want to cancel.
And there you have it: You’re now unsubscribed from Netflix. You can use your Netflix account until the end of your current billing period or free trial.
Consider a streaming alternative
- Stream Live TV channels
- Hulu Originals
- Full seasons of current and classic shows anytime, anywhere
Our top pick: Hulu
Watch hundreds of your favorite shows with a free Hulu + Live TV trial.
- $44.99/month with first week free
- Stream over 60 news, sports and entertainment channels live
- Record 50 hours of live TV with Cloud DVR service
- Unlimited access to Hulu’s full content library
VIDEO: Step-by-step instructions for canceling Netflix
Watch our step-by-step video tutorial to canceling your Netflix account.
Compare streaming services
Ask an Expert