Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Chase Freedom Unlimited® vs Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
Choose between tiered and flat-rate rewards.
Which card should you choose?
Chase Freedom Unlimited®
- Earn an unlimited, flat cash back rate of 1.5%.
- Get a signup bonus of $200 after you spend $500 within your first 3 months of account opening.
- You'll also earn 5% cash back at grocery stores on up to $12,000 in the first year (then 1.5%).
- Don't pay an annual fee.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Signup bonus. Earn 60,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 in your first 3 months when you open your account. That's $750 in value when redeemed for travel purchases via the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal.
- Earn reward points. Every time you use your card toward travel and dining purchases, you earn 2x points. All other purchases earn 1x points.
- Point transfer. You can transfer your points in 1:1 ratio with Chase's hotel and airline partners, including British Airways, Air France KLM, Korean Air, Singapore Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Airlines, Virgin Atlantic, IHG, Marriott and World of Hyatt.
Compare credit cards
Ask an Expert