Explore cards that’ll reward you with cash back or points for spending on gas.
Gas is the biggest expense for many companies. Find the best fit for your spending with cards offering cash back and rewards when you fuel up your fleet.
Our pick for cashback rewards
Ink Business Cash℠ Credit CardRead more
Best fuel credit cards
We compared several relevant features among eligible fuel credit cards, including points or cash back earned per dollar spent, welcome offer value, annual fees, intro APRs, additional reward categories and annual bonuses on requisite spending. The cards below stood above the rest in one or several of these categories, earning a spot on our list.
- SimplyCash® Plus Business Credit Card from American Express: Best overall gas rewards
- American Express® Business Gold Card: Best business card with a welcome offer
- Ink Business Cash℠ Credit Card: Best business card with 0% intro purchase APR
- Costco Anywhere Visa® Business Card by Citi: Best wholesale gas rewards for business
- United MileagePlus® Club Business Card: Best business card for overseas travel
Best overall gas rewards: SimplyCash® Plus Business Credit Card from American Express
Best business card with a welcome offer: American Express® Business Gold Card
For every dollar you spend on gas and on another category of your choice, you earn 4 membership points. In addition, you get a generous bonus worth more than $3,000 in the form of paid one-year subscriptions for G Suite Basic and ZipRecruiter Standard.
Best business card with 0% intro purchase APR: Ink Business Cash℠ Credit Card
Also, you get to earn a solid signup bonus and you won’t pay an annual fee for the card or for additional employee cards.
Best wholesale gas rewards business credit card: Costco Anywhere Visa® Business Card by Citi
In addition, you earn a solid cashback rate on dining and travel purchases worldwide, plus on all Costco purchases.
Alternatively, you can consider Sam’s Club business card, but in essence, you’d only get $20 more once you reach the cap. And you won’t get as much cash back on other categories as you would with the Costco card.
Best business card for overseas travel: United MileagePlus® Club Business Card
In addition, you get to enjoy perks on your United flights, including priority boarding, first checked bag free and more.
Find the right business card
Just two clicks to see our recommendation.
How we picked our best cards
We compared all business credit cards that offer accelerated rewards on gas. And then we narrowed down the best by comparing the rewards rate, the additional benefits and their standout features.
Compare business credit cards with gas rewards
What about fleet cards and fuel cards from gas stations?
Fleet business credit cards, such as the Shell Small Business Card or the Chevron and Texaco Business Credit Card may seem like a decent choice for your company. However, these cards limit your spending to only one brand of gas stations.
Also, they don’t let you earn as many additional rewards as you would with a small business credit card. If you often travel abroad, you won’t be able to use a fleet card.
How to compare fuel business credit cards
The credit cards on our list offer similar cash back or rewards on your fuel purchases, but many limit your rewards in other categories.
To find a card that maximizes your rewards on typical spending, look at your business expenses and consider:
- Do you want cash back or rewards points? You may want cash back to reinvest in your business. If you prefer points, the American Express® Business Gold Card is your only option on our list.
- What does your company spend the most on? If gas is your top expense, all but the Ink Business Cash℠ Credit Card on our list offer accelerated rewards on fuel. But each card differs in how much you can earn in other categories.
- How often do you travel? If you fly often, the American Express® Business Gold Card offers a range of travel perks and rewards. Enjoy 4x points on airfare as your chosen category, with no foreign transaction fees and a selection of insurance policies and protection assistance. If your travel spending dwarfs your gas bills, consider a business travel credit card for even bigger returns.
Compare all business cards
A business rewards card can save you a bundle if fuel is among your greatest company needs. Most providers offer up to 3% cash back or 3x points at gas stations, along with varying rewards in other categories.
As you compare other business credit card options, also consider annual fees, APRs, signup bonuses and perks that can suit your business needs.