We value our editorial independence, basing our comparison results, content and reviews on objective analysis without bias. But we may receive compensation when you click links on our site. Learn more about how we make money from our partners.
Compare the best fuel business credit cards
Explore cards that'll reward you with cash back or points for spending on gas.
Gas is the biggest expense for many companies. Find the best fit for your spending with cards offering cash back and rewards when you fuel up your fleet.
Our pick for business gas rewards
American Express® Blue Business Cash CardRead more
Best fuel business credit cards
- American Express® Blue Business Cash Card: Best overall gas rewards
- American Express® Business Gold Card: Best business card with a welcome offer
- Ink Business Cash℠ Credit Card: Best business card with 0% intro purchase APR
- Costco Anywhere Visa® Business Card by Citi: Best wholesale gas rewards for business
- United MileagePlus® Club Business Card: Best business card for overseas travel
Best overall gas rewards: American Express® Blue Business Cash Card
Best business card with a welcome offer: American Express® Business Gold Card
This can be an ideal card for your business if you spend a lot on gas. If gas is one of the two highest spending categories for your business each month, you’ll earn 4x membership points at US gas stations on up to $150,000 in combined purchases with a second category annually, then 1x points.
Best business card with 0% intro purchase APR: Ink Business Cash℠ Credit Card
If you want to earn accelerated cash back on categories such as gas, dining and office supplies, and you also want a long interest-free period on purchases — this could be the right card for you. Also, you get to earn a solid signup bonus and you won’t pay an annual fee for the card or for additional employee cards.
Best wholesale gas rewards business credit card: Costco Anywhere Visa® Business Card by CitiThe information about Costco Anywhere Visa® Business Card has been collected independently by Finder and and has not been reviewed or provided by the issuer.
Small businesses that don’t spend much on gas can benefit from this card. It offers one of the highest cashback rates on gas, but it’s capped at a lower annual spending limit compared to similar credit cards.In addition, you earn a solid cashback rate on dining and travel purchases worldwide, plus on all Costco purchases.
Alternatively, you can consider Sam’s Club business card, but in essence, you’d only get $20 more once you reach the cap. And you won’t get as much cash back on other categories as you would with the Costco card.
Best business card for overseas travel: United MileagePlus® Club Business Card
If you want to earn rewards on gas purchases, but you also travel abroad often, the United MileagePlus® Club Business Card could be worth considering. You get to earn accelerated miles at gas stations, restaurants, office supply stores and on your United purchases.In addition, you get to enjoy perks on your United flights, including priority boarding, first checked bag free and more.
How we selected our top cards
We compared several relevant features among eligible fuel credit cards, including points or cash back earned per dollar spent, welcome offer value, annual fees, intro APRs, additional reward categories and annual bonuses on requisite spending. Our selected cards stood out above the rest in one or several of these categories.
What’s changed in 2020
The recently revamped American Express® Business Gold Card offers both strong rewards and flexibility.
The Business Advantage Cash Rewards Mastercard® credit card dropped off our list, replaced by the excellent American Express® Blue Business Cash Card.
Compare business credit cards with gas rewards
What about fleet cards and fuel cards from gas stations?
Fleet business credit cards, such as the Shell Small Business Card or the Chevron and Texaco Business Credit Card may seem like a decent choice for your company. However, these cards limit your spending to only one brand of gas stations.
Also, they don’t let you earn as many additional rewards as you would with a small business credit card. If you often travel abroad, you won’t be able to use a fleet card.
How to compare fuel business credit cards
The credit cards on our list offer similar cash back or rewards on your fuel purchases, but many limit your rewards in other categories.
To find a card that maximizes your rewards on typical spending, look at your business expenses and consider:
- Do you want cash back or rewards points? You may want cash back to reinvest in your business. If you prefer points, the American Express® Business Gold Card is your only option on our list.
- What does your company spend the most on? If gas is your top expense, all but the Ink Business Cash℠ Credit Card on our list offer accelerated rewards on fuel. But each card differs in how much you can earn in other categories.
- How often do you travel? If you fly often, the American Express® Business Gold Card offers a range of travel perks and rewards. Enjoy 4x points on airfare if it’s one of your two highest spending categories, with no foreign transaction fees (see rates & fees) and a selection of insurance policies and protection assistance. If your travel spending dwarfs your gas bills, consider a business travel credit card for even bigger returns.
A business rewards card can save you a bundle if fuel is among your greatest company needs. Most providers offer up to 3% cash back or 3x points at gas stations, along with varying rewards in other categories.
As you compare other business credit card options, also consider annual fees, APRs, signup bonuses and perks that can suit your business needs.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert