The sustainable meal kit for people with special dietary needs.
Grocery shopping for special diets like keto, paleo and vegan can be expensive and time-consuming — not to mention the time it takes to meal plan, prep and cook. With GreenChef, fresh ingredients you’ll need to cook healthy, delicious meals come right to your door, ready to prepare and enjoy.
- Keto, paleo and plant-based options. GreenChef caters to special diets, including these hard-to-find options.
- Sustainable practices. This company is committed to reducing its carbon footprint, sourcing from sustainable farms and participating in other green practices.
- Gluten-free and organic certifications. This brand holds a gluten-free certification through the Gluten Intolerance Group’s Gluten-Free Food Service program, as well as USDA organic certification.
- Can be expensive. Keto and paleo meal plans can be on the pricey side, especially for larger servings.
How does it work?
Choose your preferred meal types and weekly recipes — GreenChef sends you everything you need to cook your meals each week. Ingredients come pre-portioned to minimize prep time, and most recipes take around 30 minutes to cook.
To get started:
- Head to GreenChef's website and choose your meal plan and number of servings.
- Complete the checkout process.
- Choose your recipes for the week.
When your box arrives, you’ll have everything you need to get cooking.
Box size and pricing options
GreenChef currently offers the largest selection of meal boxes for special dietary needs. Choose the plan that fits your diet and family size, then customize your recipes each week.
Pricing varies by the type and size of box you choose, as outlined here. Note that these prices do not include shipping and handling charges added to each weekly order.
Shipping, payments and cancellations
Can I get free delivery?
No — only during special promotional periods that may offer free shipping on your first box. Otherwise, expect to pay $7.99 for shipping and handling each week.
GreenChef accepts all major credit cards and PayPal. Your original payment method will automatically be charged for each weekly delivery, unless you pause or cancel your subscription before the cut-off date.
Can I skip weeks with GreenChef?
Yes. You can skip a week any time, but update your account at least seven days before your next scheduled delivery to avoid being billed for another box.
To skip a delivery week with GreenChef:
- Log into your GreenChef account and click Your Plan.
- Select the week that you’d like to skip, then click Edit Order.
- Choose Skip Order from the dropdown menu.
- A pop-up will ask you to confirm. Click Skip Order.
How do I cancel my subscription?
To cancel your GreenChef subscription:
- Log into your account, then go to Account Info.
- Scroll down and click Cancel Subscription.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete cancellation.
All cancellation and skip requests must be completed by 11:59 p.m. PST at least seven days before your next scheduled delivery.
What sets GreenChef apart?
GreenChef is one of the only meal subscription boxes that offers keto, paleo, vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free options.
Even better still, the company is committed to green practices like:
- Offsetting 100% of its direct carbon emissions and plastic packaging
- Using recyclable packaging, including ClimaCell, a curbside recyclable insulation
- Delivering USDA-certified organic ingredients
- Sourcing animal proteins from facilities with high animal welfare standards
- Partnering with leading sustainability organizations like Sustainable Packaging Coalition, PlasticBank, US EPA Certified SmartWay and more
GreenChef vs. competitors
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
GreenChef has lots of unique qualities that make it stand out from the pack — like its variety of boxes for special diets and its numerous sustainable practices. Plus, you can snap up a plant-based subscription box for under $10 a serving.
But if you’re cooking keto or paleo meals for a family, this box could get pricey.Try GreenChef now
Still on the fence? Compare other meal delivery options to find the best one for your dietary needs and budget.