Gemini Credit Card Review
This is the second credit card to offer cryptocurrency as a reward on purchases
- Get this card if you want to buy bitcoin or eligible crypto through Gemini as credit card rewards.
- Pick another card if you want a traditional rewards card that earns points, cash back or miles.
- Apply with a good to excellent credit score of 670 or higher.
Up to 3%
APR details not yet released
Recommended credit score
Steven Dashiell is a writer at Finder specializing in all things credit cards. With more than 300 articles under his belt, he aims to help readers embrace credit cards and maximize their rewards. Steve is studying to become a Certified Educator in Personal Finance, and is a frequent face on Finder’s YouTube channel, offering the latest in credit card hacks and advice. His expertise has been featured on numerous outlets, including U.S. News & World Report, Time, CBS, Fox Business, Lifehacker, Martha Stewart Living and more.
When the Gemini Credit Card launches, you’ll earn 3% back on dining, 2% back on groceries and 1% back on all other purchases in the form of your selected eligible cryptocurrency. It requires no annual fee and pays out your crypto rewards at the time of purchase.
While details on the card’s rates and fees aren’t available yet, the Gemini Credit Card already sounds stronger than its main competitor, the BlockFi Bitcoin Rewards Credit Card. The Gemini Credit Card can earn up to double the rewards of the BlockFi card and you aren’t limited to just bitcoin – you can choose any cryptocurrency available on Gemini for your crypto rewards. This makes it a much more flexible card for diversifying your crypto holdings.
Unfortunately, we can’t truly compare the two cards yet as many of the Gemini card details haven’t been revealed, including the APR and assorted fees. It’s also not yet clear if the card will carry additional perks associated with crypto trading, similar to those offered by the BlockFi card. But even with the limited information we have, it seems the Gemini Credit Card might be even stronger than the BlockFi Bitcoin Rewards Credit Card.
How to apply for the Gemini Credit Card
While the Gemini Credit Card isn’t yet available, you can still sign up for the waitlist.
- Go to the Gemini website.
- Scroll down until you see the Gemini Credit Card and click Join waitlist.
- Click Join waitlist at the upper right hand corner of the screen.
- Enter your email address and click Join waitlist.
What credit score do I need?
You’ll want a good to excellent credit score of 670 or higher to qualify for the Gemini Credit Card.
Gemini Credit Card benefits
- Earn cryptocurrency. Earn 3% back on dining, 2% back on groceries and 1% back on all other purchases. You can choose to earn your rewards as any cryptocurrency currently available through Gemini. Your crypto rewards are posted to your account immediately.
- No annual fee. You won’t pay an annual fee to use the Gemini Credit Card.
- Instant access. You can access and use your Gemini Credit Card account number as soon as you’re approved.
- World Mastercard. The Gemini Credit Card is a World Mastercard and receives the benefits associated with such cards. This includes perks like exclusive offers with merchants such as DoorDash and Lyft, as well as price protection and ID theft protection.
Gemini Credit Card drawbacks
- Rates and fees not yet known. Several card details, including the APR and fees, aren’t yet available.
Additional perks unknown. Gemini hasn’t yet mentioned if the card will feature additional crypto perks, such as bonuses on trading.
Compare Gemini Credit Card with other no annual fee cards
Use the table below to see other no annual fee cards to compare with.
The Gemini Credit Card is already making an impressive showing with its high earning rate and ability to earn more than one type of cryptocurrency. It could very well end up the premier credit card choice for earning crypto rewards on purchases. We’ll update this review as more information becomes available.