Return protection provides reimbursement for purchases made within 90 days even when the merchant won’t accept the return. This is an excellent perk to have, especially since it costs nothing extra. Unfortunately, only some Chase credit cards offer this perk.
Chase offers return protection, but only for two of its premium credit cards. If you have any other Chase credit card, you won’t get this perk.
If you do have a Chase card with this perk, using it is pretty simple. Here’s how Chase return protection works:
- Call the merchant where you bought your item from and ask if it’s possible to return the item.
- If the merchant declines, call your benefit administrator at 800-874-7702 or visit www.cardbenefitservices.com to file a claim within 90 days from the date of purchase.
- Fill out and sign the claim form and send it to the benefit administrator.
- Customer support will contact you after they receive the form.
- Follow the shipping instructions provided to you by the customer support.
Note: You’ll have to pay for the cost of shipping.
If you want a Chase credit card with return protection, you have two options:
Chase Sapphire Reserve®. Aside from getting return protection, you also get to earn 3x points on travel and dining purchases, and 10x points on Lyft car rides. Everything else you buy earns 1x points. In addition, you get other cool perks like a $300 travel credit each year, Priority Pass membership, Lyft Pink membership, DoorDash statement credits and more.
United Club℠ Infinite Card. This premium option is the second Chase card that comes with return protection. You also get to earn 4x miles on your United purchases, 2x miles on travel and dining and 1x miles on all other purchases. Plus you get a United Club membership worth up to $650 and free first and second checked bags among the many perks.
If you don’t think the two Chase credit cards with return protection would be a good choice for you, consider other credit cards with return protection.
Chase return protection policy
Chase return protection will reimburse you with up to $500 per item of personal property with an annual maximum of $1,000 per account. However, there are some rules you must follow to use this perk:
- The entire purchase must be made with your eligible Chase credit card or with reward points associated with your account.
- The item must be in like-new or good condition.
- If you file a claim within 30 days of purchase, you may need to submit proof of the store’s return policy.
- You must make an eligible purchase.
The cardholder who buys the item with their credit card or reward points can use Chase return protection perk.
Chase return protection is a useful feature to have, especially when it doesn’t cost anything extra. This gives you the option to return an item within 90 days of the day of purchase if the merchant won’t accept the return.
But if you don’t think any of Chase’s cards with this perk will meet your needs, consider other cards with this perk.