Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Fifth Third Bank credit cards: Which one is best for you?
You'll find some solid cards in this regional bank.
Fifth Third Bank is a relatively small bank that offers a similarly small selection of credit cards, including a great tiered cashback card that stands among its big-name competitors. Here’s a look at their full selection so that you can compare them side-by-side.
Compare Fifth Third Bank credit cards
Though you have just a handful of Fifth Third Bank credit cards to choose from, they cover a few credit card staple categories, with two of those cards offering rewards.
Best Fifth Third Bank credit cards
The Best Fifth Third Bank credit card is the one that offers you the best value for your needs, for the lowest cost. When comparing Fifth Third Bank credit cards, we looked at a few factors, including card features, rewards opportunities, annual fees and APRs. We ranked the cards on our list based on where they performed best.
- Why trust us? Unlike our competitors, Finder’s credit card experts research and write about all credit cards, including those from providers who aren’t partners on our site. Our trustworthy, unbiased evaluations are solely meant to help you choose the best credit card for your financial needs.
Best for fair or no credit
Fifth Third Secured Card
Min. credit score
- Security deposit earns interest. Few major providers offer interest on deposits.
|Minimum deposit required||N/A|
|Purchase APR||23.99% variable|
|Balance transfer APR||23.99% variable|
|Recommended minimum credit score||300|
What's in this guide?
- Compare Fifth Third Bank credit cards
- Best Fifth Third Bank credit cards
- How do I apply for a Fifth Third Bank credit card?
- How to choose the best Fifth Third credit card
- Types of Fifth Third Bank credit cards
- Standout benefits of a Fifth Third Bank credit card
- Fifth Third Bank rewards program
- Alternatives to Fifth Third Bank credit cards
- Full list of Fifth Third Bank credit cards
How do I apply for a Fifth Third Bank credit card?
You must be at least 18 years old to apply for a Fifth Third Bank card. You must also be a citizen or permanent resident of the US.
When you’re ready to apply for a Fifth Third Bank card, follow these steps:
- Go to the Fifth Third Bank website and visit the appropriate credit card page.
- There are three ways to apply: online, at a Fifth Third Bank branch or by phone. Select one of these options on the Fifth Third Bank card page.
- To apply online, complete the application with your personal information. This includes your contact details, Social Security number and financial details.
How to choose the best Fifth Third credit card
- Do you want strong rewards on everyday purchases? Look into the TRIO® Credit Card, which offers impressive cash back.
- Do you want a strong intro APR on purchases and balance transfers? The Truly Simple® Credit Card has the best intro APR on both balance types among all of the Fifth Third Bank cards.
- Do you want to give charitable contributions? The Stand Up To Cancer® Credit Card can help you easily redeem rewards for donations to Stand Up To Cancer.
- Do you have damaged or no credit? You may qualify for the Fifth Third Secured Card. Keep in mind this product is unimpressive compared to other secured cards on the market.
- Are you a preferred Fifth Third Bank client? The TRIO® Preferred Credit Card could be a great choice. Note, however, you may be able to earn even stronger rewards with big-bank cards depending on your typical spending.
Types of Fifth Third Bank credit cards
Fifth Third Bank offers three types of cards: rewards cards, intro APR cards, and a secured card. In fact, Fifth Third Bank has just four cards available as of March 2021, so if you don’t see a card that stands out for your needs, you’ll need to look to other providers.
Standout benefits of a Fifth Third Bank credit card
- No annual fee. You’ll pay no annual fees for Fifth Third cards, with the exception of the bank’s secured card.
Fifth Third Bank rewards program
Although you’ll find two Fifth Third Bank reward programs — cash back and Real Life points — both let you redeem for various rewards.
How can you redeem points and cash back?
To redeem, log in to your Fifth Third online account and click Real life rewards.
How much are points worth?
According to Fifth Third Bank, Real Life Rewards points are worth $0.01 each. You might also find your Real Life Rewards points worth more or less depending on what you redeem your points on.
What can I redeem my rewards on?
The following redemption options are currently offered by Fifth Third Bank:
- Cash back
- Gift cards
- Loan and mortgage credit
- Experiences, such as sporting events or spa treatments
Alternatives to Fifth Third Bank credit cards
- Other regional banks. Just like Fifth Third Bank has competitive credit card options, other small banks — such as Union Bank and First National Bank of Omaha — can offer surprisingly impressive products.
- Credit unions. Some credit unions — PenFed is an example of a great credit card issuer — offer products that rival or surpass those of big banks. Before signing up for membership, see whether you meet the qualification requirements.
- Big banks. Big banks tend to have the most attractive welcome offers. Many of them have credit cards that edge out comparable cards from smaller banks. For a premium credit card with high-class travel rewards, you’ll find better options with big banks.
Full list of Fifth Third Bank credit cards
- Fifth Third Cash/Back Card
- Fifth Third Preferred Preferred Credit Card
If you don’t live in a state with access to Fifth Third Bank or you want a bigger card selection, try looking at cards from the bigger providers. Credit cards from Chase, American Express and Capital One all offer a wide variety of card types that can fulfill your financial needs.
If you’re not sure Fifth Third Bank is the right provider for you, compare all of your credit card options to find the one that fits best.
Frequently asked questions
- Do Fifth Third rewards expire?
Yes. They generally expire within three years.
- Should I get a Fifth Third Bank credit card?
Maybe. Fifth Third Bank credit cards are solid if you can’t afford a more valuable card or if you prefer to stick with a smaller provider.
- How does Fifth Third Bank keep my personal information secure?
Fifth Third Bank offers Identity Alert for a monthly fee, protecting you with credit reports, identity theft insurance and Social Security monitoring. To safeguard your information, it uses data encryption. This ensures your data is shielded from unauthorized parties. Other providers don’t charge for this service.
More guides on Finder
Purple Mastercard Debit Card review
A checking account-debit card combo marketed for people with disabilities.
Bank of Missouri Show Me Savers Club review
Bank of Missouri’s Show Me Savers earns 0.1% APY but can’t be opened online.
Online store credit cards with guaranteed approval
It’s easy to qualify for these online store cards.
Navy Federal Visa Buxx review
Navy Federal’s Visa Buxx card has no fees, but you must qualify for membership with the credit union.
Credit One Bank® Platinum Rewards Visa with No Annual Fee review
A good rewards option for those with average credit.
Credit One Bank® Platinum Rewards Visa Review
A strong cashback card if you want to build your credit score.
The best free debit cards for kids for 2021
A must-have for parents looking to teach their little ones healthy money habits early on.
Envel bank account review
Envel is a bank account that combines digital banking with the cash envelope budgeting system.
Bilt Mastercard review
Pay for your rent fee-free using this card.
Six Flags Rewards Visa review
An underwhelming and overshadowed entertainment credit card.
Ask an Expert