TD Bank offers a smaller pool of credit cards compared to some of its competitors. This makes it easy to compare all TD bank credit cards available and find the one that best fits your financial needs. Here’s the card lineup and how to choose and apply for the right one for you.
- Visit the TD Bank website and navigate to the credit cards page.
- When you find the right card, select Apply now.
- Answer whether you’re an existing TD Bank customer.
- Complete the application form with information such as your full name, contact information, Social Security number, occupation and annual income.
- Review your information and submit your application.
You can also visit your local TD Bank branch or call a TD Bank banking specialist at 888-751-9000.
Before you apply, you’ll need to make sure you meet this eligibility criteria:
- You’re a US citizen or permanent resident of the US
- You have a current US street address
- You have a US Social Security number
- You’re at least 18 years of age
TD Bank pulls your Experian credit score when evaluating your application, according to a TD Bank representative we spoke to.
How many TD Bank cards can I have?
According to a TD Bank representative we spoke to, there’s no limit to the number of cards you can have from the issuer — you can even apply for more than one card at once.
TD Bank offers a straightforward collection of credit cards with to-the-point rewards and few frills. You’ll find some TD Bank credit cards with no annual fee and others with intro annual fees. You’ll find some TD Bank credit cards without foreign transaction fees and other travel benefits. That said, many TD Bank credit cards offer a few common perks:
- Replaceable cards. Visit your nearest TD Bank to receive an immediate replacement card if your card is ever lost or stolen.
- Visa Zero Liability. Most TD Bank credit cards come with Visa Zero Liability protection. You’ll have Visa security on your purchases as well as protection against unauthorized charges on your account.
- Chip protection. All TD Bank cards are equipped with a chip for security and greater accessibility abroad.
- Digital wallet. Add your TD Bank credit card to your mobile device for easy purchases online and in-store.
Of TD Bank’s credit card options, you have two that require no annual fee:
- The TD Cash Credit Card. This reward card is your cashback pick and offers a solid 3% back on dining, 2% back at grocery stores and 1% on everything else. Plus, it offers a $150 signup bonus when you spend $500 within 90 days of opening your account.
- The TD Business Solutions Credit Card. Similar to the TD Cash Credit Card, you’ll earn cash back on select purchases, though this card is designed for businesses. You’ll earn 2% back on phone, internet and cable services, dining and gas stations, and on everything else when you redeem into an eligible TD Bank Deposit Account. Plus, you can earn $250 cash back when you spend $1,500 in your first 90 days of account opening.
Will I earn more rewards if I pay an annual fee?
Credit card annual fees often, but not always, indicate a higher number of perks or rewards on the card than cards with no annual fee. Of TD Bank’s rewards cards, those with annual fees don’t earn more rewards than their no-annual-fee counterparts. Instead, the annual fee gets a few other small upgrades, such as a larger welcome offer and lower APR.
Given the small selection of TD Bank credit cards available, there are a few specific areas to review to make the right choice:
- Review your spending. You have a few rewards card options from TD Bank, including the Target REDcard™ Credit Card, which is strong for Target regulars. Where you spend the most will determine which TD Bank rewards card is most lucrative for your wallet.
- Consider your travel needs. Only two TD Bank cards offer rewards on travel: the TD Aeroplan™ Visa Signature® Credit Card and the TD First Class℠ Visa Signature® Credit Card. The TD Aeroplan™ Visa Signature® Credit Card could be useful if Aeroplan is your most used airline, but the TD First Class℠ Visa Signature® Credit Card offers a wider variety of earning opportunities.
- Look at your business needs. You have one business option to choose from, the TD Business Solutions Credit Card. If this card doesn’t have all of the features you’re looking for from a business card, such as travel insurance or rewards on office supplies, you’ll need to look to other providers.
- Review your credit score. The TD Cash Secured Credit Card is the only TD Bank card designed for credit building, which makes it the go-to choice if you have poor credit.
TD Bank offers one type of reward currency through its program, alternatively referred to as points or miles depending on the card you have.
How can I redeem points/miles?
All points accrued through your TD card are redeemable for merchandise, statement credits or travel. You can apply these to prior purchases or redeem them by visiting the TD card services webpage or calling 888-561-8861.
How much are the points/miles worth?
According to the provider site at the time of writing, each point is worth at least 1 cent when redeemed for travel, gift cards or cash back. Your points may be worth less when redeemed on merchandise or similar purchases.
Assuming you spend $100 on a night dining out with the TD Cash Credit Card, you can expect 300 points for that purchase. If you maintain that spending each month, you’re looking at earnings of 3,600 points on dining alone at the end of your first year.
TD Bank uses firewalls, encryption and other industry-wide security practices to protect your information during the application process. This protection extends to use of the TD Bank website and mobile apps, and TD Bank employs single-use security codes to verify your identity online.
Your credit card is also protected by Visa Zero Liability to better shield you from unauthorized use of your account.
TD Bank offers a small but straightforward collection of credit cards that provide great value for travelers, small-business owners and those looking for decent rewards on their spending. Check out the best TD Bank cards here.
Compare your other provider options for a better sense of what cards are available to suit your unique needs.
- What is the minimum number of points I need for redeeming?
You’ll need to accrue at least $25 worth of points in order to redeem on a reward.
- Where can I view my account statement?
View and print your account statements by logging into your TD Bank account at the TD Bank website.
- Will my reward points always be worth 1 cent a piece?
TD Bank reserves the right to change the details of its reward program, including point values. Currently, only travel, gift card and cashback redemptions are always worth at least 1 cent per point.
- When will I get my intro bonus miles/points?
TD Bank will post your points to your account within six to eight weeks after you meet the eligibility requirements for the bonus.