- The age of your credit history — or how long you’ve had your current credit cards.
- How many credit applications you’ve recently submitted.
- Your payment history, including late and on-time payments, collection actions and judgments against you.
- Credit utilization — or the ratio of balances you owe versus your limit on each card.
- How many installment loans, auto loans, credit cards, mortgages and other types of credit you have.
Providers will look at these factors, plus your other outstanding debts, to determine whether you are a good candidate or if you are too risky.
Rejected and not sure why? Many providers’ customer service departments will be honest about why you were not accepted for a new card. Give them a call to find out why, and then work on rebuilding your credit.
Credit card application status numbers
|Bank of America||866-695-6598|
|Capital One Bank||800-625-7866|
|Credit One Bank||800-752-5493|
|First Premier Bank||800-987-5521|
|First Progress||Check on website|
|Indigo® Platinum Mastercard® Credit Card||503-268-4711|
|Milestone® Gold Mastercard®||866-453-2636|
|OpenSky® Secured Visa® Credit Card||Check on website|
|Primor Visa||Check on website|
|StateFarm Visa Cards||800-324-4946|
|SunTrust Credit Cards||800-786-8787|
|Total Visa Card||888-267-7942|
|UNITY Visa® Secured Credit Card||Check on website|
|Voice Credit Card by Huntington||800-480-2265|
Store card application status numbers
|Academy Sports Outdoor Card||800-947-1444|
|My Best Buy® Visa® Card||Check on website|
|Boscov’s Credit Card||Check on website|
|Newegg Credit Card||888-609-0794|
|Target REDcard™ Credit Card||800-424-6888|
|Ulta Credit Card||866-983-8582|
|Wayfair Credit Card||866-513-5795|