Finder makes money from featured partners, but editorial opinions are our own. Advertiser Disclosure
Fifth Third Bank credit cards: Which one is best for you?
You'll find some solid cards in this regional bank.
Fifth Third Bank is a relatively small bank that offers a similarly small selection of credit cards, including a great tiered cashback card that stands among its big-name competitors. Here’s a look at their full selection so that you can compare them side-by-side.
Compare Fifth Third Bank credit cards
Though you have just a handful of Fifth Third Bank credit cards to choose from, they cover a few credit card staple categories, with two of those cards offering rewards.
Best Fifth Third Bank credit cards
The Best Fifth Third Bank credit card is the one that offers you the best value for your needs, for the lowest cost. When comparing Fifth Third Bank credit cards, we looked at a few factors, including card features, rewards opportunities, annual fees and APRs. We ranked the cards on our list based on where they performed best.
- Why trust us? Unlike our competitors, Finder’s credit card experts research and write about all credit cards, including those from providers who aren’t partners on our site. Our trustworthy, unbiased evaluations are solely meant to help you choose the best credit card for your financial needs.
Best for intro APR
Truly Simple® Credit Card
- Annual fee. None.
- Intro APR: 0% for 15 billing cycles following your account opening on purchases and balance transfers. After that, your APR will be 14.24% to 25.24%% variable. This is a strong intro APR period.
|Minimum Credit Score||670|
Best for fair or no credit
Fifth Third Secured Card
- Security deposit earns interest. Few major providers offer interest on deposits.
|Minimum Credit Score||300|
How do I apply for a Fifth Third Bank credit card?
You must be at least 18 years old to apply for a Fifth Third Bank card. You must also be a citizen or permanent resident of the US.
When you’re ready to apply for a Fifth Third Bank card, follow these steps:
- Go to the Fifth Third Bank website and visit the appropriate credit card page.
- There are three ways to apply: online, at a Fifth Third Bank branch or by phone. Select one of these options on the Fifth Third Bank card page.
- To apply online, complete the application with your personal information. This includes your contact details, Social Security number and financial details.
How to choose the best Fifth Third credit card
- Do you want strong rewards on everyday purchases? Look into the TRIO® Credit Card, which offers impressive cash back.
- Do you want a strong intro APR on purchases and balance transfers? The Truly Simple® Credit Card has the best intro APR on both balance types among all of the Fifth Third Bank cards.
- Do you want to give charitable contributions? The Stand Up To Cancer® Credit Card can help you easily redeem rewards for donations to Stand Up To Cancer.
- Do you have damaged or no credit? You may qualify for the Fifth Third Secured Card. Keep in mind this product is unimpressive compared to other secured cards on the market.
- Are you a preferred Fifth Third Bank client? The TRIO® Preferred Credit Card could be a great choice. Note, however, you may be able to earn even stronger rewards with big-bank cards depending on your typical spending.
Types of Fifth Third Bank credit cards
Fifth Third Bank offers three types of cards: rewards cards, intro APR cards, and a secured card. In fact, Fifth Third Bank has just four cards available as of March 2021, so if you don’t see a card that stands out for your needs, you’ll need to look to other providers.
Standout benefits of a Fifth Third Bank credit card
- No annual fee. You’ll pay no annual fees for Fifth Third cards, with the exception of the bank’s secured card.
Fifth Third Bank rewards program
Although you’ll find two Fifth Third Bank reward programs — cash back and Real Life points — both let you redeem for various rewards.
How can you redeem points and cash back?
To redeem, log in to your Fifth Third online account and click Real life rewards.
How much are points worth?
According to Fifth Third Bank, Real Life Rewards points are worth $0.01 each. You might also find your Real Life Rewards points worth more or less depending on what you redeem your points on.
What can I redeem my rewards on?
The following redemption options are currently offered by Fifth Third Bank:
- Cash back
- Gift cards
- Loan and mortgage credit
- Experiences, such as sporting events or spa treatments
Alternatives to Fifth Third Bank credit cards
- Other regional banks. Just like Fifth Third Bank has competitive credit card options, other small banks — such as Union Bank and First National Bank of Omaha — can offer surprisingly impressive products.
- Credit unions. Some credit unions — PenFed is an example of a great credit card issuer — offer products that rival or surpass those of big banks. Before signing up for membership, see whether you meet the qualification requirements.
- Big banks. Big banks tend to have the most attractive welcome offers. Many of them have credit cards that edge out comparable cards from smaller banks. For a premium credit card with high-class travel rewards, you’ll find better options with big banks.
Full list of Fifth Third Bank credit cards
- Fifth Third Cash/Back Card
- Fifth Third Preferred Credit Card
If you don’t live in a state with access to Fifth Third Bank or you want a bigger card selection, try looking at cards from the bigger providers. Credit cards from Chase, American Express and Capital One all offer a wide variety of card types that can fulfill your financial needs.
If you’re not sure Fifth Third Bank is the right provider for you, compare all of your credit card options to find the one that fits best.
Frequently asked questions
- Do Fifth Third rewards expire?
Yes. They generally expire within three years.
- Should I get a Fifth Third Bank credit card?
Maybe. Fifth Third Bank credit cards are solid if you can’t afford a more valuable card or if you prefer to stick with a smaller provider.
- How does Fifth Third Bank keep my personal information secure?
Fifth Third Bank offers Identity Alert for a monthly fee, protecting you with credit reports, identity theft insurance and Social Security monitoring. To safeguard your information, it uses data encryption. This ensures your data is shielded from unauthorized parties. Other providers don’t charge for this service.
More guides on Finder
Bitcoin faces another bloodbath as liquidity dries up further
To combat rising inflation, central banks across the globe have initiated quantitative easing (QE) measures, resulting in lowered market liquidity.
How to get a home equity loan with bad credit
A steady income, more equity and low debt are key to getting approved with bad credit.
How to buy cryptocurrency in Puerto Rico
How to start buying and investing in cryptocurrency in Puerto Rico.
How much are closing costs on a HELOC or home equity loan?
Do you have to pay closing costs on home equity loans and HELOCs?
HELOC and home equity loan requirements
Here’s what you need to qualify for a HELOC in 2022
Interfirst mortgage review
Learn about Interfirst’s $0-origination-fee mortgages.
High-yield savings accounts of June 2022
Take a look at several of the best high-interest savings accounts to grow your funds with no risk. You’ll discover fee structures and what it takes to open an account.
Scratch Card Review
Earn cash back equal to inflation with this upcoming card.
BMO Harris Bank products: Checking, Savings and CDs
BMO Harris Bank offers various saving and checking options and an extensive ATM network.
Chase new account bonuses
We’ve rounded up Chase’s new account bonus offers and what you’ll need to qualify.
Ask an Expert