It can take anywhere from a few seconds to a few weeks to learn if you’ve been approved or declined for a credit card. Most companies have a dedicated phone line, email address or web form where you can check on your status.— there are many components credit card companies will assess, among them:
- The age of your credit history — or how long you’ve had your current credit cards.
- How many credit applications you’ve recently submitted.
- Your payment history, including late and on-time payments, collection actions and judgments against you.
- Credit utilization — or the ratio of balances you owe versus your limit on each card.
- How many installment loans, auto loans, credit cards, mortgages and other types of credit you have.
Providers will look at these factors, plus your other outstanding debts, to determine whether you are a good candidate or if you are too risky.
Rejected and not sure why? Many providers’ customer service departments will be honest about why you were not accepted for a new card. Give them a call to find out why, and then work on rebuilding your credit.
Credit card application status numbers
|Bank of America||866-695-6598|
|Capital One Bank||800-625-7866|
|Credit One Bank||800-752-5493|
|First Premier Bank||800-987-5521|
|First Progress||Check on website|
|Indigo® Platinum Mastercard® Credit Card||503-268-4711|
|Milestone Gold Mastercard||866-453-2636|
|Opensky Credit Card||Check on website|
|Primor Visa||Check on website|
|READYdebit Prepaid Visa||866-295-2460|
|StateFarm Visa Cards||800-324-4946|
|SunTrust Credit Cards||800-786-8787|
|Total Visa Card||888-267-7942|
|Unity Visa||Check on website|
|Voice Credit Card by Huntington||800-480-2265|
Store card application status numbers
|Academy Sports Outdoor Card||800-947-1444|
|My Best Buy® Visa® Card||Check on website|
|Boscov’s Credit Card||Check on website|
|Newegg Credit Card||888-609-0794|
|Target REDcard™ Credit Card||800-424-6888|
|Ulta Credit Card||866-983-8582|
|Walmart Credit Card||877-969-3668|
|Wayfair Credit Card||866-513-5795|