If you have bad or no credit history, access a credit line of $200 to $5,000 with Primor Secured Credit Cards.
Looking for a credit card but feel limited by your lower credit score? Primor Secured Credit Cards offer easy-to-meet eligibility criteria, a credit line from $200 to $5,000, and no credit score requirement. These cards are a helpful solution for those with damaged or no credit history, because they report to all three nationwide credit bureaus, maximizing the chance that your new financial activity will improve your score.
Green Dot Bank does not charge any processing or application fees. After you apply, Green Dot Bank will process your information and approve you within minutes if you qualify. While interest rates are fixed and vary by card, the total you put down for your FDIC-insured savings deposit will equal your credit limit.
What types of Primor cards does Green Dot Bank offer?
Primor Secured Credit Cards are issued by Green Dot Bank in Mercerville, New Jersey. The company is an FDIC member. Green Dot Bank issues four main Primor Secured Credit Cards:
- Primor Secured Mastercard Classic Card. 13.99% APR with a $39 annual fee.
- Primor Secured Visa Classic Card. 13.99% purchase APR with a $39 annual fee.
- Primor Secured Mastercard Gold Card. 9.99% purchase APR with a $49 annual fee.
- Primor Secured Visa Gold Card. 9.99% purchase APR with a $49 annual fee.
All Primor Secured Credit Cards charge a $29 fee for returned and late payments. And like most credit cards, these cards offer an interest-free payment period of up to 25 days. The minimum interest charge is $1.
Because these cards are secured, you are required to put down a savings deposit that will become your credit line.
How to apply for a Primor Secured Credit Card with Green Dot Bank
The fast, easy application process begins by visiting Green Dot Bank’s website:
- Find the landing page for the Primor Secured Credit Card you want to apply for.
- Enter your personal information.
- Enter your Social Security number and income.
Once you’ve completed your application, Green Dot Bank will contact you with a decision.
What do I need to apply for a Primor Secured Credit Card?
To apply for a Primor Secured Credit Card, you’ll need to provide:
- Your full name and contact information, including email address.
- Your date of birth and Social Security number
- You are at least 18 years old (19 in Alabama and Nebraska; 21 in Mississippi).
- You have no more than one open credit card with Green Dot Bank.
- If you have an open credit card with Green Dot Bank, you must be current with the card’s payments and not over your credit limit.
- If you have had a credit card with Green Dot Bank, your account must have never been charged off.
- Your monthly income is at least $100 greater than your monthly expenses
If you need a credit card but feel trapped by your credit score, a Primor Secured Credit Card could be a helpful solution. Green Dot Bank doesn’t require a credit check, and each Primor Card reports to three credit bureaus — a boon to your credit history.
However, before you settle on a Primor Secured Credit Card, check out other secured credit cards in the industry.
Frequently asked questions
Do Primor Secured Credit Cards offer rewards?
No, these cards do not offer rewards or cash-back programs. Instead, they’re simple cards to help cardholders build credit.
To get a Primor Secured Credit Card, will I need a savings account?
Yes, you will need to open a personal savings deposit account to secure a credit line.
What is the cash advance fee?
For cash advances, you can expect to pay $5 or 5% of the transaction amount, whichever is greater.
Can I use this card for balance transfers?
No, these cards don’t allow for balance transfers.
Can I increase my credit limit?
Yes. To increase your credit limit, you’ll need to add funds in $50 increments to your security deposit. However, you will also have to pay a $49 credit line increase fee.
Is there a minimum credit score required for approval?
The application process does not require a credit check. You can be approved with bad, limited or no credit history.
How much is the fee to get an additional card?
Green Dot Bank’s replacement card fee is $29.
What is the foreign transaction fee for the cards?
The foreign transaction fee for Primor Secured Credit Cards is 3%.