Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Citi Simplicity® Card vs Discover it® Cash Back
Do you need a great balance transfer card or a great cashback card?
The biggest difference between the Discover it® Cash Back and the Citi Simplicity® Card is the Discover it® Cash Back earns 5% back on rotating categories on up to $1,500 each quarter, and 1% back after that and on everything else. The Citi Simplicity® Card isn’t a rewards card and thus doesn’t earn rewards on purchases.
The Discover it® Cash Back will also match all cash back you earn at the end of your first year as part of its signup bonus. The Citi Simplicity® Card on the other hand boasts a long intro APR on balance transfers of 18 months compared to the Discover it® Cash Back‘s 14 months.Please note: Citi is an advertising partner of finder.com
Summary of card features
Citi Simplicity® Card
- Intro APR period on balance transfers. For transfers made within the first 4 months of your account opening, get a 0% intro APR period for 18 months. After that, your rate will be from 14.74% to 24.74% variable.
- Intro APR period on purchases. You also get a 0% intro APR period on all purchases made within the first 18 months of card membership. A variable APR of 14.74% to 24.74% applies thereafter.
- No penalty APR and no late fees. Don’t worry if you make a late payment — you won’t pay any fee for being late and you won’t accrue a penalty APR, which is known to be up to 32% with other cards.
Discover it® Cash Back
- No annual fee
- Excellent rewards in rotating categories
- Solid intro APR on purchases and balance transfers
- Cashback Match on all rewards earned during the first card year
Compare credit cards
Ask an Expert