Earn 1% cash back that’s automatically forwarded to nonprofits of your choice.
- Get this card if you want an easy way to donate your rewards to charity.
- Pick something else if you want a 0% APR card or more powerful cash back.
- Recommended fair to excellent credit score of 620 to 850.
|Product Name||Charity Charge World Mastercard®|
|APR (Annual Percentage Rate) for Purchases||11.74% to 21.74% variable|
|Introductory Purchase APR||1.99% for the first 6 months (then 11.74% to 21.74% variable)|
|Introductory Balance Transfer APR||1.99% for the first 6 months (then 11.74% to 21.74% variable)|
|Balance Transfer Fee||5% or $10 (whichever is greater)|
|Cash Advance Rate||26.74% variable|
|Cash Advance Fee||$10 or 5% of the cash advance amount, whichever is greater|
|Foreign Transaction Fee|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 25 days|
|Late Payment Fee||$37|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Reward Value per Dollar||1% cash back|
|Rewards Points Expiry||Never|
The Charity Charge has a simple but powerful premise: It donates your credit card rewards automatically.
You’ll earn 1% cash back on every purchase, which Charity Charge forwards to up to three nonprofits of your choice.
This unique, socially conscious perk differentiates the Charity Charge card from competitors. Aside from choosing your charities, you don’t have to lift a finger to donate.
Luckily, doing good doesn’t cost you, as you’ll pay $0 annual fee for the card. Charity Charge eats any donation processing fees, and your donations are tax-deductible.
- ANNUAL FEE: $0.
A $0 annual fee helps you save money while you support charities around the world.
- REWARDS: Donate 1% cash back directly to your selected nonprofits.
Earn 1% cash back on every purchase. Charity Charge automatically donates your rewards to up to three charities of your choice.
Because 100% of your rewards go to charity, your donations are also tax-deductible. Charity Charge eats the donation processing fees.
After earning rewards, you can see your donations from an online dashboard, learning how your money is making an impact.
How does Charity Charge’s cash back stack up against the competition?Cash back of 1% isn’t a bad rate, but it’s not the highest you can earn.
Compare Charity Charge to other cards:
- The Citi® Double Cash Card offers 2% cash back after you pay off your purchases.
- The Bank of America® Cash Rewards credit card offers 3% on gas and 2% at grocery stores and wholesale clubs. It also offers 1% on everything else you buy.
- The Uber Visa Card is a cashback lover’s dream. It offers 4% on dining, 3% on travel, 2% on online purchases and 0% on everything else.
Ultimately, the appeal of the Charity Charge isn’t the powerful cash back you’ll earn. Rather, it’s the ease of contributing to your favorite nonprofits.
Very few cards offer such an easy way to donate your rewards.
- INTRO APR: 1.99% on purchases and balance transfers for 6 months.
You’ll wish it were 0% APR — and a tad longer than 6 months. However, 1.99% APR on purchases and balance transfers is a decent sweetener.
LOOKING FOR LOW INTEREST?
Looking for a cash back card? Consider these brands
You’ll also like …
- Free two-day shipping through ShopRunner.
Get free two-day shipping and free return shipping from more than 140 online stores through ShopRunner.
- Discounts at OneFineStay.
Get 10% off all bookings through OneFineStay, a service that rents high-end vacation homes.
- Add your Charity Charge card to your mobile wallet.
- See your FICO score on monthly statements.
- Price protection partially reimburses you if you find lower prices on the items you buy.
- Get extended warranties on items you buy with your card.
- Mastercard concierge service helps you with dining reservations, travel planning and more.
- Get complimentary upgrades for hotel rooms, car rentals, air travel and resort stays.
How does a balance transfer work with this card?
What to watch out for
- Penalty APR.
If you miss a payment, your APR rises to 28.74%. Only after six consecutive on-time payments does your APR revert back.
The Charity Charge card generates a lot of fuzzy feelings, but this penalty APR is a buzzkill. Take extra care to pay your bill before it’s due.
- Potentially high APR.
The card’s APR spans from 11.74% to 21.74% variable . If you have a weaker credit history, you may be given an interest rate toward the higher end of that range.
Note that 21.74% is a high APR considering the average is around 16%.
What to know before you apply
To apply for the Charity Charge card, you must be at least 18 years old.
Information you’ll need
- Your full name and contact information.
- Your residential status.
- Your annual income, source of income and employment information.
- Your Social Security number and mother’s maiden name.
What credit score do I need?
You may qualify for the Charity Charge if you apply with at least a fair credit score of 620 to 679. Your odds improve significantly if you apply with a good to excellent score of 680 to 850.
What’s a good credit score?
How to apply for the Charity Charge World Mastercard®
1. Go to the Charity Charge website and click Apply Now.
2. Search for a nonprofit to donate your rewards to. You can choose two more nonprofits after you receive your card.
3. Complete the application with details like your name, address, annual income and Social Security number.
4. Review and submit your application.
How long will it take to be approved?
Typically, you’ll receive a response within one to two weeks.
I got the card. Now what?
- Make timely payments.Pay your card bill online at the Charity Charge website, where you can also enroll in autopay.
- Avoid interest.After the close of each billing cycle, you have a grace period of 25 days to pay your balance — and avoid interest on your purchases.
- Avoid fees.Late payments come with fees of up to $37. Balance transfers and cash advances also come with fees.
- Contact customer service.If you have questions, contact Commerce Bank support at 800-617-7480.
Charity Charge doesn’t offer the strongest cash back. But for many people, it offers something better: The opportunity to support great charities around the world.
The card conveniently forwards your cash back to the nonprofits of your choice — a rare benefit that separates Charity Charge from the competition.
If you’re still not convinced that this is the right card for you, compare your options with our guide to credit cards.