We value our editorial independence, basing our comparison results, content and reviews on objective analysis without bias. But we may receive compensation when you click links on our site. Learn more about how we make money from our partners.
Fifth Third Bank is a relatively small bank that offers a selection of solid cards, including a great tiered cashback card that stands among its big-name competitors. Here’s a look at their selection, including a straightforward intro-APR product and a card that supports the Stand Up To Cancer charity.
Compare Fifth Third Bank credit cards
Though you have just a handful of Fifth Third Bank credit cards to choose from, they cover a few credit card staple categories, with two of those cards offering rewards.
Best Fifth Third Bank credit cards
Fifth Third Bank offers a few unique cards. Check out its lineup if you want a product for rewards, intro APR, charitable contributions or a card for fair or no credit.
Jump to …
Best for rewards: TRIO® Credit Card
Best for intro APR: Truly Simple® Credit Card
Best for charitable donations: Stand Up To Cancer® Credit Card
Best for fair or no credit: Fifth Third Secured Card
Fifth Third Bank rewards program
Through Fifth Third Bank’s rewards program, Real Life Rewards, you can redeem points for various rewards.
How can you redeem points?
To redeem points, log in to your Fifth Third online account and click Real Life Rewards.
How much are points worth?
According to Fifth Third Bank, Real Life Rewards points are worth $0.01 each. You might also find your Real Life Rewards points worth more or less depending on what you redeem your points on.
What can I redeem my points on?
The following redemption options are currently offered by Fifth Third Bank:
- Cash back
- Gift cards
- Loan and mortgage credit
- Experiences, such as sporting events or spa treatments
Typical card features and benefits of a Fifth Third Bank credit card
- No annual fee. You’ll pay no annual fees for Fifth Third cards, with the exception of the bank’s secured card.
- Intro APR. Intro periods range from 12 to 15 months.
- Wide range of APRs. You may qualify for a relatively low or very high APR. The better your credit score, the lower interest rate you’ll likely receive.
- Mastercard travel protections. Depending on your credit card and the type of Mastercard you receive, you might be eligible for various Mastercard travel protections, such as baggage delay insurance.
How do I apply for a Fifth Third Bank credit card?
You must be at least 18 years old to apply for a Fifth Third Bank card. You must also be a citizen or permanent resident of the US.
When you’re ready to apply for a Fifth Third Bank card, follow these steps:
- Go to the Fifth Third Bank website and visit the appropriate credit card page.
- There are three ways to apply: online, at a Fifth Third Bank branch or by phone. Select one of these options on the Fifth Third Bank card page.
- To apply online, complete the application with your personal information. This includes your contact details, Social Security number and financial details.
How does Fifth Third Bank keep my credit card information secure?
Fifth Third Bank has an SSL certificate issued by Avast. This certificate verifies the authenticity of the bank’s site. When you see it, you can be sure you’re submitting information to Fifth Third Bank and not another entity.
Fifth Third Bank offers Identity Alert for a monthly fee, protecting you with credit reports, identity theft insurance and Social Security monitoring. To safeguard your information, it uses data encryption. This ensures your data is shielded from unauthorized parties.
The TRIO® Credit Card is a great choice, going toe to toe with the Bank of America® Cash Rewards credit card. Depending on your needs, you might also like the bank’s flagship 0% intro APR card or charitable product.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert