If you have bad or no credit history, access a credit line of $200 to $5,000 with Primor Secured Credit Cards.
Looking for a credit card but feel limited by your lower credit score? Primor Secured Credit Cards offer easy-to-meet eligibility criteria, a credit line from $200 to $5,000, and no credit score requirement. These cards are helpful for those with damaged or no credit history because they report to all three nationwide credit bureaus, maximizing the chance that your positive financial activity will improve your score.
Green Dot Bank does not charge any processing or application fees. After you apply, Green Dot Bank will process your information and approve you within minutes if you qualify. While interest rates are fixed and vary by card, the total you put down for your FDIC-insured savings deposit will equal your credit limit.
The Green Dot Bank Primor Secured Credit Card is best for:
- Credit card newcomers
- Consumers with poor or no credit
- People trying to improve their credit
- Students who have to budget their expenses
- Applicants who are unsure if they’ll be approved for an unsecured credit card
What types of Primor cards does Green Dot Bank offer?
Primor Secured Credit Cards are issued by Green Dot Bank in Mercerville, New Jersey — but you can apply from anywhere in the US. The company is an FDIC member, meaning that it’s legit and your money is backed by the federal government. Green Dot Bank issues four main Primor Secured Credit Cards:
All Primor Secured Credit Cards charge a $29 fee for returned and late payments. And like most credit cards, these cards offer an interest-free payment period of up to 25 days. The minimum interest charge is $1.
Because these cards are secured, you are required to put down a savings deposit that will become your credit line.
The basics of Primor secured credit cards
A Primor secured credit card is a great introduction for someone who wants to find out if they can responsibly manage a credit card. Some of the basics that come along with Primor secured credit cards are:
- Interest. Variable rates ranging from 9.99% to 13.99%.
- Grace period. Interest-free periods of up to 25 days.
- Annual fee. Fees range anywhere from $39 to $49.
- Other fees. You may be subject to additional fees such as a returned payment fee (up to $29), late payment fee (up to $29), cash advance fee ($5 or 5% of purchase, whichever is greater) and a foreign currency conversion fee (3% of each transaction).
- Credit check. Poor or no credit can be approved with a security deposit.
- Minimum deposit. $200
- Maximum deposit. $5,000
How to apply for a Primor Secured Credit Card with Green Dot Bank
The fast, easy application process begins by visiting Green Dot Bank’s website:
- Find the landing page for the Primor Secured Credit Card you want to apply for.
- Enter your personal information.
- Enter your Social Security number and income.
Once you’ve completed your application, Green Dot Bank will contact you with a decision.
What do I need to apply for a Primor Secured Credit Card?
To apply for a Primor Secured Credit Card, you’ll need to provide:
- Your full name and contact information, including email address.
- Your date of birth and Social Security number
- You are at least 18 years old (19 in Alabama and Nebraska; 21 in Mississippi).
- You have no more than one open credit card with Green Dot Bank.
- If you have an open credit card with Green Dot Bank, you must be current with the card’s payments and not over your credit limit.
- If you have had a credit card with Green Dot Bank, your account must have never been charged off — this is when a creditor declares your debt as unlikely collectable.
- Your monthly income is at least $100 greater than your monthly expenses
If you need a credit card but feel trapped by your credit score, a Primor Secured Credit Card could be a helpful solution. Green Dot Bank doesn’t require a credit check, and each Primor Card reports to three credit bureaus — a boon to your credit history.
However, before you settle on a Primor Secured Credit Card, check out other secured credit cards in the industry.