Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Fifth Third Bank is a relatively small bank that offers a selection of solid cards, including a great tiered cashback card that stands among its big-name competitors. Here’s a look at their selection, including a straightforward intro-APR product and a card that supports the Stand Up To Cancer charity.
What's in this guide?
- Best Fifth Third Bank credit cards
- Compare Fifth Third Bank credit cards
- Full list of Fifth Third credit cards
- How do I apply for a Fifth Third Bank credit card?
- Fifth Third Bank rewards program
- Typical card features and benefits of a Fifth Third Bank credit card
- Bottom line
- Frequently asked questions
Best Fifth Third Bank credit cards
Fifth Third Bank offers a few unique cards. Check out its lineup if you want a product for rewards, intro APR, charitable contributions or a card for fair or no credit.
Best for rewards: TRIO® Credit Card
- Annual fee: None.
- Rewards: Cash back on every purchase.
Earn 3% cash back at restaurants and 2% cash back on gas and at grocery and drug stores. You’ll receive these rates on up to $1,500 in combined purchases each quarter. After you’ve reached the quarterly limit, and on all other purchases, you’ll earn 1% cash back.
- Signup bonus: $100 cashback bonus.
To earn it, spend $1,000 on purchases in the first 90 days of your account opening. You’ll find better signup bonuses elsewhere, but this one has a low spending threshold.
- Intro balance transfer APR: 0% for 12 billing cycles following your account opening.
After that, your APR will be 14.99% to 23.99% variable. This is a decent intro APR period, though you might wish it came with an intro APR on purchases.
Best for intro APR: Truly Simple® Credit Card
- Annual fee: None.
- Intro APR: 0% for 15 billing cycles following your account opening on purchases and balance transfers.
After that, your APR will be 12.99% to 23.99% variable. This is a strong intro APR period.
Best for charitable donations: Stand Up To Cancer® Credit Card
- Annual fee: None.
- Rewards: 1x points on all purchases.
Not a spectacular rate — 1.5% is standard among other cards. Redeem points for donations to Stand Up To Cancer, gift cards, cash deposits, statement credit and more.
- Fifth Third contributions to Stand Up To Cancer.
When you redeem points for donations, Fifth Third will match 10% of your contribution’s cash value. The bank donates additional funds to the charity: 0.2% of your purchase amounts and $5 each year your card is active.
- Intro APR: 0% for 12 billing cycles following your account opening on purchases and balance transfers.
After that, your APR will be 14.74% to 25.74% variable. A solid intro APR period.
Best for fair or no credit: Fifth Third Secured Card
- Security deposit earns interest.
Few major providers offer interest on deposits.
How we selected our best cards
Fifth Third Bank offers a small stable of credit cards, and each product is geared toward a certain type of consumer. We compared all of the cards and deemed them best for specific categories based on their respective standout features.
Compare Fifth Third Bank credit cards
Though you have just a handful of Fifth Third Bank credit cards to choose from, they cover a few credit card staple categories, with two of those cards offering rewards.
Full list of Fifth Third credit cards
How do I apply for a Fifth Third Bank credit card?
You must be at least 18 years old to apply for a Fifth Third Bank card. You must also be a citizen or permanent resident of the US.
When you’re ready to apply for a Fifth Third Bank card, follow these steps:
- Go to the Fifth Third Bank website and visit the appropriate credit card page.
- There are three ways to apply: online, at a Fifth Third Bank branch or by phone. Select one of these options on the Fifth Third Bank card page.
- To apply online, complete the application with your personal information. This includes your contact details, Social Security number and financial details.
How does Fifth Third Bank keep my credit card information secure?
Fifth Third Bank has an SSL certificate issued by Avast. This certificate verifies the authenticity of the bank’s site. When you see it, you can be sure you’re submitting information to Fifth Third Bank and not another entity.
Fifth Third Bank offers Identity Alert for a monthly fee, protecting you with credit reports, identity theft insurance and Social Security monitoring. To safeguard your information, it uses data encryption. This ensures your data is shielded from unauthorized parties.
Fifth Third Bank rewards program
Through Fifth Third Bank’s rewards program, Real Life Rewards, you can redeem points for various rewards.
How can you redeem points?
To redeem points, log in to your Fifth Third online account and click Real Life Rewards.
How much are points worth?
According to Fifth Third Bank, Real Life Rewards points are worth $0.01 each. You might also find your Real Life Rewards points worth more or less depending on what you redeem your points on.
What can I redeem my points on?
The following redemption options are currently offered by Fifth Third Bank:
- Cash back
- Gift cards
- Loan and mortgage credit
- Experiences, such as sporting events or spa treatments
Typical card features and benefits of a Fifth Third Bank credit card
- No annual fee. You’ll pay no annual fees for Fifth Third cards, with the exception of the bank’s secured card.
- Intro APR. Intro periods range from 12 to 15 months.
- Wide range of APRs. You may qualify for a relatively low or very high APR. The better your credit score, the lower interest rate you’ll likely receive.
- Mastercard travel protections. Depending on your credit card and the type of Mastercard you receive, you might be eligible for various Mastercard travel protections, such as baggage delay insurance.
See offers for cards from other brands
CardMatch™ from creditcards.comRead more
The TRIO® Credit Card is a great choice, going toe to toe with the Bank of America® Cash Rewards credit card. Depending on your needs, you might also like the bank’s flagship 0% intro APR card or charitable product.
Frequently asked questions
Read more on this topic
Best Visa credit cards Earn rewards or get a 0% intro APR period with the best Visa credit cards.
BMW World Mastercard® review Earn modest rewards on BMW purchases with the BMW Card.
Credit card concierge services: Which can help you find toilet paper? Which credit card concierge services can find toilet paper in a pinch?
Rotary International Cash Rewards Visa Signature® credit card review Donate a small portion of every purchase you make with no additional cost to you.
BMW Precision World Elite Mastercard® review Earn rewards on BMW purchases, gas and more.
Synchrony Car Care™ credit card review A no-annual-fee store card for gas and maintenance.
SunTrust Prime Rewards Credit Card review Earn flat cash back on all purchases without paying an annual fee.
GM BuyPower Card® review GM customers will get strong rewards using this card.
United Club℠ Infinite Card review A premium United Airlines credit card with generous rewards.
What should I do with my credit card rewards during coronavirus? It depends on your situation and what type of rewards you have.
Ask an Expert