American Express started in 1850, and is headquartered in New York, New York. It is a well-known and reputable financial servicer, and the company teamed up with Hilton to create the Hilton HHonors Card from American Express. The Hilton HHonors Card from American Express is a credit card that is part of the Hilton HHonors loyalty program. With the card, you can get a decision after applying sometimes in as little as 60 seconds.
|Product Name||Hilton Honors™ Card from American Express|
|Card Type||American Express|
|APR (Annual Percentage Rate) for Purchases||17.49% to 26.49% variable|
|Cash Advance Rate||26.99% variable|
|Cash Advance Fee||$5 or 3% of the cash advance amount, whichever is greater|
|Foreign Transaction Fee||None|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 25 days|
|Late Payment Fee||$38|
|Returned Payment Fee||$38|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Welcome Bonus||Earn 50,000 points after spending $1,000 in the first 3 months|
|Reward Value per Dollar||3 points|
|Rewards Points Expiry||Never|
Hilton Honors™ Card from American Express Review
If you frequently stay in Hilton Portfolio resorts and hotels, the Hilton HHonors Card from American Express could be a way for you to earn rewards as you spend. The card includes a number of travel, shopping, and entertainment benefits–all without charging an annual fee.
With the card, you can earn 7X the amount of Hilton HHonors bonus points per dollar you spend with a Hilton Portfolio hotel or resort. For each dollar spent on U.S. restaurants, U.S. supermarkets, and U.S gas stations, you can earn 5X the bonus points. All other eligible purchases receive 3X Hilton HHonors bonus points.
Purchase and balance transfer APR ranges from 17.49% to 26.49% variable, and cardholders instantly achieve Hilton HHonors Silver Status.
Benefits of the Hilton Honors™ Card from American Express
- Quick decision. You can get a decision sometimes in as little as 60 seconds.
- Signup bonus. If you spend $1,000 in purchases within the first three months of opening the account, you will earn 50,000 Hilton HHonors bonus points.
- Annual fee. There is no annual fee to maintain the Hilton HHonors Card from American Express.
- Silver status. As a cardholder, you will earn complimentary HHonors Silver status. If you spend $20,000 on eligible purchases in a year with your card, you can earn HHonors Gold Status.
- Secure. The card is installed with smart chip technology for added security.
- Rewards. You can earn various amounts of bonus points depending on what kind of purchase you make.
- Shopping features. You can enjoy purchase protection, dispute resolution assistance, and return protection for items that you return within 90 days. If the merchant won’t take back the item in the 90 days, American Express may refund the purchase amount; Return protection covers up to $300 per item, with a maximum of $1,000 per calendar year.
- Extended warranty. The card extends the manufacturer’s warranty on your eligible purchases, and applies to warranties that are five years or less.
- Entertainment access. As a cardmember, you will have access to ticket presales, card member-only events, broadway shows, concerts, tours, sporting events, and more.
- Reserving a room. When you use your Hilton HHonors Card from American Express to book your reservation and pay for your stay, you will earn 500 bonus points.
- Travel benefits. As a cardholder, you can enjoy a Baggage Insurance Plan that covers eligible lost, damaged, or stolen baggage. The card includes Roadside Assistance Hotline access, and Car Rental Loss and Damage Insurance. Additionally, you can enjoy a Global Assist Hotline, and Travel Accident Insurance that can provide coverage for accidental death and dismemberment while traveling.
- APR. The APR rate for both balance transfers and purchases varies with the market, and is based on the Prime Rate. You can expect an APR of 17.49% to 26.49% variable, based on your creditworthiness.
- Penalty APR. If you have a late or returned payment, a penalty APR up to 29.99% variable may be applied to your account.
- Penalty fees. For late and returned payments, you could accrue a fee up to$38. There are no overlimit fees.
- Transaction fees. For cash advances and balance transfers, you can expect a $5 fee, or a fee that is 0% of the transaction amount (whichever is more).
How to apply for the Hilton HHonors Reserve Card
Applying for this card is easy, and requires applicants to meet the following eligibility requirements:
- US citizen
- At least 18 years old
You can apply online, and the following information and documentation is required:
Required documents & information:
- Full name
- Residential address
- Phone number
- Social security number
- Financial information (i.e. annual income)
- Email address
If you frequently stay at Hilton Portfolio hotels, and are looking for a way to earn HHonors bonus points, the Hilton HHonors Card from American Express could be a helpful solution. Before choosing the Hilton HHonors Card from American Express, be sure to compare it with other credit card options.